It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We were the ones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We were the ones who marched at Kent State. We were the ones who protested the Viet Nam war. We were the ones who locked arms and layed our bodies down in the streets to demonstrate against neuclear arms. We were the ones who fought for equal rights for blacks. We were the ones who demonstrated for gay rights at Stonewall. We we the ones who funded the welfare system and all the other social agencys all these years. We are the ones who Built the cities that you live in. We were the ones who spent countless hrs volenteering for everything from the red cross to suicite prevention etc. We were the ones who paid our taxes all these years. We were the ones who educated you. We were the ones who gave you life....................

Ok so now its our turn america. Senior citizens are not someone you should consider messing with. If social security is cut, do you honestly think we are going to take that lightly? Freezing cost of living raises for the past two years was one thing but cutting what little we get isnt going to fly. No it wont be a bunch of flash mob grannys knocking off walmart for some ben gay, no it will get ugly......very very ugly. No , we are the backbone of the america you know. So let me say this on behalf of those who cannot speak here, Dont mess with senior citizens because you certainly don't want to underestimate who we are and what we are made of !!

edit on 20-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
We were the ones who marched at Kent State. We were the ones who protested the Viet Nam war. We were the ones who locked arms and layed our bodies down in the streets to demonstrate against neuclear arms. We were the ones who fought for equal rights for blacks. We were the ones who demonstrated for gay rights at Stonewall. We we the ones who funded the welfare system and all the other social agencys all these years. We are the ones who Built the cities that you live in. We were the ones who spent countless hrs volenteering for everything from the red cross to suicite prevention etc. We were the ones who paid our taxes all these years. We were the ones who educated you. We were the ones who gave you life....................

Ok so now its our turn america. Senior citizens are not someone you should consider messing with. If social security is cut, do you honestly think we are going to take that lightly? Freezing cost of living raises for the past two years was one thing but cutting what little we get isnt going to fly. No it wont be a bunch of flash mob grannys knocking off walmart for some ben gay, no it will get ugly......very very ugly. No , we are the backbone of the america you know. So let me say this on behalf of those who cannot speak here, Dont mess with senior citizens because you certainly don't want to underestimate who we are and what we are made of !!

The people you should be talking to aren't your average Americans. They are wealthy senior citizens that make up the senate and a good portion of the house that are drafting this legislation without the consent or support of those who "elected" them.
edit on 20-7-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
That's right, young'uns.

Prepare for the Grey Dawn.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
We, the part of the Combined Guardian Force of All Universe support and are behind you.You have to Stand up and fight and we shall deal with those who exposed themselves in their effort to put you down.
edit on 20-7-2011 by 1Starman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

No disrespect, but if you're going to make generalisations - look at the world you helped create. You attended protests, but ultimately they were little more than talk, with very little / no action or change coming from them. You mention educating people; looking at the state of schools and the system currently it seems not to be the case. We pay our taxes and fund the welfare system, just as you did; the difference being that a growing chunk of our taxes today go directly into the pensions of your generation, as the taxes you paid were far from enough to cover your medically-extended lifespans.

The world today is an ugly, disjointed mess, due in large part to the near-sighted / selfish practices of the current older generations. I have no problems giving respect to people for personal actions, but ultimately you're just the same as us, having done what the younger generations are doing now. You do not get a prize or respect just for being further down the line. Stop using your age as a crutch and a divider. We're all in this boat together; the quicker this is accepted, the quicker progress can be made. Bring your experience to the table, leave your animosity at the door.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Peteos

Dearest peteos, yes you are right that things didnt change enough. Im not using my age as a crutch for anything. I'm simply saying that we did all we could for america and we just dont want to be swept under the rug. I do apologize for living longer than you expected. Anyway its not the american people we are upset with and you know it............, its the fact that we are resented for not dying off yet and the idea that we might continue to live just scares the bejesus out of some who would rather their tax dollars went to more promising endevors now.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
None of the age groups get to take credit or blame for the dysfunctional and dystopian state of this country today. If you want someone to blame, look to the real culprits. Generational politicians, Elitist corporations and bankers, and the oligarchs with their finger on the trigger just waiting for the right time to pull it.

All you are doing in this thread is continuing the division among the people in this country. One of the very things used to conquer us from within to start with.

Until Americans can come together with one voice against those who have hijacked this country and made it their personal little playground. We have lost, and we all share in that, not just an age group.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Please, while my comments may have carried force, they were not intended to offend - my apologies if any was taken. Ultimately the blame for the problems must lie at the feet of the group/s in charge; suppressed technology and knowledge (and as such, the suppressed evolution of society), has caused us to remain locked in this 'industrial war' stage of evolution. Coupled with the basic economics of the current time (currency devaluation / inflation, whichever you want to call it), this welfare situation was always going to occur.

TPTB want to keep the divides between sects of society up; if we can bring them down through conversation and understanding, things can then move forward.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here's the real prob with the modern Politico and the various parties

All of these groups share the same mentality. They do not see politics as the art of the possible. They do not believe in seizing opportunities to make steady, messy progress toward conservative goals. They believe that politics is a cataclysmic struggle. They believe that if they can remain pure in their faith then someday their party will win a total and permanent victory over its foes. They believe they are Gods of the New Dawn.

yet we private citizens need to change how we think too..

we need to remind them that as elected officials they work for us, do the will of the people... if they don't do what we put them there to do, we should simply fire them, replacing them with someone more capable... My taxes make me their immediate superior and as their boss per say... I demand accountability.. we cant keep burying our heads in the sand and let the other guy take care of it... there is no other guy... it's on us...

I now end my rant with a bow and flourish of hand... thank you thank you I'm here all week with lots more rants

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You and I can rant and rave till the cows come home, and there will still be more wars, so certain companys can get rich making war toys. The land of the free and the home of the brave is now the land of the sheep and the home of the fearful. The elite get underground bunkers for SHTF day and we get the bills. Im sick of it all. Im sick that children in out country go hungry and old people have to choose between food or medicine or paying the electric etc. Im sick of the litter and sick of pollution. Im sick that science explains away my creator. Im sick that a kid cant say a one min prayer in school. Im sick that our companys now do business over seas somewhere for cheap slave labor and americans are expected to pay top dollar for inferior products that they no longer have the oppurtunity to produce. Im sick that college grads cant get or keep a job due to outsourcing and downsizing. Im sick that we vote for presidents who make promises then once elected turn out to be liars and worse. If the people of the world spent as much time, energy and money on health care and growing food as they do playing war then there would be much less pain. Your turn, rant away......................oh wait, one more thing.....Gay is a genetic predisposition so everybody needs to back off and quit trying to "cure it". ok I'm done. Your turn...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
evertyhing thats wrong with this country is because of the hippy generation

crying about jobs hey you got your wish you spread the wealth and they said no thanks and left the country

the liberal progressive poliicies have done their job but wait thats not good enough.

everything that ideology does for people is to destroy them.

anyone who has any concept of the meanings of the words freedom and independence know that this country today is nothing but greed for dependency and get someone elese to pay for you from cradle to grave.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
evertyhing thats wrong with this country is because of the hippy generation

Yup the best modern music ever made and the end of segragation

crying about jobs hey you got your wish you spread the wealth and they said no thanks and left the country

Good, hope they all leave, that will let ethical business's take their place!

the liberal progressive poliicies have done their job but wait thats not good enough.

Thats what they said when they deregulated wallstreet in 1999, you got yer wish now!!! Prosperity!!!

everything that ideology does for people is to destroy them.

Ya, feeding a hungry person makes them more hungry George Orwell... Starvation builds character!

anyone who has any concept of the meanings of the words freedom and independence know that this country today is nothing but greed for dependency and get someone elese to pay for you from cradle to grave.

You should associate with different people... I currently don't associate with anyone on welfare, because none of
them enjoy dependency.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Yup the best modern music ever made and the end of segragation

making race a job requirement instead of a persons qualifications hate that as much as i do listening to rap

Good, hope they all leave, that will let ethical business's take their place!

better change that tune the only thing keep the government from your tax dollars is those unethical people but then agian we are talking about "an ethical government" who has stolen more from the people of this country than any business ever will.

Thats what they said when they deregulated wallstreet in 1999, you got yer wish now!!! Prosperity!!!

yep all those 100 million people living off the government dime are just living high on the hog.

Ya, feeding a hungry person makes them more hungry George Orwell... Starvation builds character!

yeah its not enough to have a dog or cat or pigs as pets you want make people pets too gonna take care and feed them the rest of their lives you gonna cloth them and buy them homes and cars as well?

oh wait people tried to do that yep thats really prosperous.

You should associate with different people... I currently don't associate with anyone on welfare, because none of them enjoy dependency.

you pay taxes you support them so in away you associate with them.

and too true they are dependent with their hands out for a check that the government can take away at any given time.
edit on 20-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think it's a little backwards to say America as a whole has to do more now. We're not the ones who are going to take your Social Security away. Don't forget it was Obama who a week ago threatened not to send out August's checks. What makes me sick is when the federal government doesn't get its way, it threatens its weakest citizens instead of cutting from other areas of the budget (military spending, anyone?) Why the seniors aren't OUTRAGED at the current people sitting in Washington DC right now is beyond me. There is so much money that goes missing yearly from the federal budget and no one's talking about THAT! What's happening right now is some messed up form of extortion, IMO.

Our generation is also protesting and making sure our voices are heard. I know I am. It's just sad that no one opens their eyes while they're out on the street to notice. The daily crap that's pushed down their throats by the MSM is all they'll ever see.

ETA: Isn't it obvious that Social Security is broken as it is? You shouldn't be surprised if and when they money stops flowing from this glorious nanny state.
edit on 20-7-2011 by rEVOLuti0nary because: (no reason given)

top topics

join