It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume for just 1 second

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Elenin really is the extinction level event some believe it to be and all of the coincidences are really more than coincidences.

How would the governments of the world be behaving?

Would that sort of information trickle down to the media to where someone would let it slip to the public?

When does the government and their controlled media outlets tell the truth?

Most of you probably see where I'm going with this, but I just want to make it clear that I am firmly in the middle of being a believer or skeptic, I just don't know. If I had to answer my own questions I'd probably sound like a believer because we all know that the government/media NEVER has been/will be honest with the public. With their history of lies, covert operations, underground facilities and more it just seems like there's one too many coincidences for this whole story to be just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm not going to lie here, I have not been paying any attention about Elenin whatsoever, all I know is it's a comet and people have been talking about it's possible doom scenario. But why?
Where did it start and why does it have so many people's attention?
I know for a fact that if it were even 1% serious I would have been contacted about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The governments would use OUR money to dig a hole to crawl into and hope most the guns and people were wiped out when/if they emerged from under their rock.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This Elenin stuff must be the newest 'Planet-X' doomsday threat!!

These doomsday threats never end do they??

I'm still waiting for Planet-X to come, so this Elenin stuff will have to wait...

edit on 20-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You know its a good question..Because know one truly knows what the government would do in such a situation...Tell everyone and risk having anarchy, looting, and all sorts of craziness happen. People would do whatever they felt like doing since its doomsday right? Or don't tell anyone and hope for the best..Whoever the government is...whoevers place it is to decide(which it's the peoples, but lets be serious that wouldn't happen), has to think about a lot of different things. What I would like to happen is that they tell us and also have a plan for everyone..but I doubt it..=D
edit on 20-7-2011 by Authenticated because: left out something

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i feel like elenin's hype is a product of motive --- rather it be tptb distraction/disinformation or propaganda from people that profit from conspiracy theories rather online or radio shows --- if it's tptb to me that lends credibility to the idea that something really big is around the corner --- if its the former though then exspect more of the same in the future more comets more 10th and 11th planets to come --- or its completly real and then why worry your last days with the inevitable lol

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are thousands of professional astronomers and physicists in the world ... and I'm not talking about "youtube prophets" ... but real, credible, qualified people. Someone would say something. Some might not, but some would.

This too shall pass.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm so used to hearing the word doomsday on here, that when I hear the word HOPE I feel itchy.

I don't know, one day someone will get one right but it won't matter then, it doesn't matter how deep of a hole the goment digs.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why not just ask yourself... why would the elites have done 9/11 and been systematically destroying our freedoms all this time, if we're all going to die anyway? Should pretty much debunk it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Elenin really is the extinction level event some believe it to be and all of the coincidences are really more than coincidences.

How would the governments of the world be behaving?

Would that sort of information trickle down to the media to where someone would let it slip to the public?

When does the government and their controlled media outlets tell the truth?

Most of you probably see where I'm going with this, but I just want to make it clear that I am firmly in the middle of being a believer or skeptic, I just don't know. If I had to answer my own questions I'd probably sound like a believer because we all know that the government/media NEVER has been/will be honest with the public. With their history of lies, covert operations, underground facilities and more it just seems like there's one too many coincidences for this whole story to be just a coincidence.

thankyou for expressing what i have been feeling for a long time, part of me says " why havnt all the thousahnds of astromers around the earth not seen this", however what if this thing elenin is an extra dimensional object, aside from that which is my own theory. Your right in thinking that the goverment and media wouldnt tell us, im not convinced this things isnt real , and it has been denied by so many people which puts me in mind of the saying " the bigger the lie the more people will believe it"
Sorry if my grammar and syntax was out there but ive just had some russian vodka and something green so apologies il be back to my normal english maiden persona tomorrow (with a headache)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok, i know this is mad, but its something that has been bugging me for about a year now, and ive never had the guts to post this before but ive just had two double russian vodkas, Do any of you believe in different dimensions, what if this elenin thing cannot be seen because it will emerge from a different dimension. it will appear out of no where, critisise my theory all you like but ive never had the balls to say it before (btw i dont have balls)
Be nice.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

And they would be called "conspiracy theorists."

I don't believe Elenin is a real threat to anyone, but if it -- or something like it -- was in danger of smacking the earth around, there would be a news blackout punishable by death. The only warning we might get would be 2 or 3 hours, long after all the important people were tucked away in their shelters / arks or whathaveyou.

Ask yourself this: Why would they say anything? What purpose would it serve? If there was a planet-killer inbound, there would be no viable way to stop it from doing its thing, and nothing good could come from the panic disclosure would surely cause.

Besides -- anarchy makes it more difficult to organize the elite "evacuation."

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by area6

And they would be called "conspiracy theorists."

I don't believe Elenin is a real threat to anyone, but if it -- or something like it -- was in danger of smacking the earth around, there would be a news blackout punishable by death. The only warning we might get would be 2 or 3 hours, long after all the important people were tucked away in their shelters / arks or whathaveyou.

Ask yourself this: Why would they say anything? What purpose would it serve? If there was a planet-killer inbound, there would be no viable way to stop it from doing its thing, and nothing good could come from the panic disclosure would surely cause.

Besides -- anarchy makes it more difficult to organize the elite "evacuation."

Agreed, what would be the logic in telling us anything?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The odd thing about elenin is that im still a cynic on crop circles, ufo,s rapture , etc, etc, you get my meaning, but this elenin is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

You've got a pretty good imagination. May I suggest writing your idea down as a short story and publishing it in our short story section? I know a lot of people who come to grips with the things that bother them most by writing about it. Just think of all the fun things that could come through the dimensional vortex along side the comet! Imagine a life form that feeds off the brains of those who most strongly identify with "power" and seek to dominate others? Congress is tasty!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Real or not, it does not matter.

It will simply be a good target for the worlds military.

This is 2011.
I firmly believe we have the capability of destroying 'it" if "it's real and poses a threat to earth.

We humans are not real smart yet but we do have some really cool and effective toys.

Who ya gonna call? Captain America.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Ok, i know this is mad, but its something that has been bugging me for about a year now, and ive never had the guts to post this before but ive just had two double russian vodkas, Do any of you believe in different dimensions, what if this elenin thing cannot be seen because it will emerge from a different dimension. it will appear out of no where, critisise my theory all you like but ive never had the balls to say it before (btw i dont have balls)
Be nice.

You just never know these days.
I have heard that very theory, recently too. I don't think it was about Elenin though, I think it was in a video called "red devil planet". Interesting, scary theory.

I seem to go through a lot of life these days with a "what if" kind of feeling. :puz

Never say never. Things are only impossible until they happen.

***but lets hope it's impossible - although wouldn't that be cool to look up and there it is......except it could be the last thing we ever saw........

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think if you want to know the answer to this scenario all you need to do is look at less eventful situations and their results :

See what happened to the whistle blower on the phone hacking scandal? he suddenly got a terrible drinking habit out f nowhere and ended up dead... how odd is that? somehow this is a very common story. Telling the truth gets you dead..

It pays to lie (look at any government to reinforce that).. they get an abundance of benefits for being professional liars.

So in my opinion, you wouldn't hear jack about this from any Mainstream Standard "Reliable" source till it caused any potential catastrophe it could as they would be harvesting all the resources they could to preserve the elite few rich and fortunate enough to afford protection from it's outcomes.. and to hell with the rest that made this possible.

That movie 2012 was a joke at the end.. the guy that takes the microphone to say let the rest on board.. do a decent thing would have been shot dead.. there is no way In Real Life they would have let those people on board haha .. look at how they treat their own countries and those they are responsible for.. enforcing BS taxes, sending troops off to wars that put their own countries in financial disaster.. they really just wouldn't care about a bunch of strangers like that in the real world..

that is my well educated guess.. show me any example of politicians in leadership making decisions for the good of the country and all it's citizens and I will gladly change this but I would be so bold as to say even when it seems like they are making a good decision, it never ends up being one..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxCavalera

Agreed.

Out of the many...survive the few.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The interest here for me is this. Planet X/Nibiru has been a rumor for several years. There was submitted data and orbital flight paths and all that good stuff. Well, in december 2010, here we have the discovery of comet Elenin. How coincidental is it that this comet follows the exact same flight path that has been projected for planet X/Nibiru for at least 4 yrs that I know of?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join