It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My introduction and first posted conspiracy theory....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hello ATS! I am a long time lurker and occasionally comment poster to the site and decided it was time to formally introduce myself and also present my first conspiracy theory.
First of all I am one that, like many these days, am very spiritual but hold no religious allegiance. I have an extremely open mind to all subjects and theories. I've read everything from traditional religious books to the works of Zarcharia Stichen and Erik Von Daniken and everything in between. I won't go into detail about what theories I agree or disagree with here. One thing I do know is the government or someone is keeping a whole lot of information from the masses (sheeple) and the more they try to hide the more we will speculate on what actually is happening.
One last thing I will say before going into my conspiracy is that I have heard the strange noise that some have claimed is a NASA cloud making machine and others have claimed is a UFO. I saw nothing at the time but it lasted for at least a half hour or more and took place around 4:30 am est.
Ok, I look forward to many more discussions with you all .... and this following theory I could not locate on here if anyone else has presented something similar...if so, I apologize for starting another thread on it.

This Theory deals with sports and the possibility that they are rigged, maybe not all the time, but many times, especially the big games. My three examples of this happening center around three major events in the last 10 years.
The first is Sept 11th. Everyone here knows that day by heart. The event caused a huge surge in patriotism in the U.S. and many still fly flags in honor of those lost that day and the days following while deployed at war. It seems that a good way to get more patriotism and to bring a country together you can use a big sporting event to help the people rally around and eventually forget recent events. Following Sept 11th this seemed to happen as the NFL saw the New England "Patriots" (perfect team name for the purpose) seemingly came out of no where with a little known quaterback and beat the "Greatest Show on Earth" (Rams) to win the Superbowl. Americans across the country cheered....I thought it was ironic at the time.
Then years later we see New Orleans get almost wiped off the map by Hurricane Katrina. Another event we are all familiar with. Also another chance to use sports to bring life back into the community and maybe even some money. Low and behold in the year following Katrina the NFL and the country watched the New Orleans Saints take home the Super Bowl win. After all the bad press about the super dome it was a great way to make it look like a good place to be instead of a horrible FEMA camp.
Finally we come to a more recent event in the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan. Throw on top of that the Fukishima issues and it was obvious that Japan could use a rally of some sort to help the people cheer for a change. Enter the Woman's World Cup where a Japan team that held a less than stellar record and were 0-4 against the USA but they somehow over came all that and took home the Golden Globe and a win that the world could witness and also cheer for even though their team didn't win.

Now those three examples could be coincidence or just players going all out and winning with a purpose and they may be just that, but I have gut feeling that there is a lot more involved in situations like this. This is just my theory and I thank you all for letting me share it and look forward to the following responses no matter what side of the debate you choose!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I remember thinking the same thing. Though it may or may not be a conscious conspiracy. I believe it has everything to do with the referees. Besides they are only human. If anything, it is probably group think, or mob mentality.

Maybe the refs, in their subconscious minds, were wanting these mentioned teams to win... And thus, judged the games accordingly. The fans and commentators just fell in line with how the game was unfolding.

Could be a conspiracy, could be mental.

It would be nice to be able to watch the NFL games again, not being consumed by emotions, and really pay attention to the calls. Just to see if they were many that were too close, or if they judged one team a little stricter than the other.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah... I don't know if it's planned or just coincidence either. I tend to believe that pretty much everything is a conspiracy so I'd be willing to say they were rigged... just like elections are

Then again, I am a Patriots fan and my loyalty to the team tells me they won because of their talent.

I thought for sure the NY Yankees would win the world series in 2001, because they needed to rally the people in NY after the attack. But they lost...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FedSen

If this was the case then the Yankees would've won the series in '01 (Damn you, Diamondbacks!!).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Mob mentality is a great possibility. We all know what happened in Japan and you can't help but feel bad...that may trickle onto the field and cause a change in how some play or call a game. Think I'll go research more on the mob mentality angle and see what I can find.....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

For this and the previous post....my only thought on the Yankees not winning the World Series is that they had won the previous two or three (I think three) prior to 9/11 and maybe TPTB thought it wouldn't carry as much weight in boosting the countries moral (lot of Yankee haters out there) as a team like the Patriots winning.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

I understand where your coming from Wetpaint72 but surly as in any other sport referees are monitored and a points system applies to them to, As for the OP you might be on to something there, Same time as the then Conservative government in the UK started a fight with the then Argentinian Junta known as the Falklands conflict, Much waving of flags and the such, We won (just) and the Conservative government was reelected back in again..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and a very interesting theory you have here. However I think it would be very hard to rig big games between different countries, I doubt any team would purposely lose...unless perhaps a huge amount of money were in it for them.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe it was positive energy that hoisted those teams to fame. Just a thought!
2nd

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Huge money or some other political motivations....I dunno what it would take pull this off between countries but I believe it can and has happened. Wish I knew someone personally involved in these matches to gauge the feelings on the field of how things were happening.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The Truth Is Out There

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

Great video link....first time I've seen this! Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

NASA cloud making machine

You are seriously kidding right?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

Nope ..... there are various threads on it, do a search...here is one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Your worst suspicions cant cover half the corruption i think.
The amount of control that big money has is unbelievable.
They have the power to control the lives of senators and preidents, do you think they cannot corrupt a few refs or players like Maridonna who could(anddid ) fix a soccer game all by himself....thats how good a player he was.....
Anyway yes theres got to be some kind of fixing going on maybe not all the time, but when needed...there it is,,

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And outside the USA you have the Canterbury Crusaders & the Queensland reds in the super 15 Rugby Final a couple of weeks ago.

The Crusaders are based in Christchurch, which got hammered by an Earthquake in February - their hoem stadium was damaged & they never played a game there.

the Reds are based in Brisbane - which suffered massive floods (along with much of surrounding Queensland) early this year too.

As for NASA's "rain making machine" - that would be the Stennis Space Centre where they test rocket engines - and what do you think the exhaust product is of an engine that burnd oxygen and hydrogen??
??

with the demise of the space shuttle NASA's main "rain making" engines are actually no longer being used at all - seems the chemtrail/weather modification crowd are succeeding?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FedSen

If the Yankees won the 2001 World Series, then I might agree with you.

Anyway, welcome to ATS. It is good to have you here.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by FedSen

If the Yankees won the 2001 World Series, then I might agree with you.

Anyway, welcome to ATS. It is good to have you here.
Oh well...just to keep the conspiracy going, what if new York lost for the reason for sending the troops into Iraq! Now that make sence in a conspiratorial fashion.

The towers were brought to the ground and the Yankees lost...let's make them pay!

top topics

join