It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid gets his hand crushed in China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Nothing makes my blood boil more than the mistreatment of a defenseless child!

While i can accept and understand cultural differences regarding punishments, the traumatizing manner with which the punishment (if it is punishment) is being carried out is very disturbing, and the elderly women heard laughing and seen smiling is simply disgusting.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Police-Baker-Auto Salesman-

Doesnt matter. This is no way for grown people to behave towards the youth.

China already has a long record with Human Rights abuses. (we all know this).
They dont need stuff like this going viral, cause it makes them look weak.

The police may be worse, but the fact of the matter is, thats the only right way to deal with kids like this.
Lock them up.
Then they MIGHT think REAL hard about doing it again.
When you beat up on kids like this though, that makes them worse off(psychologically). And chances are, they become the bullies that were beating up on him.
Repetative cycle.

Guys like the one in the video crushing that kids hand and slappin him around -tossin him around- are the ones who deserve the ass beatings.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Nothing makes my blood boil more than the mistreatment of a defenseless child!

While i can accept and understand cultural differences regarding punishments, the traumatizing manner with which the punishment (if it is punishment) is being carried out is very disturbing, and the elderly women heard laughing and seen smiling is simply disgusting.

I already posted an example of children in America being treated far worse than in the OP video. (Treated badly for profit rather than to teach a lesson).

Unless you are from another country, but please let me know so I can post something in return. Culture of beating kids and/or treating them unfairly exists in every country.
edit on 19-7-2011 by boncho because: clarification

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The police may be worse, but the fact of the matter is, thats the only right way to deal with kids like this. Lock them up. Then they MIGHT think REAL hard about doing it again.

In which I refer to what I posted earlier in this thread:

Thursday as the judge, Mark A. Ciavarella Jr., and a colleague, Michael T. Conahan, appeared in federal court in Scranton, Pa., to plead guilty to wire fraud and income tax fraud for taking more than $2.6 million in kickbacks to send teenagers to two privately run youth detention centers run by PA Child Care and a sister company, Western PA Child Care.

I'll also throw in the fact that China has less people Per Capita in prison than the US does...

Take a beating, go to jail. If you have been to jail you can make a realistic decision on the matter...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

The police may be worse, but the fact of the matter is, thats the only right way to deal with kids like this. Lock them up. Then they MIGHT think REAL hard about doing it again.

In which I refer to what I posted earlier in this thread:

Thursday as the judge, Mark A. Ciavarella Jr., and a colleague, Michael T. Conahan, appeared in federal court in Scranton, Pa., to plead guilty to wire fraud and income tax fraud for taking more than $2.6 million in kickbacks to send teenagers to two privately run youth detention centers run by PA Child Care and a sister company, Western PA Child Care.

I'll also throw in the fact that China has less people Per Capita in prison than the US does...

Take a beating, go to jail. If you have been to jail you can make a realistic decision on the matter...

I have been. And its not up to the kid anyways, or me. But to take the unrealistic option you have given me, id still take the jail if I were as young as this kid was.

No kid deserves to get beat like that. You cant really justify this without sounding like a cold hearted ahole.

Beating up on children= Illegal.
If that happened here in the states, that guy would more than likely be in the hospital.
Then he would get thrown in jail for 5-10 years. THEN beat some more.

Like i said, just cause its a different culture doesnt make them right for doing what they did. It made them cowards, and knowing the Chinesse, they should know all about "Honor".
Seems these ones dont.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No kid deserves to get beat like that. You cant really justify this without sounding like a cold hearted ahole.

Not justifying it, just observations and counterpoints.

Beating up on children= Illegal. If that happened here in the states, that guy would more than likely be in the hospital. Then he would get thrown in jail for 5-10 years. THEN beat some more.

What world do you live in?

Child Abuse in America
Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Over 3 million reports of child abuse are made every year in the United States; however, those reports can include multiple children. In 2009, approximately 3.3 million child abuse reports and allegations were made involving an estimated 6 million children.

Like i said, just cause its a different culture doesnt make them right for doing what they did. It made them cowards, and knowing the Chinesse, they should know all about "Honor". Seems these ones dont.

The section I put in bold text highlights your ignorance. "Honor", as a cultural point, is (if anything) associated with Japan.

As far as China goes, it is about "face". Showing "face" and not losing "face". Stealing, not only makes you lose face, but also your family. There are severe consequences from losing face, or not "showing face" to other people, ie, making them lose face.

This is all covered metaphorically in the San Zi Ging, the basic starting point for children when they begin learning the written and spoken language. They learn of all the things they must do to build their family name in their community. And how to represent themselves the right way.

This kid went the wrong way, in their eyes...

edit on 19-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I didnt know Honor was just stricken to one place. Hmm

And Not once did I dispute that child abuse happens here in America.

Of course it does!

But in broad daylight like that, that guy would have got an ass beating if he did that to a kid on the street ANYWHERE in America.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by boncho

I didnt know Honor was just stricken to one place. Hmm

And Not once did I dispute that child abuse happens here in America.

Of course it does!

But in broad daylight like that, that guy would have got an ass beating if he did that to a kid on the street ANYWHERE in America.

So it is okay if it happens behind closed doors. But in public, people should be outraged.....

Typical...

Edit: By "okay" I mean, sans outrage. As in: I have provided statistics of Child Abuse rates in US, but the public display is what really bothers people... Not what is actually happening behind closed doors.
edit on 19-7-2011 by boncho because: clarify

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There is no talking to you is there?

When did I ever say anything like that?

If this is all you are going to do, then I think its best we end this convo. =)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

There is no talking to you is there?

When did I ever say anything like that?

If this is all you are going to do, then I think its best we end this convo. =)

If you feel I am being unreasonable, please explain this quote:

Are you implying that America is better somehow than China because children are beaten in private, or are you saying that America has higher values because people are not allowed to beat them in public.

You already stated that:

And Not once did I dispute that child abuse happens here in America. Of course it does!

So it doesn't leave much other options open for interpretation.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these people have kids of their own.

Sickening, to say the least.

Someone posted that he was called out as a thief. Ya, like a 6 year old understands the real immorality of thievery.

There is no excuse for these actions. These people are well aware of what's going on.

--------------------

My guess, is that this kids parents taught him how to steal, and force him to do it, since I see no evidence of their presence.

Seems to be a trend...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Most kids steal at some point.

Im just glad I never got my hand crushed like that.

It didnt take such a harsh act like what happened to that kid for me to realize I was wrong and to not do it again.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
First, why are people making a pissing contest between what countries do what to children? All are guilty as charged. Does it make it right? Maybe the kid stole something.. But we will never know why he stole something. He might get back home and get another beating for being caught or not bringing something back or he can't steal something tomorrow because his hands are injured or his cover has been blown. I have seen worse in China. I have also seen the better side of the culture.
P.S.
I have lived in Asia for 10 years and speak ok Chinese and a few dialects- What people say, thinking you can't understand, is unbelievable.
edit on 20-7-2011 by BlackOops because: 6 beers. can't spell

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

What a cluster-f this thread turned out to be.

Why does this always happen?

Disturbing video to say the least. I would have socked that dude in his mouth if I was standing next to him.
Spanking a kid is one thing, but crushing his hand under your boot is another. They should have let the police handle it instead of being victim/judge/exectutioner.
Different cultures have different ways I guess, but either way, I still would have beat that guy down for what he did to that kid.
But thats just me, I dont like seeing grown men beat up on defenseless kids and women(oh and old people too).

well that is the problem today.

let the cops and courts deal with it?

this kid is getting a lesson the system could never teach him.

i bet that kid will think twice or 3 times before he tries that again, letting the cops deal with it, only, will make him more brazen. the system doesn't care and he is a kid, what will they do to him?

he knows that, the theft ring knows that, if he was stealing for himself, wth was he gonna do with the motor bike?

fence it for food?

i doubt the guy "crushed" his hand, he scared the crap out of the kid and that's what people want to do.

the kid got busted, big time, would i have gone that far? no but i would of put the fear of god in him, tho.

there is less stigma, it seems, now for bad and criminal behavior in some societies.

i would have got a beating after my dad got me out of the police station, on top of all that!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My blood boiled at the sight of a WHITE Chinese child being harmed and injured. By instinct, I would have shielded the child from these monsters, regardless of "race/ethnicity/culture/heritage/tradition".

But if the child comes from a family with the trait for stealing, that's too bad. The child will be a thief for life not unless the child chooses not to steal ever again.

As for the Samoan teenager, that's different. Teenagers are a bit more hard-wired and more difficult to control. In general, people shouldn't be beaten up.

I want my censorship up against the violence of this planet!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I would have got a beating by my father for stealing as well, hell, I have.

but that was MY father. Not some guy.

And yes, the guy clearly crushed that little boys hand underneath his boot.

Close your eyes all you want, but it happened. And everyone just stood there and watched.

You think this is going to help the kid? It obviously hasnt helped the older generations, cause they are still acting like morons.

Yea. lets just all go back to the dark ages and act like brutes because our brains cant handle civility, oh, and because it became the "norm". Yea, lets just chop the hand off instead, how bout that ?
That will really teach them.

Kids like this need guidance, not grown ass men like this taking their anger out by abusing a kid.

I would have made the kid work for my shop for a while to learn how to respect a persons living and what they have to go through to make it in this world without having to steal.- Not by throwing him around, kicking him, punching him, crushing his hands.

But naw, beating the holy crap out of them is easier and is good for taking out stress.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Instead of beating up mothers who kill their children in America, they get a "slap on the wrist". I guess the world is designed to abuse children, who "inherited" from their ancestors the trait of being violent, a hard teacher.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

the point i was trying to make is that we let/make the police discipline everyone for the smallest thing.

there is no social mores anymore. kids run rampant and defy authority.

no body called the cops when the ball landed in your garden and we were very careful to retrieve it or asked first before running through someones property.

and stealing? wow!

harsh as this looked, it was a pretty good learning experience, ie; the cops ain't gonna save you.

you don't know if the scooter was that guy's, or if the kid was a serial thief that they finally caught in the act.

you want justice, arrest the parents if you can find them, for neglect and abuse.

ETA; they changed the title and everything of the vid.

edit on 20-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I will agree with this post. You sound a little more reasonable here, and I can get on board with reason.

Go after the parents, and yes, the cops wont protect you, its not their job to do so.

Although, I think this world could use a little less of this little man warrior complex(such as the one the attacker had). No man in his right mind could feel as if what he did was the right thing after beating that kid the way he did.

Cant change things for the better if we keep treating people like this.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
THIS IS NOT A RACISM VIDEO

Good thing some of you noticed the description above the video and noticed that the kid actually was caught stealing.

And yeah chinese people do act like that when they catch a thief.
We have kind of like a china town in our capital and once when i was visiting there i saw some chinese beating a teen because they caught him stealing. They went all enter the dragon on him .... Mortal Kombat anyone? ...

EDIT: freaking imbeciles.... the others just stood there and laughed. In my opinion, considering how much i hate chinese because of their brutality towards humans and animals alike, they all should die.... sudden and painless ... That way the US ends up with no more debt towards them and no more off shore factories

edit on 20-7-2011 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join