It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN from the Dept. Of Justice: 16 individuals arrested from the hacker group "ANONymous!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Dept. Of Justice, Office of Public affairs, complete with names, ages, and aliases!

www.justice.gov...

as I profiled them in an earlier thread, these aren't typical teenage skript kiddies, actually none arrested were teenagers, the closest to being a teen was twenty, and the oldest, a 42 year old female hacker!

"The individuals named in the San Jose indictment are: Christopher Wayne Cooper, 23, aka “Anthrophobic;” Joshua John Covelli, 26, aka “Absolem” and “Toxic;” Keith Wilson Downey, 26; Mercedes Renee Haefer, 20, aka “No” and “MMMM;” Donald Husband, 29, aka “Ananon;” Vincent Charles Kershaw, 27, aka “Trivette,” “Triv” and “Reaper;” Ethan Miles, 33; James C. Murphy, 36; Drew Alan Phillips, 26, aka “Drew010;” Jeffrey Puglisi, 28, aka “Jeffer,” “Jefferp” and “Ji;” Daniel Sullivan, 22; Tracy Ann Valenzuela, 42; and Christopher Quang Vo, 22. One individual’s name has been withheld by the court."

These guys were literally all over the country. I was wrong in thinking the group was operating out of the U.K., who knows, maybe they are.

They have no "official" twitter account, rather their voice is through @lul_sec or lulsec, which isn't the hacker group known as anonymous, but who did say they "teamed up" with them in their hacktivism/cybervandalism.

The more I read, the more I am sure this is not anonymous, but are probably friends, fans, or just fiends (spelled correctly, yes).

What they got caught for was pretty retarded, and easy to have not made these mistakes, one of the names has been withheld which means it's probably a minor (pimple-popper).

None of the charges say anything about Ddos-ing cia.gov, sony playstation network, but there are some pretty stiff penalties being put in place should these individuals be found guilty.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
so these were the tards from lulzsec...they aren't anonymous...they teamed up...but they definitely don't seem to hold the same ideals

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First thing that popped into my mind when I saw the thread title and the snippets?

Patsies, every last one of em.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh well, I guess we will see if Anon thumps the government back hard. That will tell us if all is lost in the cyber world or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

"One individual’s name has been withheld by the court."

That'd be your informant, I suspect.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Oh well, I guess we will see if Anon thumps the government back hard. That will tell us if all is lost in the cyber world or not.

Who has Anon actually ever successfully taken down?
All I ever see are warnings that they are going after someone and then a report that someone's website was down for about an hour. What are they going to do to the government?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
so these were the tards from lulzsec...they aren't anonymous...they teamed up...but they definitely don't seem to hold the same ideals

Lulzsec in America?

No where did you get that idea?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

HBgary. For one.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

HBgary. For one.

2nd line.

Anon successfully took HBgary down?
When? Does erasing your iPad now equate to taking you down?

Is that all you have? One?
edit on 19-7-2011 by Crapspackle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You asked a question, for your information Anonymous cost HB Gary millions.

Also:

arstechnica.com...

I'm sorry if my reply proved you wrong or was not the reply you were looking for.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

top topics

join