It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

with newtonian physics...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
people thought thats all there was, they had reached the height of science and the universe was explained. Then came quantum physics which takes it steps farther than what was thought to be ultimate science...there will be more steps in the future.

You dont believe that man has unlocked the keys to the universe I hope. If you do, then you're on the wrong forum, and you need to be on the amazing randy web site telling everybody how we have it all figured out and we are masters of the universe. We can't even build a shuttle that can leave earth's atmosphere without ancient solid fuel rockets, but we've teleported a light beam. What does that tell you? It tells you that there's some things we know...and those are very basic things. What we do today and know today is much ahead of what we knew in 1900, and in 2100 discoveries will have been made to make 2000 look like 1800- that's how progress goes.

Do us a favor and let us try to figure out these things, and keep your skepticism to yourself because it doesn't help us or anybody else trying to figure this stuff out. Don't impose your limitations on us because we don't acknowledge them.

If everybody thought like some of you, we would have stopped inventing and researching after we came up with fire and the weel- those were great acheivements as well, and I'm sertain some low brow cave man must have thought that he was very advanced for his time too.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
who exactly is this directed at?

I mean, I agree, there are still a lot of open questions, but it sounds to me like you are pointing at a certain group of people..

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hi guys!

Agree with both of you there!

Devil...can you be more specific?

My way of thinking is that one step back is always two steps forward...could this apply?

Get back with more details of your post!

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well for instance look at the quantum entanglement stuff. Basically its in violation of QM-theory. So the scientific community is sort of wondering what is exactly going on. Did we miss something or is the experiment in some way flawed and does it obey QM-theory? Also astronomical observations have of late been reporting some strange things. For instance some neutron-star which seemed to small for its size and supposedly consisted of very exotic particles.
Then there is the fact that gravity is being heavily studied at the moment, with most notably the suppossed measurement of the speed of gravity.
And of course also a lot of work is still underway in understanding elementary particles, especially neutrinos.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Okay...i see where your going!

Quantum Entanglement....is that when a point in time can shard off into many diffrent directions and cause diffrent timelines?

Exp: man walks into kitchen and drops knife!

1: drops knife and stabs himself in foot!

or sharding takes place and....he catches knife?

Am i making sense...i'm a nurse and don't have that much experience with quantum singularities...only what i read in New Scientist or watch Stargate i have learned!

Help?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think he is directing it to everyone, as if we don't know that classical physics is just crap for high schoolers.

Perhaps he just heard about Quantum Physics?

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenStar
Okay...i see where your going!

Quantum Entanglement....is that when a point in time can shard off into many diffrent directions and cause diffrent timelines?

Ehmm nope, it's where to particles get quantum mechanically linked through a constraint in their wavefunction. It allows in principle for non-local theory effects.

Exp: man walks into kitchen and drops knife!

1: drops knife and stabs himself in foot!

or sharding takes place and....he catches knife?

Good thinking. This is sort of how quantum theory works, there is a possibility that several things might happen, it's not sure which event is going to take place in the future. Also this way of viewing the world is also popular to circumvent the "Kill yourself in the past" paradox in time travel.

Am i making sense...i'm a nurse and don't have that much experience with quantum singularities...only what i read in New Scientist or watch Stargate i have learned!

You're making more sense to me then most people tend to do, the reading did you good!

new topics

top topics

join