It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Comet Elenin? FAQs from Ian Musgrave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
astronomer Ian Musgrave has answered things about comet Elenin for those who need to know. www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alex1

Very very good article. Maybe this will stop people from posting Elenin topics, and scaring my PCT friends to death...probably not

Science does work sometimes people

S&F

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No one I know of is worried about Elenin. it's the 5 -6 orbitals and the 3 other comets coming about the same time, Sept, Oct, and Nov. that has people worried.All these things happening around the world at this time or NOT normal. I am 60 yrs old and I have never seen it like this before.I know where my sun rises and sets and I know where my moon rises and sets...For the last year it is NOT rising and setting where it ought to.....either one of them. So forget about Elenin, it's just a distraction for whats to come with it...That is what peeps had better worry about.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alex1

I like that. Straight forward and to the point with intelligent observations and links.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by caji316

A facepalm for every wild postulation.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Excellent post, s&f
Hopefully this will put an end to the doomsday speculation....
Ahhhh, I made myself lol hard then tooo!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alex1

Now why would you want to ruin a good conspiracy with something as unreliable as facts and expert commentary?
I'm really tired of all the irrational Elenin hype, there are enough real problems to worry about without fabricating imaginary ones.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This guy is obviously a government shill, pay no attention to him. Elenin is controlled by the Annunaki, and they're purposely going to crash it into the Earth. Fact is, we're all dead in a couple months, you can either accept it, or bury your head in the sand with the rest of the sheeple.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by caji316

A facepalm for every wild postulation.

Yeah, what they all said.

If there was something screwy with the sun and moon like you describe, it would be impossible for us all not to know about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

How do you figure, we can plot the distance we are from the moon down to a centimeter, (thanks to the Apollo missions).

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by redtic

How do you figure, we can plot the distance we are from the moon down to a centimeter, (thanks to the Apollo missions).

I think you missed my "not" in my sentence. I'm agreeing with you and disagreeing with caji316, but wanted to quote you because your graphic was pretty damned hilarious

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Star & Flag. Wonderful and sound information.

its closest approach is 0.23 AU on Oct 16, 2011.

Sourcey Poo

So I would expect the next doom trend to start roughly on October 17th. Maybe called C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS)?!
Pending
Apocalypse
Nearing
Some
Terrestrial
Astral
Reclusive
Resident
System

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Sorry I must have read too fast. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

The real question is are you worried about it ? I am currently wondering why people always try to debunk the claims on the subject. I am not saying this is 100% true, I cannot prove it. With that being said I think many people are interpreting this celestial object as a fear generator. So many claims of the end ... in association with it that the average person says this is ridiculous in fear of the death, the unknown and uncontrollable. I do ay we have to stop always saying yes, no, FAKE, AN ABSOLUTE PROOF (without any real proof at all) and start investigating the real facts behind this.

We know a celestial object, whatever how big, the name or so is, but our perception brings us automatically inside a big bias (no blame here) and we loose again and again transparency. Let's begin real analysis and let's stop empty claims or pejorative manners.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Star & Flag. Wonderful and sound information.

its closest approach is 0.23 AU on Oct 16, 2011.

Sourcey Poo

So I would expect the next doom trend to start roughly on October 17th. Maybe called C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS)?!
Pending
Apocalypse
Nearing
Some
Terrestrial
Astral
Reclusive
Resident
System

I guess then all us Elenin types are full of beans. Wouldn't be the first time. Elenin is passing close to Stereo B on Aug 2. Maybe we can see some good pics and put the matter to rest. I think Elenin looks like a black bowling ball with ten red eyes. But they will show us some good pics soon so we will all know.

So Aug 2 they can show the visual on it. Can't wait.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I am more than willing to admit that science cannot explain everything. However when astronomers who have been observing an object which has behaved according to projections and calculations say "Its not a brown dwarf star, its not going to hit earth." I tend to take that as more than just an educated guess since they have backed their findings with data.

I do disagree with the astronomer in one aspect and that is that the comet will not affect the earth. I think ( and this is my own personal belief) that all cosmic objects affect each other in some way shape or form. This reaction may not be observable to our present scope of science, but that does not mean that will always be so.

Astrology is a perverted form of what I am talking about. Any person who claims they can tell you what will happen to you 3 years from now due to where Mars and Jupiter are positioned in the sky is a nutter. But the roots of Astrology go back very very far, and has been changed (like the mystic philosophies which evolved into religions) again and again.

But this is just my own belief. This does not make it anymore true than any other. I just tend to believe academics, unless there are a good amount of other intellectuals who oppose said academics findings. But I believe things that most scientists and philosophers don't all agree on, are the things we don't have all the answers to. The most important questions will never be answered I think (i.e. Does God exist, is there life after death, how did the universe begin, etc).
edit on 20-7-2011 by Openeye because:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You can tell by what they say and how they say it and by looking at their sources that prompt what they say. Another clue is the absence of showing any math or speaking in a scientific prose. Dead giveaways someone is reading woo, and regurgitating it unchecked. That's how.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caji316

so how did i document the sunrise , right place right time

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

I am more than willing to admit that science cannot explain everything. However when astronomers who have been observing an object which has behaved according to projections and calculations say "Its not a brown dwarf star, its not going to hit earth." I tend to take that as more than just an educated guess since they have backed their findings with data.

I do disagree with the astronomer in one aspect and that is that the comet will not affect the earth. I think ( and this is my own personal belief) that all cosmic objects affect each other in some way shape or form. This reaction may not be observable to our present scope of science, but that does not mean that will always be so.

Astrology is a perverted form of what I am talking about. Any person who claims they can tell you what will happen to you 3 years from now due to where Mars and Jupiter are positioned in the sky is a nutter. But the roots of Astrology go back very very far, and has been changed (like the mystic philosophies which evolved into religions) again and again.

But this is just my own belief. This does not make it anymore true than any other. I just tend to believe academics, unless there are a good amount of other intellectuals who oppose said academics findings. But I believe things that most scientists and philosophers don't all agree on, are the things we don't have all the answers to. The most important questions will never be answered I think (i.e. Does God exist, is there life after death, how did the universe begin, etc).
edit on 20-7-2011 by Openeye because:

Star for this reply. I like it when we have somebody not being a 1 liner and answering clearly his own belief without saying he has the absolute truth (because nothing is absolute according to Einstein). I feel the same as you when you were referring to scientists and academics thinking a phenomenon is not real by the simple fact that they cannot prove it. This is exactly where IMO science has it's limit and where the world of unrevealed truth and pure speculation (could be mistaken fact too) begins.

Whatever there will always be the one's willing to do everything as possible to bunk or debunk a so said theory. Again I call transparency in our judgement because bias is hell of a problem here on ATS.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Well the lack of mathematics and science often is related to a mistake or wrong saying according to our perception. I say maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong but let's not say that they are DEFINITELY wrong just because we miss some science evidence, that doesn't prove anything either. Neither one of the 2 sides have the truth here.

What I mean is that claims without scientific proofs on a nebulous subject such as a comet with plenty of names could be real, science has it's limits. How to prove it is definitely with science but the lack of scientific evidence means it is unproven, not wrong or fake. That is my true perception of the many things going on here.

Thruthseek3r

top topics

<<   2 >>

join