It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers. What about THIS UFO?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I don't know if this has been posted already.

Now the question is, is it legitimate? Check it out for yourself:

www.youtube.com...

The best part is "is it legitimate?" ...then after a few seconds, Jamie Maussen's face appears on the screen. LMAO.... Maussen is a fraud promoter, yes it has been posted here many times before, and I'm not 100% sure if it has been debunked completely or not yet.

I'll have to agree. I have seen Jamie stare straight in the face of a hoax that was proven to be a hoax and he still tried to defend it to save face. I don't know how one would do this. Could be a radio controlled craft with 2 side releases, that fire off a thin cable that has auxiliary parts on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Im amazed that people keep bringing up Jamie Maussan- he didnt film it, so why bring him into it? Ah, no, I understand- its the old "I cant debunk this video easily, so I will deflect onto the reputation of someone loosely connected with it." Weak........

And to answer the question, yes, it has been posted on here once before- many, many pages of debate but no proper explanation. In that thread, the majority of debunkers went with CGI (!?), this time, its the equally ridiculous "multiple balloons on a string" theory.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Im amazed that people keep bringing up Jamie Maussan- he didnt film it, so why bring him into it?
Because he won't release the videos made by the guys who did film it. And because he edited the heck out of them, and I suspect probably cut out the parts he doesn't want us to see.

If you're defending Maussan, you apparently haven't done much research into him. Even some of the die-hard believers on ATS admit he's not legitimate.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thats some weird footage,i dont know what it is.Some new toy maybe? i have no idea,that truley is weird,but interesting.

Althought,like some posters have already brought up,i dont understand why one clip has clouds in it,but the other doesnt,that seems abit strange to me.

Hard to tell if its real or not,i wasnt there to see it for myself.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Althought,like some posters have already brought up,i dont understand why one clip has clouds in it,but the other doesnt,that seems abit strange to me.
So you've never seen a partly cloudy sky before?

Or if you have, why would you find it strange to see another one? It's not that unusual, it's very common.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

To me, it looks like helium balloons being released from black trash bags. Thus the impression of having "babies"...Then they follow wind currents like balloons would do. I would really be impressed if they went back into the bag...but what do I know...

I have no opinion on the video but s**t dude... What you just said up there is pathetic.
And you actually got stars for that. Even at a sarcastic level, you could have done better.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Got to agree with that.

Everyone that thinks these are balloons- where the hell are they coming from?

Is the main object just rapidly creating these objects inside it and shooting them out in a straight line after which they move independantly around each other? BS. I dont think so.

Balls to the balloon theory. Balls to the wind current theory. Balls to the 'there on a string theory'. And balls to its a scientific experiment. Provide one case where this kind of experiment has been acknowledged and done before.

There is more evidence for it being a UFO than anything else as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This wouldn't be very hard to do with some time and $$$. Buy 50-100 balloons, tie the "stems" together with decent string, put them all in a net, maybe a type of fishing net, anchored to the ground, then open the net with a release operated from the ground. Stagger some to make it look weird and have some yokel video the "event" with a crappy cell camera so the "details" can't be observed and viola! Its Jaime Maussan day!

Oh, and I'm not a debunker (I refuse to pay the membership fees) but very skeptical. Big big difference...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Actually, after looking again at it after not having seen it in a while, the more it looks like a cluster of balloons unwinding. The poor video makes it look like a big bag or something in the middle, but to me it could just as easily be a cluster. You see how it is not symmetrical, and how it shrinks as more balloons (tied together), string away from it. And you can also see how the last few balloons in the cluster are spun around by a few still attached and blowing in the strong wind, spinning around each other.

Again, careful editing cutting off the beginning and end of the video -- what became of all the individual balloons? -- makes it seem more "otherworldly" than it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So you've never seen a partly cloudy sky before? Or if you have, why would you find it strange to see another one? It's not that unusual, it's very common.

Lol,of course ive seen a partly cloudy sky.

I just mean that i would atleast expect some sign of clouds on the footage that has none.

You dont see any clouds at all though,but its of the same event and in the same area of sky,seems strange to me.
edit on 22-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Actually, after looking again at it after not having seen it in a while, the more it looks like a cluster of balloons unwinding. The poor video makes it look like a big bag or something in the middle, but to me it could just as easily be a cluster. You see how it is not symmetrical, and how it shrinks as more balloons (tied together), string away from it. And you can also see how the last few balloons in the cluster are spun around by a few still attached and blowing in the strong wind, spinning around each other.

Again, careful editing cutting off the beginning and end of the video -- what became of all the individual balloons? -- makes it seem more "otherworldly" than it is.

I'm really trying to have an open mind, but the more I look at this, the more I completely cannot fathom that this might be balloons. It just doesn't behave like balloons or look like balloons. I don't see the "bag" shrinking either. It looks like it's staying the same size.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
reply to post by SonoftheSun

To me, it looks like helium balloons being released from black trash bags. Thus the impression of having "babies"...Then they follow wind currents like balloons would do. I would really be impressed if they went back into the bag...but what do I know...

I have no opinion on the video but s**t dude... What you just said up there is pathetic.
And you actually got stars for that. Even at a sarcastic level, you could have done better.

Hi dude...

I never claimed to know what it was. I just gave my opinion. To me, they still look like balloons. Sorry for the stars, but since you bring it up I gave you a second one for that reply.

And what is really pathetic is to see Jaime Maussan's face at the beginning of the vid.

/sarcasm.
edit on 22-7-2011 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by SonoftheSun because: nvm.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is a genuine UFO sighting, If you notice the best footage of UFO's come from other countries especially mexico, central america, and south america. There has got to be a reason for this, im guessing it has to do with some type of treaty that was made with certin Et's and there presence over the U.S.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i think its legit

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarm
i think its legit

Care to share why? This is a discussion forum after all, not a chat room...legitimate what?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
SWEET

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If you think this is one large balloon shooting out smaller balloons, at quite a velocity in a straight line, I believe you need to get your head out of your...well you know.

This is amazing footage. I don't care if that bozo is talking about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
This is a genuine UFO sighting, If you notice the best footage of UFO's come from other countries especially mexico, central america, and south america. There has got to be a reason for this, im guessing it has to do with some type of treaty that was made with certin Et's and there presence over the U.S.

Yes there is a reason. Its the mentality of the people, even more religious and even more gullible. (This is not meant as an insult, its simply a fact).

Thats also the reason that major hoaxers like "Dr.Reed" go down to Mexico after they got proven frauds in the the states. People in southern countries are simply even more emotional and less educated, usually.

(Emotions play a HUGE rule when it comes to the UFO phenomenon)
edit on 23-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Yes there is a reason. Its the mentality of the people, even more religious and even more gullible. (This is not meant as an insult, its simply a fact).

Thats also the reason that major hoaxers like "Dr.Reed" go down to Mexico after they got proven frauds in the the states. People in southern countries are simply even more emotional and less educated, usually.

your missing the point entirely
the footage is still footage whether the people who took it are more gullible and religious than their neighbours up north. and how does their lack of education corralate with them getting better footage then people in the states?
it doesnt matter what state a persons mind is in
it doesnt matter how gullible or religous a person is
and how emotional and educated a person is
the footage is still footage. nothing changes that
your arguement is flawed and ignorant

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Originally posted by flexy123

your missing the point entirely
the footage is still footage whether the people who took it are more gullible and religious than their neighbors up north. and how does their lack of education correlate with them getting better footage then people in the states?
it doesn't matter what state a persons mind is in
it doesn't matter how gullible or religious a person is
and how emotional and educated a person is
the footage is still footage. nothing changes that
your argument is flawed and ignorant

agreed it is strange that most footage comes from there, even the government releases wild footage...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join