It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul VS. media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This video is a clip of Ron Paul's reaction to Presidents Obama saying that "he doesn't need to ask congress to engage in the NATO lead effort in Libya". When I heard this I was shocked. Is this what Americans are looking for in a leader? I know the president is for the most part a puppet but come on. We are letting to many issues slip by us without addressing them. How many more illegal Wars will we have to start before we Americans start getting attacked on our own land?

www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul is the best qualifying candidate to run this country. Why is Paul so unpopular on television but online, he's #1 on all ratings?? It is because on the media. I have a feeling the media will only cover Obama and some other less qualified candidate that has a good smile and that can BS all day. The only thing Obama has done for our country is put it 4 trillion more in dept. And the odds of him being reelected are very high. I know for a fact that Muslim doesn't have my vote, but will that matter?
edit on 20-7-2011 by GreenFurnNW because: wrong link to video

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
As much as I hate that Ron Paul is affiliating himself and running under the republican party, I'm casting my vote for him in 2012. His views are just too important to ignore and the times we're in are dire. I don't agree with some of his views, but overall I agree with his political perspective.

I believe there are behind the scenes dirty tricks being played to keep Ron Paul from gaining momentum and the public's attention. Although, he will be losing democratic votes based upon his party affiliation. Unfortunately, blind party loyalty always plays a big part in elections.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think one of the problems Ron Paul is having with the media is that there is not a lot of blackmail material on him so others can unjustly influence him. The internet played a big part in the last election and I see it playing an even bigger role this one. Like all elections it will be tough, but he has been showing his colours and is one of the most decent around. He is the best hope for any sense of integrity to be restored to the system.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
let's not forget lyndon larouche has been running for president as a democrat for decades

no media coverage at all unless it's negative

media has been a part of the conspiracy for over a hundred years

here's a informative clip concerning medias links from the 70's

link if there are any sudden embedding issues like the 1st time i posted this vid
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

There are a few reasons that the media and political establishment hate Ron Paul.

He totally upsets the status quo and the media has spent millions securing access to sources in the current political structure that ultimately he would blow up

The larger reason is that many of his views require an intellectual effort to understand and communicate back to folks, a level of intellect many of these folks in the media just don't have. While Paul has on the face simple solutions, the philosophy is intellectually challenging to many, including the beautiful folks in the media. They are intimidated by him and as such will take most of what he says out of context and make him look like the odd uncle. Paul's philosophy requires an explanation of "why" that is far more subtle than the nonsensical "goverment is good vs. government is bad" sound bites we hear on a daily basis. Liberty, while seeming like a relatively simple thing to discuss, has ramifications that are quite difficult to explain, so they don't attempt to

new topics

top topics

join