It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some good ways to induce a lucid dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.ld4all.com...(content=ld4all_welcome.shtml)

Under the "How" tab; WILD technique works best for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thanks folks
A lot of decent suggestions, I will pick and choose (and check out some of the links and names) and see which fits best for me.

I am ultimately trying to connect and understand my subconscious a bit more...You ever know you have some pretty good ideas but seem lost on exactly what it is your trying to work towards...well, anyhow, ya, sort of a self understanding, and see where else it goes from there. Also, I suspect if you can gain a moderate amount of control in the sea of your subconscious, it may, over time, turn into conscious focus and self control...planting suggestions (aka, quit smoking, etc) in the subconscious, etc..

subconscious is a powerful personality controller, and if you can control that aspect, I suspect much can change about a person...but of course, step 1 is to get into the subconscious in a controlled fashion that is repeatable...then comes experiment time.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's simple:

The art of having LDs (or OOBEs which are closely related) is "to fall asleep" while being conscious.

There are some ways to achieve this.

The "easiest" is to go to bed/sleep in an un-usual position, for example if you are used to lying on the side to fall asleep it can be as simple as lying on your back.

The other important trick is to keep your mind "active" (as opposed to when you fall asleep where you simply shut off your mind, usually). Some methods to achieve this is to focus on the "images behind your eyes" while your eyes are closed, similar to meditation...or use other means to keep your mind awake. (Eg concentrate on something, mental image etc....while you are very relaxed and let the rest of your body fall asleep)

What will happen is that you physically fall asleep but you managed it to keep your mind awake/conscious...so you enter dreams but are fully conscious that you are dreaming.

edit on 22-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
check out this website
www.dreamviews.com...

there is a ton of great stuff there about lucid dreaming.if you ar enew to lucid dreaming there are different supplements that can help you lucid dream. the most common one is B-6.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's actually very dificult. I been doing it my whole life as many other people.
Best advice I can give you is that you need to be totally relaxed mentally and physically.
Fatigue for me is most important.
The other advice is to try the Monroe method's from Robert Monroe.
Read also Robert bruce and William Buhlman. Best time to do it is morning's, set an alarm you wake up then re-set it for half hour or hour, then you'll wake up and then you go back to sleep.
Practice that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join