It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to remote voiewers and those who astral travel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I reread your original post and deleted my answer, although you have it through pm.

Sorry about that.....

edit on 21-7-2011 by Darkblade71 because: reread post...lol

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If people do want to start posting guesses you're welcomed to do so.. I will just summarize them up tonight in a single post right before I hand over the information needed to extract the image in the archive.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I reread your original post and deleted my answer, although you have it through pm.

Sorry about that.....

edit on 21-7-2011 by Darkblade71 because: reread post...lol

Quite alright - see my last post

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Coolio....

Color red

the number is 3

I see a circle with a triangle

Interesting test, can't wait to see what the results are. Fun!

I originally IM's my answer, but seeing as I don't care if I am right or wrong, well, it would be cool if I was right

There's my answer. I have not done one of these remote viewing tests on ATS in quite some time, and I always thought they were interesting as I have a very deep interest in the 6th sense personally.

However, things like this are for entertainment only lol, one should never take themselves to seriously.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hell, I might as well play.

I see a figure 8 on it's side (the name of that symbol is escaping me at this time). I see a 1 written inside one circle (the left) and a 2 written inside the other circle (the right). I see this symbol and number(s) drawn on a piece of dark green drawing paper.

The rest is fuzzy.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've gotten lots of anonymous attempts sent to me and those people, while choosing to stay out of the public eye, usually sound pretty confident in their attempt and remain very descriptive.

And this makes me chuckle. It's the Internet. Are they worried about their ATS cred or something?
There are no END to spiritual gurus with wild claims on this website, but when it comes time to test their claims...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I am new to ATS. I just signed up today. I saw your post and could not resist a challenge. I have downloaded the password protected file and will begin my viewing................ Caretaker2

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caretaker2

I am new to ATS. I just signed up today. I saw your post and could not resist a challenge. I have downloaded the password protected file and will begin my viewing................ Caretaker2

Welcome to ATS!

I look forward to your attempt

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Here is my guess. I see a square which is a blue/green colour. The number appears to a light grey or white colour in a smaller letterbox shape in the lower centre/lower right of the main shape. The number is 7073. I am also seeing some red and green flashing dots or pixels over the entire figure. Right or wrong it was still fun. Caretaker2

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart
Ah, the great challenges of the lazy skeptics. "Prove it to me," they say but they are never up to the challenge of learning the techniques for themselves. Any one who is fairly advanced would not waste their time or energy trying to prove something to someone. Energy and intent are too precious to waste on something showy like this.

A show off is not likely to be successful because the intention or vibration set up would be a shallow dip into spirit. Why not take the challenge of diving into the deep end yourself?
edit on 21-7-2011 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

It's nothing to do with lazy, it's merely about testing.. You take advantage of all the benefits that science has provided you with the light you use at night, the electricity you consume through out the day, the very computer you're on to respond, the internet through which you send your response.. Science is a very powerful tool, and I would imagine Remote Viewing and Astral Projection to also be very wonderful things.. but before anything such as that can even begin to be understood, it has to first be demonstrated in a controlled situation..

It has nothing to do with showing off, and I am sorry but I look on things like that as a weak excuse by those that fantasize about having the gift but really don't.. those same people post in forums and tell amazing tales about all of the things they've experienced which is showing off just the same.. they'll tell you all about what they did but refuse to give any evidence of it .. and the refusals tend to be the one you mentioned, not wanting to show off.. perhaps they are having a bad day and can't concentrate, or their gift only works on the the second tuesday of every third month.. and only if the moon is full that day.. My position here is lets put an end silliness and conduct a fair test.. I mentioned above that after this is concluded, we should discuss how to improve on the idea.. was it too strict? some say I gave away too much information ..

I have received some guesses in my private messages by people who don't wish to be mentioned in the forum, that is also allowed.. but of course if one of those people happens to get it right it doesn't do much because nobody will know about it.. except me and the person who guessed of course, and none of this is about someone's word, it's about evidence.

This topic has been studied for centuries by mystics and occultists and there is a ton of evidence out there already. I find the "weak excuse" is by the "scientists" who do not want to use their own instrument for the experiment.

I look at the proof like this. One cannot capture sunlight in their pocket or in a jar in order to give it to you at a later date. To know sunlight you have to see it and feel it for yourself. The abilities of the higher senses, (like sunlight) are there for everyone to see and feel. There is nothing "special" about it, it is a part of your human nature and your right as a human to know and do these things, you just have to learn how.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak.
edit on 21-7-2011 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

This topic has been studied for centuries by mystics and occultists and there is a ton of evidence out there already. I find the "weak excuse" is by the "scientists" who do not want to use their own instrument for the experiment.

Mystics and Occultists do not equate to science, I think they are predisposed to believe it anyway without tangeable evidence. I'm not sure what you mean by science not wishing to use their own instrument for the experiment.. care to elaborate on what you're talking about? I'm also interested in any legitimate examples of study or evidence in support of the phenomena.. I think that's the whole point here.. you state that there is a ton of it, so please start citing some good examples if you don't mind..

I look at the proof like this. One cannot capture sunlight in their pocket or in a jar in order to give it to you at a later date. To know sunlight you have to see it and feel it for yourself. The abilities of the higher senses, (like sunlight) are there for everyone to see and feel. There is nothing "special" about it, it is a part of your human nature and your right as a human to know and do these things, you just have to learn how.

First of all, sunlight is observable whether it be by your eyes, or the heat against your skin. It can be measured in many ways ( Heat, luminosity .. etc ) .. it's existence is not in debate BECAUSE it is verifiable.. What I'm looking to do is take this phenomena out of the realm of quackery and allow it to also be verifiable.. All your post has achieved in doing is excusing it in advance for not succeeding, and that's not acceptable.

It remains that if the gift is legitimate then it can certainly be verified in some fashion..

edit on 21-7-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
sure, I'll make a guess.

drawn on dark green paper
a leaf type image - marijuana leaf?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffongargoyle

I will give you the dignity of a response since it is clear that you have put some thought into the challenge.

I must pass. I see no benefit from frightening you or anyone else.

Instead, challenge yourself and learn the method. Then you will see it for yourself.

"When you understand the way, you see it in all things."

I'm delayed in my response, I only noticed this as I was skimming back through posts to try to sum up the various guesses.. but this is precisely the sort of thing I expected .. You choose to bow out as not to frighten us, I'm sorry but that is quite a weak excuse to not participate.. You can't demonstrate because you'll frighten us, but it's ok for us to do it on our own.. that makes absolutely no sense at all.. I challenge you to participate, or just admit you lack confidence in your own claim.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just as an update.. I am keeping a running summary of all the posted attempts, interestingly those who officially accepted the challenge have not provided their guesses yet:

xawesomepants
yourmaker
booyakasha

Once I hear from those three ( please provide your responses at any time ) .. I will then sum up the responses in a single post along with the passwords to the archive.. I will also embed the image in the post for the lazy ones who don't want to hassle with the encrypted archive.. I still encourage you to download it and have it on hand however so that you will see I've not changed it out.

If I hear from the three above before 8:10pm EST I will conclude the test early and we can start preparing a second adjusted test in the remote viewing forum which might be a better suited location.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Mystics and Occultists do not equate to science, I think they are predisposed to believe it anyway without tangeable evidence. I'm not sure what you mean by science not wishing to use their own instrument for the experiment.. care to elaborate on what you're talking about? I'm also interested in any legitimate examples of study or evidence in support of the phenomena.. I think that's the whole point here.. you state that there is a ton of it, so please start citing some good examples if you don't mind..

First of all, sunlight is observable whether it be by your eyes, or the heat against your skin. It can be measured in many ways ( Heat, luminosity .. etc ) .. it's existence is not in debate BECAUSE it is verifiable.. What I'm looking to do is take this phenomena out of the realm of quackery and allow it to also be verifiable.. All your post has achieved in doing is excusing it in advance for not succeeding, and that's not acceptable.

It remains that if the gift is legitimate then it can certainly be verified in some fashion..

edit on 21-7-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

What you think about occultists and mystics predisposes you and colors your own ability to believe or understand the science. Just because you "think" a certain way about them does not mean that you are right or accurate and therefore immediately clouds your judgment on the issue. The arcane sciences whether you believe them to be science or not is irrelevant as you already have an ego issue based on opinion and not your own study of the matter.

The inner sunlight is observable by everyone too unfortunately for most people this heat and luminosity is clouded by illusion and ego and the general mundane life that we were born into. This is only "quackery" to those who refuse to clear out those clouds of illusion for themselves.

It takes a great deal of work to use your "instrument" to get results. Your "instrument" being, your heart, mind and inner senses. You may not see results for six months maybe a year it depends on the person. Perhaps you'll get results in a few days, but it is something you have to stick with as any good scientist does. Some scientists spend decades on just one study.

These experiences are VERIFIABLE too you just need to do the work and verify for yourself.

As far as examples go, I will not do your research for you but here are some books and libraries you can investigate,

books.google.com...

darkbooks.org...

You can also check out Robert Monroe's writings. He is a renowned scientist of these experiences and the C.I.A found him legit enough to work with him for 25 years creating programs and sciences in these fields.

www.amazon.com...

www.monroeinstitute.org...

Here is an interesting forum too... www.astralpulse.com...

As far what is and isn't acceptable, it doesn't bother me one bit that I don't fit into your box of science. What is unacceptable is that you want to see results without doing the work. The only ones who debate the possibility of this are those that don't try to experience it. All others who try and achieve this "gift" as you put it never question it again once it is observed.

As far as this being an excuse for not succeeding at your experiment, I'm sorry I have to laugh at that nonsense. When it comes to this topic you have no idea what success is. It isn't a "gift" it is your right as a human being to know the full limits and possibilities of yourself. The only gift is life itself, how deeply you investigate that life is up to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Wow! I was thinking the same thing! I wasn't going to participate, as I thought the OP had less than honorable intentions and the rules were messed up. The first thing that popped into my head, as I read the OP was red circle 12! Didn't bother with RVing or Astral projection, just intuition. I was going to wait for him to release the information (I wasn't going to mess with downloading, encryption and what not though, just to make OP happy) to verify, till I read your post saying the same thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

I'm familiar with Robert Monroe and his work with the CIA, his work with them had nothing to do with remote viewing or astral projection.. it has to do with hemisync which is another topic all together.. altered consciousness via binaural beats .. the effect is using audio to adjust your brainwaves.. there's nothing unusual or mystic about it.. the technique is used quite often in music to induce calm, or even anxiety .. completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but infinitely interesting to me as a musician.. ( I've used the process myself ) ..

Indeed this technique can be used to simulate all sorts of unusual sensations.. ..

As for the rest.. evidence is evidence, verifiable is not a loose term.. Today's experiment is quite simple and to the point.. Success means meeting the specified objectives.. you're not forced to participate, and infact I will not be deciding what is a successful guess or not.. I'm merely facilitating the process and providing the results .. I'll let the forum members decide... but the bottom line is this.. if someone tells me they can fly, they should be prepared to demonstrate that or stop making such claims..
just because they can dream about flying doesn't mean they have flown.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Let me add also, I'm not trying to disrespect you or your thread or its participants. I understand what you're trying to do, it is worthy, it's just that it has been done before. I believe the C.I.A did tests to see if thought traveled through water by having the person drawing an image on a submarine.

It's just time to move on and do the work on getting to source. All other abilities are secondary to that.

just saw your last post so I`ll edit to add again.

Monroe did do OBE work, the Hemi-Synch stuff was part of the out come of their studies in the science of inducing these states. Hemi-Synch is great by the way it aids in meditation and you can get to some very deep states of consciousness.

If I come out of no where and say I can fly then yes I'd have to prove it. If someone asks if I can fly and I say yes let me show you how, that's quite different. You'd have to go on the hypothesis that it is now possible.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Wow! I was thinking the same thing! I wasn't going to participate, as I thought the OP had less than honorable intentions and the rules were messed up. The first thing that popped into my head, as I read the OP was red circle 12! Didn't bother with RVing or Astral projection, just intuition. I was going to wait for him to release the information (I wasn't going to mess with downloading, encryption and what not though, just to make OP happy) to verify, till I read your post saying the same thing.

My intentions are honorable, I've stuck to the rules and made every effort to ensure there can be no cheating.. I've made the expections very clear.. you don't have to participate, but I am glad you quoted mikesk8s247 because otherwise I'd have missed his guess even though he really wasn't to post his guess so early on.. but since I'd already posted the zip file at that point, there's no harm.

so I'm going to assume you're both going with the red, circle, 12 guess? ...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Let me add also, I'm not trying to disrespect you or your thread or its participants. I understand what you're trying to do, it is worthy, it's just that it has been done before. I believe the C.I.A did tests to see if thought traveled through water by having the person drawing an image on a submarine.

It's just time to move on and do the work on getting to source. All other abilities are secondary to that.

I mean no disrespect either, but I refuse the notion that we've proven it and now it's time to get to the source.. I'm fully aware of CIA interest in this, actually the military has been interested in this and many other things for quite some time.. many of those who were involved in the testing have spoken out, however the military dropped the project because it lacked successes... I'm aware of not one single published test where it's been conclusively shown to be verified .. in fact any successes fell well within the range of chance as to be expected by making random guesses.. there hasn't been any successful experiments.. and if there is they are locked up tight in a vault somewhere..

That means that the tests need to be outside of the government.. I'm outside of the government, for me and many others.. we're still at step one here, verification.. I genuinely believe a lot of people truly feel that they can do this.. but I also genuinely believe that this is wishful thinking, seeing what they want to see and believing what they want to believe.. a phenomena that happens all the time unfortunately.. if someone is convinced of something then it's often true to them.. sort of the mental placebo effect.. well the purpose here is to get beyond that..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join