It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous unfazed by the recent arrests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some reports make it sound like anonymous is a small group and that it's leaders were those who were arrested today. The reality is there are no leaders and the arrests will make little to no impact on the work of anon.

The overall reaction of anon has been "bring it"

Here are some reactions Ive seen on anon message boards and IRCs:

thats ok for every man we lose we gain 10 moew

Are the people getting arrested, those who are actually participating in the hacking? I don't mind being arrested for a cause, I just want to know if they are only targeting the big guns or the little guys too? even tho we are all one thought, some tend to think louder than others.

Here comes the Gestapo...i wonder if these *censored* know by now its past hacking

I love how they think we're all 15-20 year old teens

they took a couple of use down but we are many so it wasnt rly that big of a hit

This is why you turn TOR on when you're using Slowloris or some other script to DoS boxes.

There's really nothing they can do anyways i suppose. If coming together to form a peaceful resistance gets me jailed...than so be it.

Exactly just like they demonized us on the news as "hackers on steroids" just because some people who belive in the idea of anonymous are hacktivists doesn't mean we all are. It's just like saying all mexicans are lazy, total bull but sadly most sheople belive it.

For me if it means that I can help change the world, or even create freedom for 1% of the people then I am happy to be arrested, plus even 'bad' publicity can be good publicity.

Well there you have it, whether you like them or not, they are not going anywhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
How many threads we need about the same news event?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
of course anonymous would be unfazed by the arrests reason being anonymous has no members.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Any law enforcement agency in the world who tries to bring these people down are soon going to realize that they are in way over their heads. There simply are not enough resources to do it. The mindset and the technical capabilities of Anonymous are more than anyone on the other side of the fence can handle. What's sad to watch is the people from agencies like the F.B.I even trying. So they took down 16 I heard. That's just a drop in the bucket to the numbers that are out there now.It's an exercise in futility to say the least. There are new generations of computer users constantly learning the ropes who see big government and big business as the entities that keep us mentally, emotionally and socially retarded as a human race, and all Anonymous is doing is slowly bringing them to their knees. Where's the harm in that to the common man?

What Anonymous is doing, basically, is a peaceful revolution for the sake of good. Unlike other such activities in the past though, Anonymous has the intelligence, resources, intestinal fortitude and perseverance to actually bring about positive change for the common man realistically. They have proven they can do it in the past and they will continue to do it in the future.

One raid, or even 10, isn't going to do it boys, sorry.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
How many threads we need about the same news event?

I know everyone knows about the arrests, that really was not the point of the thread. The point of the thread is to show the attitude of anon, because a lot of people think its just kids messing around when in reality a lot of the people are actually very serious about it. Not everyone here participates in the anon message boards or IRC so I wanted to show the type of things that are said on them.
edit on 19-7-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by CREAM

Any law enforcement agency in the world who tries to bring these people down are soon going to realize that they are in way over their heads. There simply are not enough resources to do it. The mindset and the technical capabilities of Anonymous are more than anyone on the other side of the fence can handle. What's sad to watch is the people from agencies like the F.B.I even trying. So they took down 16 I heard. That's just a drop in the bucket to the numbers that are out there now.It's an exercise in futility to say the least. There are new generations of computer users constantly learning the ropes who see big government and big business as the entities that keep us mentally, emotionally and socially retarded as a human race, and all Anonymous is doing is slowly bringing them to their knees. Where's the harm in that to the common man?

What Anonymous is doing, basically, is a peaceful revolution for the sake of good. Unlike other such activities in the past though, Anonymous has the intelligence, resources, intestinal fortitude and perseverance to actually bring about positive change for the common man realistically. They have proven they can do it in the past and they will continue to do it in the future.

One raid, or even 10, isn't going to do it boys, sorry.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

I completely agree with you, anonymous is to big to take down, and if the FBI or whoever magically become able to, anonymous wont go down without a battle of the ages that will leave the FBI or whoever crippled. They do also fight for good, and it saddens me when people blindly swallow whatever the media says about anonymous to make them lose support.

new topics

top topics

join