It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart receipt has image of Jesus, couple says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
www.whptv.com...

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. -- An engaged couple in Anderson County says a shadowy image that turned up on a receipt from Walmart looks like the face of Jesus.

Jacob Simmons and his fiancee, Gentry Lee Sutherland, said they bought some pictures from Walmart on Sunday, June 12.

The following Wednesday, the couple had just come home from a church service when Simmons spotted the receipt on the floor of Sutherland's apartment. He says the receipt had changed.

"I was leaving the kitchen and I just looked on the floor, and it was like it was looking at me," Simmons said.

A dark gray mark on the receipt seems to show two eyes, a nose and a mouth in a thickly bearded face.

"Then the more you look at it, the more it looked like Jesus, and it was just shocking, breathtaking," Simmons said.

The couple said the image seemed to answer a question they had just been asked at church.

What an experience! God revealing his divinity on such an ordinary piece of paper.
I don't know if this is paranormal, spiritual or just wishful thinking, but now they have an item to show their kids and grand kids to marvel at.
edit on 20-7-2011 by whaaa because: sp

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think it looks more like Osama - but
Jesus draws a better crowd.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
www.whptv.com...

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. -- An engaged couple in Anderson County says a shadowy image that turned up on a receipt from Walmart looks like the face of Jesus.

Jacob Simmons and his fiancee, Gentry Lee Sutherland, said they bought some pictures from Walmart on Sunday, June 12.

The following Wednesday, the couple had just come home from a church service when Simmons spotted the receipt on the floor of Sutherland's apartment. He says the receipt had changed.

"I was leaving the kitchen and I just looked on the floor, and it was like it was looking at me," Simmons said.

A dark gray mark on the receipt seems to show two eyes, a nose and a mouth in a thickly bearded face.

"Then the more you look at it, the more it looked like Jesus, and it was just shocking, breathtaking," Simmons said.

The couple said the image seemed to answer a question they had just been asked at church.

What an experience! God revealing his divinity on such an ordinary piece of paper.
I don't know if this is paranormal, spiritual or just wishful thinking, but now they have an item to show their kids and grand kids to marvel at.
edit on 20-7-2011 by whaaa because: sp

As many times as this has been posted here, this is the first time I've actually followed the link and looked at the picture.

Good Lord, that is one ugly Jesus! Maybe it's Grizzly Adams? No, that can't be--he was much better-looking than that. Some google-eyed homeless guy, maybe? Whew! What an insult to JC....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Headline should be:

Even with our technological advancement: People are still idiots.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It looks like Osama Bin Ladin to me especially since no one knows what the suppose Jesus looked like as there is not one historical document depicting him, or describing what he looked like.

So maybe Bin Ladin was Jesus 2 and they went and killed him again for being a political dissident - again!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I will say, as skeptical as I am about anything dealing with Simulacrum or the like, it does kind of look like Jesus. Although Osama could also be a possibility.

I definitely see a face there haha. As much as I hate to admit it...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have one better for you - and "they" sent it to jokes and pranks...

ats thread

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
oh Lord.

I found Jesus in my washing machine the other day.
edit on 20-7-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Are you serious

How exactly do you know this is the big J man

Why Wal-Mart

edit on 7/20/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: darned smiley faces!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Looks like Charley Manson to me.

Why is this in the news?..........no seriously

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver
reply to post by whaaa

It looks like Osama Bin Ladin to me especially since no one knows what the suppose Jesus looked like as there is not one historical document depicting him, or describing what he looked like.

So maybe Bin Ladin was Jesus 2 and they went and killed him again for being a political dissident - again!

Looks like the Osama hoax death picture

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They obviously don't teach kids in school about Pareidolia

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This has been posted at LEAST twice here...do a search, for smurf's sake!! It takes seconds!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
They obviously don't teach kids in school about Pareidolia

You saying this is paradolia is the same as you saying your reflection in the mirror is paradolia..

Are you really that dense?

And all the anti-Christ comments here are horrendously stupid... You aren't even asking the real questions that you should be asking.. just dismissing everything with your groupie, bandwagon diatribe... huge fail

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Looks like John Lennon.
..no wait, I mean Yoko.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt
This has been posted at LEAST twice here...do a search, for smurf's sake!! It takes seconds!!!

For smurf's sake indeed! Didn't you know that similar threads can exist in different locations.
If you had seen this before why did you click on it?

If this disturbs you so much alert the mods you big *****

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hmmm....I am pretty sure this Jesus is using some man's head for his eyeball. I don't know what happened to this couple's receipt, but it looks very suspicious to me. Look at all the people I see in this receipt. Surely, I can't be the only one who sees a little girl with a white fluffy hat at the bottom of the photo. There's an elderly man with a light colored shirt on the left, and a young boy with a hat on near the old man's leg. Then I see a woman with a defined middle part in her hair and then what appears to be another woman from another era with a hat and a dress. I saw all these people before the Jesus image appeared to me. I actually see a lot of other people in this receipt, also.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2cb3724534d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-7-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
No idea how a double post happened, but I removed it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think that if a likeness of someone were to show up on a WalMart receipt, it would be Satan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join