It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of The 22 World Conflicts Around The World, 21 are Muslim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

roman catholic. lol!

glad you caught that.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Sorry but not all of us Atheists fit that generalized lump of coal you are freely giving away here. I don't blame religion for a damn thing. I blame the people who cause the problems in this world by there actions alone. To generalize a group of people is irresponsible and simply not correct. For that action I hold you accountable. Your faith or politics have nothing to do with it for me. Maybe they do for you but not for me. I just wanted to make that clear.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

If you are trying to be funny, I dont "get" your style of humor...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

good, it is people that mess everything up, u are right.

but some people mess things up more than others and how do you propose to control or appease people?

outlaw religion? really think that will work at all?

tell me god doesn't exist? seriously?

we need to come to grips with what we got.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Not all of those listed are actual 'religious' wars (though a few are), many are civil wars being fought against the government and others are ethnic conflicts. The conflicts in the Balkan region for example were ethnic, not religious conflicts. Just because peoples of a certain religion are involved it does not automatically characterise the conflict as religious.

There are hundreds of low level wars occuring around the world everyday, many more serious than what goes on in the places you have mentioned.

Examples:

- The drug wars in Mexico which are much more deadly and brutal than many of the military conflicts you have listed

- The various Latin American insurgencies (examples: FARC , ELN , Shining Path)

- Indian Maoist rebels have been in conflict with the Indian government for a long time

- The conflict between loyalists and nationalists in Northern Ireland (though quite low level and marginal, there are still security alerts and there have been some relatively recent attacks by dissident groups)

- In the Basque country the rebel group ETA declared a ceasefire at the start of the year but that was a conflict which has lasted since the end of the Franco dictatorship in Spain.

I know I'm going to take a bit of flack for this point but one could even look at the USA and the gang warfare prevalent in some cities as a very low level war, I mean the body count in the USA is higher than some of the places you have posted.

Anyway, these few examples show that war and insurgency certainly isn't unique to one region or religion. Humans unfortunately have a pre-disposition towards endemic warfare, people would fight regardless of religion, religion just makes fighting easier to justify (for some).

edit on 21-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

And just how many of those you listed were not started by Muslims, but rather by America and/or it's allies? I love the way you list off all the wars the Muslims are in at the moment but skip over who started the bloody things. Trying to twist the statistics are we?

And yes, no matter how much you try to explain it, you cannot get away from the fact the Christianity is listed just as much as Islam. Putting blinders on doesn't change this fact.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

People are the issue. I have no desire or intent to abolish religion or anything of the sort so long as it does no harm to people directly. I think everyone should be able to co-exist and believe, know or pursue whatever they like so long as it is not harmful to the well being of human life.

The age old question of what should be done is one I no sooner have an answer for than anyone else. What I do know is that lumping people into a label and generalizing is something is irresponsible and many times dangerous. Until we as human being become more tolerant and change our ways though nothing can be done. Doesn't mean that good efforts by any and all who seek answers is a waste though.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

yes and you forgot the maoists in peru. very bad people.

followers of che.

what you are talking about, they are pretty much not religious

Uighurs in china are religious and they are/will get stomped.

killing hans?, ooooooooooo not good. china won't get all PC on these guys.

rather be a muslim in iraq.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

which means freedom of religion and until god is is proven not to exist, we all are screwed.

so, you can't force non belief on anyone.

we all have to live with our beliefs and live up to them.

which brings us back full circle.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Im not a redneck atleast i dont think growing up in the projects makes me a redneck but hey i could be wrong.
Theres a good reason why we arent victims and its because we refuse to become victims. You fly some planes into some building we ruin your country and everyone around it we dont like. You like your things and you value your peoples lives, then you probably should not be poking the proverbial bear.

If aliens attacked we would just punch them in the face or get Will Smith out of retirement and have him # their # up. No worries
edit on 21-7-2011 by BMags because: grammar

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I believe I mentioned the Maoists in Peru in the latin American insurgencies, the Shining path are a Peruvian Maoist organisation.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

ok, i missed that.

no prob.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I don't see where I am forcing anything on anyone. Nor have I implied it. It's completely against my nature. I would no soner entertain the thought og telling someone there god does not exist than I would tolerate anyone telling me I am wrong for what I choose to believe or accept. I feel this has gone out of context and off topic so I will refrain. It was a delight speaking with you just the same though and best wishes.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

that is the point of my posts, it's not you or even me, it's someone is gonna do that.

you can bet the farm on it.

it is hardwired in us to gather, no matter what the excuse.

no man's an island.

we will all do it no matter what the impetus.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
the problem is religion having political powers.
the whole world should stop letting these religions have any power completely.

It takes nothing for a good man to do good things and a bad man to do bad things.
it takes religion for a good man to do bad things.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BMags

You fly some planes into some building we ruin your country and everyone around it we dont like.

Ok. I see where you are coming from.
Tell me, what did Iraq have to do with 9/11 that it was invaded, leading to so much destruction and loss of life?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hmmm...so we have the religion of peace involved in the vast majority of conflicts around the world...and the Novel Peace Prize winning president of the US presiding over 3 open wars and who knows how many "secret wars" Yemen and Pakistan for instance. More damning evidence of Obama's true religion...

Seriously though, to you goobers that pointed out that many of the conflicts involved christians; pull your head out of the sand and realize that it's muslims persecuting christians.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I live in a muslim country that is very moderate, so it's easy for me to keep an open mind about it.

Nevertheless, I struggle with feeling like it is a cancer, that destroys wherever it goes.

But Christianity doesn't have a better track record, historically. If you wanted to have a race for which one had killed more people... wow, it would be hard to say. Between Hitler & the Inquisition alone, they probably have Islam beat.

In all of the wars of Christian history, there's only been around 5 million people killed. There has been over 150 million killed in our century due to communism. Hitler was just using the Christianity to cloak his evil. He was never a Christian.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Tell me, what did Iraq have to do with 9/11 that it was invaded, leading to so much destruction and loss of life?

In October of 2002, Senator Clinton spoke on the Senate floor about her vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq. A highlight from the speech is shown below and the full speech can be seen here.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports have shown that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapon stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-qaeda members."

given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-qaeda members

"It is clear however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the middle east, which as we know all too well affects America security."

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You couldn't put a number on how many Humans have died in the name of "GOD" fighting for Peace.
ain't that funny? because it sounds like a Joke to me.....

anyone can see Religion = Division of the human race. that saying is true to some extent..

"United we stand, divided we fall"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join