It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness monster-like beast filmed in Alaska

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Why are the photo's ALWAYS crap

It's a catch 22. If a photo is bad, skeptics tear it apart for being fuzzy, unclear, bad, out of focus. If a photograph was HD quality, then skeptics would automatically yell, "CGI" or "Photoshop". So outside of a carcass or someone catching an cryptid in a trap or net with MSM present, we will never know.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

I couldn't have expressed it any better myself.
Nothing outside of a carcass will do.

edit on 19-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Somehow I find it amusing that when these experts view the video, they can quite clearly see everything that its not, yet they cant see what it is. A wee bit contradictory. Also its a sea monster at first. Then there's two creatures. And then there's apparently a whole family.

Too me it just look like some kind of sea living animal, like a seal or something. We dont really see more than heads and their wake if his observation that its a family is correct. It does not look like horse heads, the loch ness monster, Godzilla or whatnot.
edit on 19-7-2011 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you trying to say you think it is a swimming horse? No way.

A group of sea lions? Have you ever seen sea lions swimming together? I have. They don't swim all in a line like a family of ducks in a row.

One thing that struck me is this was filmed by a salmon fisherman. They tend to work pretty close to shore at the mouths of rivers. I could see this undulating action being caused by tidal flow against a river current over an obstruction or some kind of shallow bottom feature.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Are you trying to say you think it is a swimming horse?

No.

A group of sea lions?

Or some unknown [yet to be identified sea/lake creature] whose head somewhat "Resembles" a horses/camels head in it's general shape.

Have you ever seen sea lions swimming together?

Yes.

They don't swim all in a line like a family of ducks in a row.

edit on 19-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Like Bigfoot, aliens or any other cryptid... There needs to be a body produced, as in physical tangible irrefutable proof to convince me.

Photos and video are strong evidence but rarely are anything solid. Like the image to me looks just like water rolling on the surface. And grainy imagery never helps the case.

The video footage is of course interesting, as there does seem to be an animal exhaling and breathing on the surface. Could it be a seal blowing air through its nostrils, a pod of smaller whales? Can't say, we see about 3% of something alive on the surface...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

haha, yes, Ogopogo; The main reason why I don't ever enter water deep enough that I can't run quickly out of when I visit Kelowna

Long before Europeans settled in BC, the natives used to throw goats in lake Okanagan before they would cross on canoe. Why? Because they learned from experience that Ogopogo eats people

As for the OP photo, I'm extremely skeptical of. Not because I don't believe in Caddy, but rather because I don't believe in reality television.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. Really only the first comment was directed at your post. My apologies for coming across way more confrontational than intended.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Good point. Reality television is anything but. Although "Deadliest Catch", if you have ever seen it, is a pretty good show, as they go.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Good point. Reality television is anything but. Although "Deadliest Catch", if you have ever seen it, is a pretty good show, as they go.

Yes, I have seen it. Unfortunately, it is nothing more than an old reality TV show that people are bored of and now they've created a new sensationalist show in order to renew contracts with the same "actors".

I really resent the idea that these gung-ho yankees are trying to hunt and kill mythological creatures

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I didn't get the impression they were going to hunt and kill this creature. They may have to capture one to truly prove they exist. That would be bad enough. Come to think of it, I could hardly see them releasing the creature once they had a hold of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Most of what I saw from the witnesses on the show pointed to sturgeon. And the large white fish the brothers were tracking is most likely also a sturgeon.

The video does not look like a sturgeon however.

I'll probably watch it again just for the entertainment factor.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Why are the photo's ALWAYS crap

Because you haven't managed your own expectations?

Good find OP, i think the video is pretty eye opening. It certainly seems to have those cryptozoologists in a twist, but I doubt they get out much

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
How is it possible that in 2011 with HD camera's available at fair prices every time single time we get to see grainy low quality video's. And why on earth is this black and white?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks for the ogopogo documentary. I really enjoyed that. Documentaries back then were so well made, what happened to that art? Nowadays we get to those jesse ventura or ufo hunters style made crap with camera men that can't hold their camera steady, terrible music etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That video just annoyed me... I wanna see some Nessi footage not a group of Santas doing sign language...!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
nice, shaky video. I guess the guy thought he was taping a UFO haha

This is nothing more than a promo for a new show folks

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Seems some sea lions to me and I think thats why it was filmed as such, to give the appearence that it was all one creature.
edit on 20-7-2011 by eyesdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

My grandpa saw what he says was a sea serpent sometime in the 1940's through the 1970's. He joked that since they had had a few beers while fishing that it was just imagined. I can't recall exactly what color he says it was now, but I think he said green or brownish or something. Darn. 20-30 feet long or more and was about a foot wide or something.

He said he saw a UFO too so I'm not sure he can be trusted.
edit on 20-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join