It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers. What about THIS UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Zorgon you mean that?

Yup... seems silly to start a new thread on this one when the other one had so much work...

And it was never solved really...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by dadgad
Zorgon you mean that?

Yup... seems silly to start a new thread on this one when the other one had so much work...

And it was never solved really...

strange ey, so this one has never been debunked? I remember a few years ago... This same movie...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Let's table the validity argument for now, since it can't REALLY be proven. My question is -- why do these UFO "strings" seem to be seen in Mexico so often? Maybe if we could figure out something about that, it would also give insights into whether the video is valid.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Completely agree with you. People WILL SAY ANYTHING just to avoid admitting its a UFO.

Makes me wonder how some UFO videos can be classed as authentic and 99% are 'debunked' so easily. Without even analysing the video. They just watch it, judge it and then everbody follows suite.

I see no reason why this UFO clip is faked other than most people think so. But i dont care what the majority think. Balloons my arse.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
strange ey, so this one has never been debunked? I remember a few years ago... This same movie...

They tried hard... with balloons, with CGI, focusing on Jamie Maussen... but in the end ...'inconclusive' though I suppose to a few skeptics ..."its just balloons" is good enough

Those same ones tend to feel the need to say "its only rock... just pareidolia" over and over again

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Grifter.be

They tried hard... with balloons, with CGI, focusing on Jamie Maussen... but in the end ...'inconclusive' though I suppose to a few skeptics ..."its just balloons" is good enough

Those same ones tend to feel the need to say "its only rock... just pareidolia" over and over again

Yes i remember that particular topic, i wonder what phage said about this one? :p
But unless its staged (balloon trick) or GCI, it is something, isn't it...
Yes, and it is indeed strange, Mexico seems to be and stay the hotspot for UFO's

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ah yes this vid, this is single-handedly the best alien presence evidence there is, apart from the Norway spiral of course (but that's not a 'UFO'). Whatever this thing is it's releasing those intelligently flying orange orbs that are caught flying about here and there, possibly even making those crop circles not made by man.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nice vid, but I don't get what's to 'debunk'. Like most UFO vids the obect is too far away to be indentifiable as from this planet or not. Debunkers are only needed when there is a close up vid of something not of this earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I can't believe the brains on some of you guys.. Balloons? Are you freaking kidding me? Are we watching the same video?! Are you perhaps autobots programmed to randomly post a reply containing the words 'balloons' of in every topic regarding UFOs?

In all my years of research I have found this set of video's to be of the most compelling evidence that something is up. And it isn't of human origin.

I'll come straight to the point. Recently I have developed an (amateur) theory of why these spheres seem to come out of nowhere. Sure it looks like they originate from the main sphere, but one look at the video tells you they cannot all be in there in physical space (as we know it).

If you watch this video, and you may already have, you become familiar with the idea of a simple 2D world, where nothing exists beyond 2 dimensions, at least for the inhabitants of that 2D world. When Dr. Quantum, a 3D character living in a 3D world just like us, intrudes in this 2D world with his finger, panic ensues in the 2D world. (Around 1:30 in the video)

Because they do not have the 3D picture of what is going on, for them the intrusion seems to pop out of friggin nowhere! First there was nothing, then all of the sudden byeeam! an intrusion. And what does a 3D intrusion into a 2D world look like for the 2D inhabitants? Like a line. Maybe a squiggly one with some depth on the sides (because the finger is round), but a line still. Since they have only two dimensions.

So this got me thinking. Or maybe I picked it up in a documentary subconsciously and I now think it's my own theory..... Whatever the case, here's the question: what would a 4D intrusion into our 3D world look like, when one bears in mind that a 3D intrusion into a 2D world will result in a (imperfect) line?

Well I think a sphere is a pretty logical answer! And I have seen dozens of video's of spheres just popping up out of nowhere. Even in some official NASA video's, spheres can be seen doing this.

So can the UFO sphere phenomenon and also the so called flotilla's (?) be explained by higher dimensional entities intruding into our 3D world? For now I think this theory is pretty solid. Of course I'm ready to be proven wrong

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

Notice how quiet the debunkers are on this one?
It is old news but its one of the best ufo vids ever recorded.
i always thought these things look more like organic life rather than flying machines!.Hey there is very wierd looking life forms swarming around in our deepest oceans, why not in the upper atmoshphere? whats so hard to belive about that?

like the tether incident, there just organisms that just happen to live up there. they dont have to be intelligent!
Is a jellyfish intelligent? Not really it just exists and reacts.

All the best

Elvis
Thankyouverymuch

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Very interesting video- I hadnt actually seen the other thread (although Im going to read it now). Cant believe some of the comments from the de-bunking crowd- balloons (really?!! Is that the best you can come up with?), or "yawn, this is old" (what is it then? Or if its SO boring, why dont you go and read/comment on something else?), or even deflecting onto Jamie Maussan- like he filmed it or something? Just goes to show how thin the arguments are becoming.

What I find most interesting is the fact that, no matter how many spheres are being ejected, the original object stays the same size- so, somehow, this 'balloon' is holding all these other 'balloons' inside it, then instantly blowing them up as it ejects them? Also, the ejected spheres interact with each other. If it is some kind of hoax, then it is an extremly clever one. I find CGI unlikely, too. Im not saying its impossible, but it would take a very large amount of time and effort for no forseeable gain. You would have to 3D model all the separate spheres, animate them, chroma key them into a live back ground, then motion track them (and there is a great deal of camera movement). Why go to all that effort just to hand them into a TV program for little if any money? Im not buying it. I understand in this day and age, all video evidence has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I think these stand a good chance of being genuine.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
To me, it looks like helium balloons being released from black trash bags. Thus the impression of having "babies"...Then they follow wind currents like balloons would do. I would really be impressed if they went back into the bag...but what do I know...

Unidentified Flying Objects.

No aliens + Unidentified + Jaime Maussan = Extraordinary Extra Terrestrial Phenomena.
That's absolutely what it looks like, except the "trash bag" only looks black from the backlit view, it's actually yellow.

The smaller balloons are yanked out on a string and just flow in the turbulence of the jetwash. People who think balloons can't do that haven't seen many balloons in windy or turbulent conditions with planes flying by.

And the most laughable claim of all is that they are "intelligent". That's the most haphazard lack of any organization, direction or intelligence I've ever seen, unless the tiny little creatures flying the balloons are so drunk they have no idea what they are doing.

And yes it's already been beaten to death in the other thread Zorgon posted the link to. It's really a Rorshach test. If you really think this is anything other than balloons on a string being yanked out of a trash bag, you WANT TO BELIEVE a little too hard.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
Ah yes this vid, this is single-handedly the best alien presence evidence there is, apart from the Norway spiral of course (but that's not a 'UFO'). Whatever this thing is it's releasing those intelligently flying orange orbs that are caught flying about here and there, possibly even making those crop circles not made by man.

To all the believers, here is it from a "sceptic" point of view.

And as a side-note, the Norwegian "spiral" UFO (AFAIK) has been debunked as a viral ad campaign.

YOUR MISTAKE:

"Alien Presence"

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
To me, it looks like helium balloons being released from black trash bags. Thus the impression of having "babies"...Then they follow wind currents like balloons would do. I would really be impressed if they went back into the bag...but what do I know...

Unidentified Flying Objects.

No aliens + Unidentified + Jaime Maussan = Extraordinary Extra Terrestrial Phenomena.
That's absolutely what it looks like, except the "trash bag" only looks black from the backlit view, it's actually yellow.

The smaller balloons are yanked out on a string and just flow in the turbulence of the jetwash. People who think balloons can't do that haven't seen many balloons in windy or turbulent conditions with planes flying by.

And the most laughable claim of all is that they are "intelligent". That's the most haphazard lack of any organization, direction or intelligence I've ever seen, unless the tiny little creatures flying the balloons are so drunk they have no idea what they are doing.

And yes it's already been beaten to death in the other thread Zorgon posted the link to. It's really a Rorshach test. If you really think this is anything other than balloons on a string being yanked out of a trash bag, you WANT TO BELIEVE a little too hard.

Well, I have to admit, I never seen multiple balloons being released from a 'trash bag', but if I had, I would have expected the bag to have got smaller/changed shape as the large number of 'balloons' were released. And then to say "they follow wind currents like balloons would do"- well, they go in two different directions- I would at least expect them to rise- not line up horizontally
Oh, I forgot, they were just 'flowing' " in the turbulence of the jetwash."

Oh well, if in doubt, try and undermine the credibility of someone involved- except Jamie Maussan didnt make this video.......

"Rorshach test" test you say? I see no ink blots here- guess I must just "WANT TO BELIEVE"(stop shouting) too much!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
*) Then there is another segment showing orbs "dancing"....but this does NOT look like part of the same footage to me, in fact the "dancing" orbs look like reflections or fakes...and just "added" to the first footage. The orbs in this footage look different to what you see in the first footage. I don't think those two events are related.
The "segments" you refer to are part of the Maussan problem.

I have reason to believe both videos are edited so that we see only what he wants us to see. But I suspect they are part of the same event. Did you notice the plane fly by? Do you know what happens when a plane flies by? This video will give you a pretty good idea:

NASA Airliner Wing Vortice Tests

Put some balloons in with that smoke and they will "dance".

I suspect the dancing results from turbulence from the passing jet. At least Maussan didn't cut out the part showing the passing jet, but he didn't have to, because a lot of believers don't know or don't care what happens when a jet flies by, and would rather make claims the balloons are "intelligently controlled".

reply to post by Thunda

Fine, after the balloons are pulled out on a string, they are piloted haphazardly by a bunch of tiny drunk aliens, if that's what makes you happy.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Sorry pal- too many uninformed opinions for me to deal with in one lunch break- I would like you to point me to the evidence of the Norway spiral being "viral ad campaign".

Also,"The point is there IS a possible, logical explanation and unless DISPROVEN a "UFO" theory cannot be accepted. Simple as that. "- oh well, if its that simple..........gosh, Im embarrassed- guess that the whole UFO question wrapped up then!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

"Fine, after the balloons are pulled out on a string, they are piloted haphazardly by a bunch of tiny drunk aliens, if that's what makes you happy."

No, what makes me happy is addressing the OP's question with informed debate, not spouting trite comedic opinions, but hey, Its not gonna be my day is it

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by flexy123
*) Then there is another segment showing orbs "dancing"....but this does NOT look like part of the same footage to me, in fact the "dancing" orbs look like reflections or fakes...and just "added" to the first footage. The orbs in this footage look different to what you see in the first footage. I don't think those two events are related.
The "segments" you refer to are part of the Maussan problem.

I have reason to believe both videos are edited so that we see only what he wants us to see. But I suspect they are part of the same event. Did you notice the plane fly by? Do you know what happens when a plane flies by?

I agree, but your "plane flies by" is another logical mistake

In fact, we do NOT see a plane fly by. We see a cut in the scene, and then a NEW SCENE, a very lengthy camera pan....and then (zoomed in) a plane "somewhere on the sky".

Obviously, there is no "orb" or whatever present in the scene with the plane...nor any indication/proof that the plane was actually part of the same event, time, location etc.

edit on 21-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by flexy123

Sorry pal- too many uninformed opinions for me to deal with in one lunch break- I would like you to point me to the evidence of the Norway spiral being "viral ad campaign".

Also,"The point is there IS a possible, logical explanation and unless DISPROVEN a "UFO" theory cannot be accepted. Simple as that. "- oh well, if its that simple..........gosh, Im embarrassed- guess that the whole UFO question wrapped up then!

no, not the whole. But about 98% of all so called "sightings".
edit on 21-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here we go again with the balloon theory. God can you munters not come up with anything more original.
What a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join