It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space: The Final [Archaeological] Frontier!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The process is slow, and I can tell you that very few archaeologists have the luxury of working on their publishing in the middle of the field season.

The process is indeed slow, it is done that way as to do as little damage as possible during a dig. I remember the first time I witnessed a dig that was being done on a dig from colonial America, I had a whole different insight to just what archeologists really do. Tiny little brushes brushing away at something they had found. Walked by the site probably five different days and I swore they had not moved even 5 feet away from whee I had first saw them.

I personally don't have that kind of patients, but I am glad someone does.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The process is slow, and I can tell you that very few archaeologists have the luxury of working on their publishing in the middle of the field season.

The process is indeed slow, it is done that way as to do as little damage as possible during a dig.
I personally don't have that kind of patients, but I am glad someone does.

Try it some time...you might be surprised. Besides, it's not every site where you are 'digging a hole with a paint brush' as it was once referred to me.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join