It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Issues New Terror Threat To Infrastructure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

DHS Issues New Terror Threat To Infrastructure

abcnews.go.com

A new intelligence report from the Department of Homeland Security issued Tuesday, titled Insider Threat to Utilities, warns "violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.

"violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.

That seems to be stating unequivocably that DHS knows about something, knows who is doing it, and knows how they intend to carry it out. Then why the heck is no one being arrested? Why are they telling us? And what is the real agenda here?

edit on 20-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

I find it odd that they start the article off with this piece of information but then later on in the same article play it down by saying there is no actual intelligence of an imminent attack. In my personal opinion there's either something fishy going on OR this is just another fear mongering tactic, either way it disturbs me in a way.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

That seems to be stating unequivocably that DHS knows about something, knows who is doing it, and knows how they intend to carry it out. Then why the heck is no one being arrested? Why are they telling us? And what is the real agenda here?

Why would they foil their own plan?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I am getting tired of the bot that cries "Wolf! all the time. It doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the threat. But if you wargame every scenario and then make it public The public overall will start to ignore the threat, even though it may be very real.

This is also right out of Nazi Germany. Inform on your neighbor, for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You know guys transfer stations, cell towers are kept cool, in heat like this there will be some kind of malfunctions of some sort with AC units especially in cell towers. These old transformers from the early 1960's are still in service, I'm sure more than a few hundred will fail in this heat across the country this summer, and they will blame some group fro it. ('
')

This appears to be some scare tactic , to keep the cash flowing for d-h-s expansion. It would be hard to take a power company off line, not to mention all grids are segmented now with transfer stations and remote generation stations, all of which have back up generators, but you wont know which one. The point is you would have to know the complete layout of large grid from state to state, they are all built different. Another way of putting it. It would be like a shell game to take down an entire state or city grid. I wont explain it in detail, but you get the picture. This statement by the d-h-s of terrorists working with employees. No I don't buy it because no one employee, let alone 5 or 20 employees together knows the entire layout for many reasons. Sure you could take down some towers , but then the remote switch kick in transferring power from another state to keep the grid up and running. This is just way to complex an operation for a terrorist group.

"There are a lot of very sensitive facilities where someone can get a job on the inside, get access to a control room, flip a switch, which causes an electric power grid to short circuit, causes a pipeline to explode," Clarke said.

It's not that easy, nor are grids set up like that. "A Power grid to short circuit? Where does Clarke live in cave? and where does this pipe line stuff come it ? I wonder if Clarke even knows how wire a electrical outlet?
Oh, I see Clarke is a ABC News consultant. That explains that statement. This has to be the most misinformation I have ever read.

Yeah, d-h-s will throw out the NY story soon as always. The grid has changed since then were not in the dark ages. Today you can dock few large freighters an use their generators to power half a city in the center of the country using transfer stations to deliver the current, cool stuff huh.

Seems d-h-s and Clarke would like you to believe that all power comes from one generating point. Also, whatever happened to china hacking some power station computers, read that some place on ATS.

In the first Simultaneous it was a selling point to upgrade the electrical grid. It never believed though. Yet, many power companies in the US have done many upgrades already with out gov help or stimulus. It's called capitalism. we are not a 3rd world electrical system, most likely the best in the world despite some of the 1960's transformers.

If you guys are worried get a couple 10KW generators to power your entire home. just don't back feed the line-side power.

edit on 21-7-2011 by SJE98 because: Quote

edit on 21-7-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
The DHS and TSA are both useless wastes of money and effort.

Neither one could prevent a terrorist attack nor deal with one if it occurred.

Besides, didn't they get the memo?

We won, already.

The point of the War on Terror was to get Osama bin Laden and to destroy his organization.

He's dead and we've taken out # 2,3,4,5, and 6 underlings several times over, so what's left is nothing but impotent wannabes.

Quit trying to scare me with terrorists, I wasn't afraid of them in the first place, and am certainly not afraid of them now.

When was the last one we had?

Perhaps they have prevented some?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

TexNot buying it that it's anyone else but the DHS threatening and getting ready to deliver a 'terrorist' attack as per their warning of what would happen if they don't get the debt ceiling raised. I don't believe in coincidence when it comes to the DHS. They would do anything to keep Americans in fear in order to give them whatever they demand.t

No kidding......

If nothing else, this should raise some eyebrows within the U.S. population about the effectiveness of our government against all these alleged "terrorists." I mean, TSA is taking naked x-rays of travelers and groping us, yet somehow terrorists have obtained "insider" positions in the U.S.

Laughable.

Stellar job, there, DHS.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Where did you read that; Re-balance the grid ? and restructure it. ('
')
Where is all this BS coming from ?

link   
In reading between the lines with a lot of these security releases, have you watch congress in action lately? It does look like the terrorists are in the power grid alright.

link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
"violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.

BUT... read this...

While DHS has no specific, credible intelligence of an imminent threat posed to the private sector utilities, several recent incidents highlight the on-going threat to infrastructure in the utility sectors from insiders and outsiders seeking facility-specific information that might be exploited in an attack.

There you have it in plain English: no specific, credible intelligence of an imminent threat

Then they're clever to try to substantiate their story with the word (so often used here on ATS too): "might"

Might might might might might. If we couldn't ignore every damn possible thing that could happen, we'd drive ourselves bonkers.

That's exactly what they want to maintain - a persistent level of "umm maybe"-type threats.

To hell with you DHS and HLS and any other organization that mostly amounts to a bunch of people getting paid top dollar to file papers and type up trash like this!
edit on 21-7-2011 by daynight42 because: changed from "quote" to "external content" for second content

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

To hell with you DHS and HLS and any other organization that mostly amounts to a bunch of people getting paid top dollar to file papers and type up trash like this!

Perfectly stated...

A standing "O" for you.....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Power Grid Change May Disrupt Clocks
I don't know that this is the article that the other poster was referring to, but it sounds like what they are talking about. The plan is an experiment with the nation's power grid that is claimed would save money and make the power supply more reliable.

Hopefully this helps, if it is the correct article. If not, sorry to distract from the thread.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

The NERC. First the Nerc is A reliability & standards company. other wise they make rules in the power industry for power companies. Some what like the NEC, The NEC is for the building industry, I see here there messing with the 60Hz frequency. This will have implications across the board and will cost consumers. Anytime the NEC or NERC make changes in code , there is a price to pay by the consumers. changing the frequency to multi-frequency is a reach for the NERC and I do mean a reach, If they require the nations power company to make these changes it will show up in your bill, but not only your bill you might have buy new electronics such TV's to dryers and washer. the equipment in home now all run at 60Hz. they will not run on another frequency without having problems of some sort. See where I'm going with this. I hope this test fails, it really does not have that much to do with balancing a power grid. you cant bend th rules of physics.

Now the last code changes by the NEC cost new home buyer $4000.00 more to buy a new home.

This stuff is alway kind of sinister.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Sabotage by an insider at a major utility facility, including a chemical or oil refinery, could provide al Qaeda with its best opportunity for the kind of massive Sept. 11 anniversary attack Osama bin Laden was planning, according to U.S. officials.

sounds to me like the gears are a turn'n in the DHS/Industrial complex !

All of a sudden we are told that "insiders" are now part of the network to destroy infrastructures !

A new intelligence report from the Department of Homeland Security issued Tuesday, titled Insider Threat to Utilities, warns "violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.

"Based on the reliable reporting of previous incidents, we have high confidence in our judgment that insiders and their actions pose a significant threat to the infrastructure and information systems of U.S. facilities," the bulletin reads in part. "Past events and reporting also provide high confidence in our judgment that insider information on sites, infrastructure, networks, and personnel is valuable to our adversaries and may increase the impact of any attack on the utilities infrastructure."

Past events ?
Previous incidents ?

Is this step 2 of the Bin Laden saga ?

It looks like Al-Quida is being focused upon.

and listen to this one...

U.S. officials were stunned last year in Yemen with the arrest of an alleged American recruit to al Qaeda, Sharif Mobley, of New Jersey, who had been employed as five different U.S. nuclear power plants in and around Pennsylvania after successfully passing federal background checks.

looks like they need some more hunger-monger contractors to solve the problems !

I smell False Flag......just who's flag is still unknown.

I am Taking This Plant Hostage .. (link)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdvantageIm native american and get called an arab and in not so polite terms... I better go get a T shirt that says " Im brown, but not a middle easterner or terrorist... please dont place me in an interment camp!"

You'd be better off dressing in some kind of gaudy stereotypical native american attire, if you are actually worried about something happening.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Pay attention and take note......from this point forward if anything occurs it means that the Gov has pulled off another great magic trick. I mean come on now, consider the steps that one would need to take to infiltrate such positions....I mean really?

Difficult at best, I imagine it would be, but easy? Nope.

This is just another chess piece being moved accross the board to further a agenda set forth by those that would tighten their grip on our freedom.

America is run by pimps and ho's, this is just a tactic to set the mood so they will have something to explain the improbable later on down the road.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It is a scary prospect either way.

And in the end isn't that both sides agenda?

If there is money to be made you can be sure that any attack is homegrown.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It's more of the usual DHS bullcrappitydooschmidt . . . how convenient of them to come out right about the same time the US government is threatening gazillions of dollars of budget cuts to balance the unbalancable budget . . . if you see the DHS budget pinched, shortly thereafter there'll be some sort of 'incident' then a whole lot of 'toldjaso' going on.

Hooey . . . complete utter pasture-fed hooey, I say.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'd like some funding to support my efforts to protect us all from dragons.

Obviously I'm doing a great job because no dtagon has attacked successfully on my watch.

If only ypu knew how mamy dragon attacks I've prevented, you be sooo grateful.
edit on 21-7-2011 by apacheman because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join