It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Ghaddafi done wrong?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
It’s really nice of you guys to bring up Pan-Am terrorist action and judge the Col. Gaddafi for it. Tell me something…

How about the terrorist action done by the US government on Iran Air Flight 655…

Why the first one counted as terrorist attack but the second one counted as accident (no apologize received and infact the buster who done it have medal for it too).

Even double standards and lies has their own limits….!

LOL both incidents are not the same. The Iranian Air Flight F55 downing is a case of mistaken identity. The Pan-Am bombing was not and was in intentionally sponsorshiped by the Libyan Government themselves. It's what makes it a terrorist attack. Difference between terrorists is deliberately killing innocent ppl. Terrorists bombs train in London(7/7), bomb US embassy in Africa in 1998, bomb resorts in bali, and fly planes into building in USA(9/11). Basically Terrorist kill everything that agrees with them and have no tolerance for other religion at all.

Also for the medal, the medals were for completing a tour of duty, not for downing the plane as every thinks. every US Navy gets those.

They intentionally shot down a plane, but not while believing it was a civilian one. There's talk that the passengers were all dead before takeoff. Rules of Engagement DO allow for entering national waters when there is a good faith belief that they are under attack.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I'm interested how you would justify US drones killing civilians on a daily basis in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I'll guess you are going to call that accidental as well

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I'm interested how you would justify US drones killing civilians on a daily basis in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

It's interesting to the fact how you would twist up the words and try to make it like US knowledgeably like to kill civilians at daily basis. It would be like saying friendly fire incidents are terrorism too.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Originally posted by bigyin

It's interesting to the fact how you would twist up the words and try to make it like US knowledgeably like to kill civilians at daily basis. It would be like saying friendly fire incidents are terrorism too.

Well the USA has for some time now been aware that their drone attacks kill many innocent civilians and are very inaccurate and indiscriminate method of targeting supposed terrorists.

So I would say that at the start when they didn't know it may be ok to use them, but to continue using them long after they are made aware how rubbish they are is in my opinion reckless and murderous.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2011 by 412304 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have seen videos released recently of millions of people cheering and waving the green flag in support of Ghaddafi, If he really is as bad as you say and that people are literally trying to flee from the country then why has he got so many supporters?

And answer me this, why are the rebels waving a red black and green flag that belonged to the previous ruler and dictator king idis? Ill tell you why, because these rebels are supporters of Idis, they want there power back. That is the only reason they would wave that flag. Why would you wave a flag of a ruler who at the time was so hated that the whole country backed Ghaddafi to over throw him.

You do not get support in any culture for being a dictator, you are ruled by fear and people who are ruled by fear DO NOT cheer like this

This is cheering is more like the fans at a Justin Beiber Concert... Or... Obamas inaguration... You know, before he sold his soul.
My point is there is NO way possible Ghaddafi is a horrible ruler when the citizens are this ectactic by someone who doesnt even hold an official position.

Honestly ask yourself this... Do you cheer like this when your leader makes an announcement, or... do you mumble under your breath "not again...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh well. Soon, if it's not already done, Ghaddafi will enter the ATS List of Heroes along with Saddam and Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

well ok by me.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"What has Ghaddafi done wrong?" Well, according to the MSM a while ago, he was supposed to have killed his people and claimed the crash of that Lockerbie flight. Other than that, it looks like he has been in power for too long. As far as taking care of his citizens and nation better than the U.S., it looks like he did something right.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You really don't have much. The way you proclaimed Abu Salim would lead one to believe you just searched yourself to back up a claim you had already made.

Abu Salim was a debacle, but you can't pin it all on Ghaddafi as there wasn't really an investigation and the story given by the msm was one given by a single prisoner (who you can't give much credibility to). It was said that it was a conflict with rebels and that a lot of prison gaurds died aswell.

Give us a real example because I honestly don't see him as that bad. I don't live there so I don't know, but he has kept an African country together which is worth applause in itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Really? Walking out of military installation with classified documents equals complaining? Generally when new laws are made they basically demonize the crime even more. However in this circumstance it appears that they have begun to downplay the crime from THEFT of CLASSIFIED documents to "complaining". Someone must have soft spot for the guy.

Anyways...yes this is all about oil and currency. It always been about that. They've played this game a hundred times already. At least this time I can say I didn't fall for it! Plenty of other leaders doing the same thing and worse and we aren't doing anything to stop them. The US government doesn't give a crap about it's own innocent civilians much less ones from another country...
edit on 7-8-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The Chemical Weapons Convention says all chemical weapons stockpiles must be safely destroyed by April 2012.

Iraq had chemical weapons...back in the day they were our friends....did we sell/loan them those chemicals weapons to prevent a Soviet/Chinese invasion from Iran?

Iran filed a protest with the Chemical Weapons Convention over the US bombing alll the chemical weapons bunkers in Iraq.

Did we do it to save money? Would cost quite a bit to ship it back to America and safely dispose of it.

LIBYA has Chemical weapons. Did we provide those Chemical weapons to Libya to prevent a Chinese/Russian invasion? Are we again trying to save money?

Maybe destabilize Libya enough those chemical weapons get broken out? Clearly since we toppled Gadaffi he can't secure his chemical weapons bunkers.

If those chemical weapons aren't broken out and used by the rebels....will the US have to bomb those chemical weapons bunkers too, to save money?

I think that's the real reason we're in Libya. It's expensive to get rid of those chemical weapons.

The US told the Chemical Weapons Convention we won't destroy our chemical weapons by April 2012.

With so many Americans out of jobs.....you'd think we'd have the manpower to do it....so why aren't we?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

claimed the crash of that Lockerbie flight

Thats a lot of Rubbish first they blamed that on Bin laden terrorist group to and now they are blaming the attack on the Lockerbie flight on Ghaddafi even though there is no evidence that Ghaddafi or Libya played any role in the bombing.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I can see that Qaddafi was clearly being a good leader before these uprising starts, so I want to pose the question: What condemnable actions did Qaddafi take against protesters/civilians during the uprisings? I'm not talking about after the rebels took arms. Once that happened, you can't point fingers. But before that, while there were the normal protests, what proof can be given against Qaddafi?

Aside from the terrorism funding, what made Qaddafi a bad guy when it comes to civilians??

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nearlyfabled

##SNIP##

Just look at the punishments on the book for merely starting a political party, let alone opposing Gaddafi..

But as to your question, his goons opened fire on crowds across Libya, even using gunships and tanks to try to quell the trouble. This is out there for you to find for yourself and has been covered to death..

The fact you started out with "Gaddafi was clearly a good guy" and ended the paragraph with "what has he done?" leads me to believe that you are another Gaddafi fan/West hater type, so this will probably be my one and only post in reply, unless of course you are an intelligent chap.

##SNIP##

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

was this person part of ghadifi 's tribe?

Battle of Tours
Part of the Muslim conquests

Result Decisive Frankish victory

Belligerents
Carolingian Franks Umayyad Caliphate
Commanders and leaders
Charles Martel ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi †
Strength
varying estimates 15,000–20,000, although other estimates range from 30,000 to 80,000 [1] 20,000–25,000. Other estimates also range up to 80,000, with 50,000 not an uncommon estimate.[1]
Casualties and losses
1100[citation needed] 12,000, notably Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi[2]
[show]v · d · e
Islamic invasion of Gaul

Toulouse (721) – River Garonne (732) – Tours (732) – Avignon (737) – Narbonne (737) – River Berre (737) – Nîmes (737)

[show]v · d · e
Campaigns of Charles Martel

Cologne – Amblève – Vincy – Soissons – Tours – Boarn – Nîmes – Avignon – Narbonne – River Berre

The Battle of Tours (October 10, 732),[3] also called the Battle of Poitiers and in Arabic: معركة بلاط الشهداء‎ (ma‘arakat Balâṭ ash-Shuhadâ) Battle of Court of the Martyrs,[4] was fought in an area between the cities of Poitiers and Tours, located in north-central France, near the village of Moussais-la-Bataille, about 20 kilometres (12 mi) northeast of Poitiers. The location of the battle was close to the border between the Frankish realm and then-independent Aquitaine. The battle pitted Frankish and Burgundian[5][6] forces under Austrasian Mayor of the Palace Charles Martel, against an army of the Umayyad Caliphate led by ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

He didn't pay off the banking cartel. That is where he went wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Pan-am flight 103 Muammar al-Gaddafi had personally ordered the bombing.
Lockerbie is enough reason to get rid of this scum.
I do not believe it should be America's job though. This guy
was no good though the world is better without him in power
over a country.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

you are 100% correct i saw a rebel youth holding a king idrs picture and thought that was a bit odd

here you go.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Pan-am flight 103 Muammar al-Gaddafi had personally ordered the bombing. Lockerbie is enough reason to get rid of this scum.

not this lame claim again, how you know that it was libya? was it because the media told you so? secondally there is no proof that Gaddafi was behind the Pan-am flight 103.

Here read this link
Source

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join