It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Parliament questioning of Murdochs continue despite "attack"...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

If someone attacked my friend for example...and i jumped in....i could get done for assault if the person pressed charges.

Nope, not in the UK anyway as long as your intentions were clear and reasonable. When you say "jumped in" I am presuming your intentions are to use "reasonable and reciprocal force" to prevent personal injury to yourself and a third party (the term "friend" is irrelevant). However if the term "jumped in" means you ran in all guns blazing and beat the hell out of the attacker well beyond what would be considered "reasonable" then yes, you could and probably would be charged with assault. Now obviously the term "reasonable" can be open to many interpretations, for example if you witnessed a person being shoved by someone and you stepped between them and physically moved (shoved) the attacker than that is the extent of "reasonable" in this case. If however, you witnessed a person being stabbed and you damn near punched the attackers head off, then that too is "reasonable." The important thing to bear in mind is your own view of the events as they are unfolding, if it is merely a shoving match then your options are limited but if you are trying to protect yourself and the third party from perceived mortal danger then you can do almost anything required to protect yourself and the third party.

Anyway, my apologies for the slightly off-topic post. Just wanted to clear that up. Would also like to add that my post is not intended to be legal advice.

link   
Video of attack

link   
+ meeting ends...

now for the dust to settle...

seeya and good night...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
+ meeting ends...

now for the dust to settle...

seeya and good night...

No way!!

Now we've got Rebekah Brooks

link   
reply to post by blupblup

oh and THANKs blupblup,
appreciate the contribution, for the record...

seeya

link   
Johnny Marbles "foam hacks" murdoch

Class

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Anyone else see the parallels here.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yep, Brooks now. We've just seen the heads of the snake, now we see the snake itself and I don't think she is going to do well.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wendy Murdoch charged for assault... they're calling her the heroin of the hour.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
She stopped a much more serious "attack" apparently.

You know how dangerous shaving foam is right LOL....could kill a man with a plate of that lol

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

thanks OccamAssassin,

gotta love SthPArk,

+ where are BP in the news???

they must have loved Fukunshtme,
and all the war stuff...
+ economy, climate change etc,
ANYTHING to stay OUT of the news...

seeya

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harro
Wendy Murdoch charged for assault... they're calling her the heroin of the hour.

Really?

I shouldn't think so.... it was in defence.

Now I don't like these people and have no real issue with what the guy did, but Wendy should not be charged with anything.... If you run up to attack an 83 year old man, don't be surprised when someone clocks you.

Good on her I say

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What a surprise! Fox news hands over to Sky news after it ended to get a review of the investigation, ALL they are commenting on was the attack.

hmmmmm...convenient!

link   
It wasnt an "attack" ffs.

He put some shaving foam on the guy......thats seen as a joke normally.

Attack:

Take aggressive action against
To set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with

I didnt see that fom Mr Marbles....but i did see that from Mrs M

link   
reply to post by blupblup

thanks again, blupblup,
i didnt realise...there is more,,,
but after 2.30am here, so bed time for me!

seeya later

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
BROOKS IS IN!!!!

No press.....no public.....lets see what stops this part of the show

edit on 19-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The room is empty for Brooks. Amazing.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Attack:

To set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with

How were they to know that in the heat of the moment!? You come running at me with something in your hand and I'm going to smack you one, I don't know that it's a paper plate full of shaving foam. In fact you contradict yourself in your own post! The attacker was "forceful AND hostile" and was rightly perceived that way. That's the last comment I'm making about this.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

Attack:

How were they to know that in the heat of the moment!? You come running at me with something in your hand and I'm going to smack you one, I don't know that it's a paper plate full of shaving foam. In fact you contradict yourself in your own post! The attacker was "forceful AND hostile" and was rightly perceived that way. That's the last comment I'm making about this.

Phew...im glad

Clearly we see it in different ways....he didnt run in....he didnt hide the plate....he walked over and went to put it in his face. You saw the footage right???

What a filthy criminal eh, best lock Mr Marbles up for at least 10 years for such a violent, vicious attack.

Anyways, like you say...thats the last comment i will make also about the "attack" of Mr M.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
for the record ATS has a thread on the whistle-blower death...

see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seeya...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join