It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid gets his hand crushed in China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Yes I do think most "made in China" products are junk. Thats my opinion from past experience.
How is that racist?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
reply to post by meathed

Yes I do think most "made in China" products are junk. Thats my opinion from past experience.
How is that racist?

The OP is a video, displayed on the internet out of context. Referring to Chinese products as "Junk" while discussing the video does not add anything to analysis of the video.

Discussing who people treat children would be relative, or how people incite racism by posting things like this without a proper representation would be relative.

The quality of Chinese exports really has no bearing on the video, and your first few posts were directing this thread into a hate thread before you edited them....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't know the specific circumstance, but in my eyes that's assault of a kid, with adult onlookers seemingly standing by rather than intervene until the law arrives.

I find their actions simply appalling. They appear to be subjecting that child to physical and mental cruelty. It's a little kid, for Christ's sake. Look at her bloody face.. she thinks it's funny or entertaining to act like an evil slag?

I do not view all Chinese people as being bad; the world is still a big place, and there are many different cultures, laws and philosophies. There's also no shortage of child abuse cases in my own country. But I can honestly say, if I ever saw this happen on a street near me, that I would intervene and with extreme prejudice towards those responsible.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Ross Cross because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes I did post in ignorance and thats why I put the ? mark in the title and clearly explained that I didn't know for sure what the reason was. I was simply bringing the video to ats.
Can you translate and do you know for sure what the reason was.
Maybe it was because he was stealing. Maybe they did say "white boy". Who cares... the video just disturbed me and I posted it. Big deal.
And yes I did change the post a little to be more "politically correct" because people like yourself can't handle
politically "incorrect" and like to read into it as something else. I don't care... keep flaming.... why do I even bother.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I was in no way directing this towards a "hate thread" nor racism.
The thread was to point out how some people treat children.
So quit making this into something its not.

edit on 19-7-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by meathed

How is that racist?

The OP is a video, displayed on the internet out of context. Referring to Chinese products as "Junk" while discussing the video does not add anything to analysis of the video.

Discussing who people treat children would be relative, or how people incite racism by posting things like this without a proper representation would be relative.

The quality of Chinese exports really has no bearing on the video, and your first few posts were directing this thread into a hate thread before you edited them....

Just wondering, If you intend to focus on the 'treatment' of this child, what are you feelings towards it?
edit on 19-7-2011 by Ross Cross because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross Cross

Thats what the post was for but Boncho and others seem to want to derail it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ok Guys I have an explanation for you. The child in the video was trying to steal a scooter and at no stage was their a reference to his ethnicity.

A man asked "Where is your father" a women says "its a shame that someone so young could be stealing".

The child does seem to be of a different ethnicity to the Han majority of Chinese. There are a lot of different people in China some with different features.

I live in Ireland and there are some poor kids that steal for a living and I am sure they get a slap or more when they are caught and its nothing to do with racism.

This video is playing on people fears and stereotypes but hey its a bit more sensationalist than saying "Kid caught stealing, man stands on hand and crowd ask where is your father?".

You may feel sorry for the kid when you don't understand whats happening but how would you feel if they stole your beloved laptop?

And by the way the cost of one of those electric scooters you see in the video is worth about the same as a cheap laptop at least.

I do not condone violence against anyone, of any age, of any race.

And remember deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bharata

Thanks for the clearification.
So the original poster on liveleak might have had some racist motivation behind the title and description more than likely.
Thats one reason I put the ? mark in the title so that someone could clearify and help me "deny ignorance"

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

Yes, If the original poster had said exactly what was in the video it would not of got 1093894839829343920+ hits.

It shows that you can influence what people think by leaving out key facts. More of a demonstration on how we are all influenced by Media.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was never going to make it through that whole clip,
im a bit of a lurker here and this is only my second post , to say that the actions of the "adults" in this video are wrong is an understatement regardless of this childs actions.
I say that assuming he has not murdered anyone.
for a group of people to stand around kicking and allegedly crushing the hand of "I never got that far" a small child
is deplorable regardless of their race, im sure that the posters in this thread blinded by the color of people's skin
would agree!
I have heard of situations were normal people "by that I mean descent law abiding people" standing by or walking away, not wanting to be the one to intervene but this is surely an extreme example of such a mentality.
I like to think my actions in that situation would be to throw myself on that child and try to cover him and try to
calm these attackers, I would go on to say if that were my child i would do this and i would do that but
bravado helps nobody ..
maybe the child is a thief maybe not I doubt i will follow this thread to find out, but to see things like this going on
chills the blood in my veins , I notice 1 poster mentioned going in there with a swinging axe , ive got to tell you pal i would never agreed with such a preposterous, barbaric, violent and willfully malicious action, until I watched this clip, unfortunately my faith in humanity and normal "law abiding people" just took another massive knock
and in my sadness and confusion I will finish my rant with this.

You my crazy axe wielding friend maybe right !!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

I was in no way directing this towards a "hate thread" nor racism. The thread was to point out how some people treat children. So quit making this into something its not.

I'll ignore the fact that you so far edited 8 of your posts in this thread. Without a disclosure of your edit and additional text.

And I'll address the fact that you spent no time looking into the video before posting it. Simple understanding of YouTube et al, tells us that just about any controversial video on there is misrepresented.

Edit: Probably should have said "a majority are misrepresented"

Maybe it was because he was stealing. Maybe they did say "white boy". Who cares...

Beating someone for stealing and beating them for being a certain race is a completely different ballpark. Again, I'm not condoning the actions, just pointing that out.

edit on 19-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross Cross

Just wondering, If you intend to focus on the 'treatment' of this child, what are you feelings towards it?

It is a display of the socioeconomic status of some people in that region. Just as you would find similar things happening in other parts of the world, and in fact near a city close to home.

People are outraged that adults stood by and watched, or cheered others on, yet this happens behind closed doors in wealthy countries and it means little to most.

Not sure there is any way to make a judgement on this. It is far too complex of an issue.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What a cluster-f this thread turned out to be.

Why does this always happen?

Disturbing video to say the least. I would have socked that dude in his mouth if I was standing next to him.
Spanking a kid is one thing, but crushing his hand under your boot is another. They should have let the police handle it instead of being victim/judge/exectutioner.
Different cultures have different ways I guess, but either way, I still would have beat that guy down for what he did to that kid.
But thats just me, I dont like seeing grown men beat up on defenseless kids and women(oh and old people too).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

It would just be nice if the rest of the world thought the same about the U.S. and our equally important rights to our culture...such as it is.

It's not up to other countries to think of you like that, it's up to you to practice what you want others to see in you.

You can't expect people to think of you as something you're not.

America has no culture for people to assimilate to, do you think people are going to give up their culture to be fat, big mac eating, pick up driving, right wing religious freaks?

Some people seem to do nothing but whine, and expect other people to fix their lives for them.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by meathed

How is that racist?

How is that racist, you ask.
Well it is stereotyping for starters and stereotyping is just racism with another name.
Your whole post centred around the racism debate or you wouldn't have edited your text.
I think you have lost the plot concerning the OP.
Its very confusing now

So clarify yet again for us all.
Is this thread about child abuse?
OR is it about racist Chinese (as your title claims) that bully little white children.?
OR is that everyone should boycott Chinese products as they ( the chinese ) in your opinion make inferior products to us white folk.?
As i said you designed this thread to be racist in nature. And im not the only one that saw this.
So a reply about what you REALLY meant is not necessary.
I know what you REALLY meant anyway, and its very disturbing.
edit on 19-7-2011 by meathed because: grammar,

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Spanking a kid is one thing, but crushing his hand under your boot is another. They should have let the police handle it instead of being victim/judge/exectutioner.

I would rather take the beating than deal with the Police in China.... To be honest....
edit on 19-7-2011 by boncho because: grammer, I mean... grammar

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are not a little kid, now are you ?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by boncho

You are not a little kid, now are you ?

Well, as a little kid I experienced far worse. And depending on the Police Officer that showed up, it may have been better off for the kid.

I had a friend who was a Police Officer in China, he gave me good advice by recommending that I keep my distance as much as possible with his cohorts. Some of the things he told me were right out of left field.

Of course, that all depends on where you are in the country. China is a large place. Some cities are much different than others, and in the major populaces, you can for the most part, expect Police to act as they would in most countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join