It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Issues New Terror Threat To Infrastructure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

A new intelligence report from the Department of Homeland Security issued Tuesday, titled Insider Threat to Utilities, warns "violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Damn, this is crazy if true. There's always been speculation about terrorists wreaking havoc through the power grid but this article basically says they've already got their way in and are just waiting for the right time. Could this be another set-up for a false flag that everyone's been talking about or a genuine article? Pretty interesting read nonetheless.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I take that to mean they are aware that everyone is fed up with how things are going and some will start to take matters into their own hands, even people who seem to be working for them or for themselves. I'm sure this is precautionary and to raise suspicion with the people we work with and see everyday. You know, get the people ready to start telling on people working secretly on anti-government activities, and there are many.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Not buying it that it's anyone else but the DHS threatening and getting ready to deliver a 'terrorist' attack as per their warning of what would happen if they don't get the debt ceiling raised.

I don't believe in coincidence when it comes to the DHS. They would do anything to keep Americans in fear in order to give them whatever they demand.

I made this comment here and I stand by it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This would be the exact meaning of 'Domestic Terrorism' IMO. The DHS threatening American Citizens if they don't get what they want by instilling fear to push their personal agenda. That's Terrorism. "Homeland Security Behind False Flag Terrorist Attack on American Soil"...will be the next freedom cry to get buried along with 9/11.

edit on 20-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Life can be very ironic, I just watched The China Syndrome for the first time yesterday!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If in the heat we are experiencing here someone fools around and breaks the grid... and DHS says its the scary terrorists.. a hell of a lot of really angry sweaty people will be hunting the browns.
Hell, Im native american and get called an arab and in not so polite terms... I better go get a T shirt that says " Im brown, but not a middle easterner or terrorist... please dont place me in an interment camp!"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What if they have infiltrated the staff at any US nuclear power facilities and are planning sabotage and an external attack?

Would be slightly more worrisome than a mere power outage eh?
edit on 20-7-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now we can check our daily terrorscope alongside our daily horoscope. When does the app come out?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
How odd this comes up after the post a couple days ago about them wanting to rebalence the grid., or try to restructure it. Im very tired at moment but I know there is a thread around here about it somewhere very recent. I guess they forget we can read and actually remember things on occasion.... Things that make you go hmmmm

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
the DHS, along with all other government agencies just want to keep us in the dark, and feed us a lot of BS

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
Now we can check our daily terrorscope alongside our daily horoscope. When does the app come out?

Already online:

www.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The DHS and TSA are both useless wastes of money and effort.

Neither one could prevent a terrorist attack nor deal with one if it occurred.

Besides, didn't they get the memo?

We won, already.

The point of the War on Terror was to get Osama bin Laden and to destroy his organization.

He's dead and we've taken out # 2,3,4,5, and 6 underlings several times over, so what's left is nothing but impotent wannabes.

Quit trying to scare me with terrorists, I wasn't afraid of them in the first place, and am certainly not afraid of them now.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by dl2one

Already online:

www.globalincidentmap.com...

I guess I'm in a cave, next to Osama hehe. thx for pointing that one out jude

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Legally, we cannot say we were not warned.

Is that it? Haven't we seen this coming for some time, just from sheer logic? Generations of immigrants and students have been welcomed here for decades. It is our greatest strength, and that is precisely where the enemy, any enemy, would target and exploit us.

Proper planning prevents....remember that saying? I am sure we didn't invent it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Quit trying to scare me with terrorists, I wasn't afraid of them in the first place, and am certainly not afraid of them now.

Amen to that!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Amen to that!

like Toby Keith said, we'll put a boot up their @ss!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed

Amen to that!

like Toby Keith said, we'll put a boot up their @ss!

As he plays songs for the troops, they will do the booting.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
lmao

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

A new intelligence report from the Department of Homeland Security issued Tuesday, titled Insider Threat to Utilities, warns "violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.

"violent extremists have, in fact, obtained insider positions," and that "outsiders have attempted to solicit utility-sector employees" for damaging physical and cyber attacks.

That seems to be stating unequivocably that DHS knows about something, knows who is doing it, and knows how they intend to carry it out. Then why the heck is no one being arrested? Why are they telling us? And what is the real agenda here?

If they do not "in fact" know what they are speaking about here and this is merely conjecture that someone somewhere in some "insider" position is thinking or planning something violent and extreme - which is quite likely - then this is just more smoke to blow up our backsides and more crud just to keep their "fear machine" well 'greased' - greased with our tax dollars, that is.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
this is starting to sound like that show Fear Factor...only this is the government playing the game...just like they did with that bs color-coded "Terrorist Threat Level" garbage

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join