It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Mississippians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hey guys. Just wanted to see how many fellow Mississippians are on the site. I'd like to discuss legends, folklore, and any paranormal stories in general originating in our home state. I've googled and yahoo'd and wiki'd but there isn't much information. I know there has to be some stories out there. Please feel free to post anything and everything. Thanks in advance. -Storm

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
which is cooler, polo shirt, avi's and an AK or all that Military tactical #, i say the AK, discuss.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

That's actually a M-4 carbine with a retractable stock. Polo shirts? Military tactical #? What are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
civilian clothes and an AK vs. fully functioning marine equipment, if my goal is survival what would i do best with?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

depending on what equipment you're referring to. if you have an ACH(helmet) or IBA (body armor) then i would take the field gear. how can a 17 year old have an AK anyway?

By the way, this is off topic. Please try to stay on topic unless you're from MS and want to discuss the actual thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

thats fine. just send me a message and we'll discuss anything you want. no homo

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stormrider26

Mississippian girl here, from Madison County to Simpson County and all points in between. Hi there.

Ever heard of the Bell Witch? Movie "An American Haunting" ? Betsy Bell, the daughter of John Bell, this actually happened in Tennessee though, moved with her husband (who was her teacher) to Winona, MS after they married. My Grandmother was born and raised in this area and heard this story all her life. Also, the Blair Witch Project was based on this story.

I don't know if it followed her or not, long time since I looked at it. But, I don't blame her for getting as far away from that place as possible, terrible stuff that happened to her and her Teacher, later husband, witnessed these happenings.
Bell Witch, An American Haunting article
edit on 22-7-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Thanks for the post. And yes, I've heard of the whole Bell Witch incident. Very interesting. I'm actually from Rankin county and can't find many stories localy.

new topics

top topics

join