It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warning Issued Over “Controlled” Comet (ELENIN) Headed Towards Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Well if you want to find out if this post really exist it would make sense to find out who wrote it, you know backtrace?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

So if someone makes a really, incredibly nutty claim we have to accept it? You suggest that anyone with half-brain should not eliminate a claim so flawed that it makes US politicians look respectable? Seriously?

OK. There is a projected path of the comet. Amateur astronomers see that the comet is following that path. That path misses the Earth by 22 million miles. Nothing suggests that the comet is not following the projected path.

So now we are supposed to accept the possibility that the comet is going to hit the Earth? Are you kidding?

On a side note I find it odd that posters here are only posting part of the model rocketeers credo. It goes like this:

Up Jupiter
Up Saturn
Up Uranus

(please pronounce the planet's name properly. It is YOUR-a-nuss)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You guys...stop attacking the messenger and attack the message. Lets find out if this report really exists and what it actually says. How many conspiracies do you people just ignore due to the source?

What part of "known hoaxer" do you not understand? By all means, please spend the next several hours searching for this report and perhaps you will begin to understand. Fortunately, understanding a story's source allows you to ignore a lot of bogus "conspiracies."

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What part of "known hoaxer" do you not understand? By all means, please spend the next several hours searching for this report and perhaps you will begin to understand. Fortunately, understanding a story's source allows you to ignore a lot of bogus "conspiracies."
I don't ignore any information my friend, despite how horrid and objectionable the source may be. Even the worste hoaxer in the world doesn't output 100% lies. I think there's a slight chance this report does actually exist, since so many other websites have run with this story there could be something to it. You can move along and go look into something else, no one else is stopping you. But don't hang around here telling us what we should and shouldn't look into. Leave it alone and move along if you're done here.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think you'll find your wrong and a lot of hoaxers just spread lies, that's why they are called hoaxers.

For example, if someone makes fake UFO videos one after another, would you take his next one serious?

If someone had released hundred of hoax news reports purposefully over time then would you beleive the next one?

Sorcha Faal is a KNOWN and CONFIRMED hoaxer!

Personally, I think he or she deserves a good hiding, I think what Sorcha does is not only sick, misleading and immoral, but also borders on the illegal. Writing Sci Fi is one thing, but making a fake news site and hoaxing the world is another thing

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by athenegoddess

My basis will be more than evident in the next year. I await your ignorant excuses as to why all the cap that the morons who don't know grade school, elementary science can't seem to understand.

What will be your excuse? Or will you be to busy promoting the newest bs to bother acknowledging the complete idiocy of your previous posts?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Repeating a hoax does make it any more truthful. A hoax is a hoax and this claim is seriously laughable.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I will check in periodically to monitor your progress. Please post the full text of this report when you find it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

I think you'll find your wrong and a lot of hoaxers just spread lies, that's why they are called hoaxers.
I have seen questionable sources produce amazing content in the past, and everyone just glossed over it in the beginning, and it didn't receive recognition for a long time because everyone just assumed it was a hoax. I don't "assume" ANYTHING, I will do the research myself and come to my own conclusions. I couldn't care less if everyone says "this person is a hoaxer, move along everyone". I avoid group mentality at all costs. It actually amazes me the degree to which so called "free thinkers" on ATS follow a group mentality. I know that group mentality can easily be exploited to lead a thread in exactly the direction one wishes it to go.

It seems the part about Russia needing 5000 more bomb shelters by 2012 is actually factual. That increases the chances this report does actually exist, but I think it will be in Russian and it's proving difficult to track down.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

It seems the part about Russia needing 5000 more bomb shelters by 2012 is actually factual. That increases the chances this report does actually exist, but I think it will be in Russian and it's proving difficult to track down.

I read that too somewhere, and it was from a good source.

I wouldn't mind figuring out what news sources from Russia are credible, I think they aren't as secretive as the west about certain things. The USA news controls too much of North America, stuff gets kept from the public.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I don't ignore any information my friend, despite how horrid and objectionable the source may be. Even the worste hoaxer in the world doesn't output 100% lies.

Actually... Sometimes they do...

For the record:

Originally posted by Springer
I will happily "declare" that ALL threads using Sorcha Faal as a source, directly or indirectly, will be put in the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum as soon as they are discovered by staff or reported by the Membership.

We do NOT want to support such garbage with any publicity on the Big ATS at all.

Springer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7/20/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I hate to say it...

But we told you so

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It seems the part about Russia needing 5000 more bomb shelters by 2012 is actually factual.

That isn't quite right. The construction won't begin till the end of 2012. Nothing but planning is being done now. The existence of this plan is not new. It's been discussed at ATS.

The essence of a good hoax is toss in something factual or somewhat factual to suggest that the entire claim is factual. Here we have that being used.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So have you found that report yet? Keep looking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join