It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery as UFO Footage Emerges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The only thing about a reflected light source is that the videoman, saw the 'thing' first and then filmed it, but if it is a reflected light source and out of focus at one stage, it would be easy to think that it is anything except genuine, in other words a hoax. The horizontal movement should also need to be considered as it would be a considerable distance from one point to another.

One alternative could be someone messing around with a laser show, it would explain the lengthy lateral movement in the sky, and you only need some moisture in the atmosphere for it to work to some degree.

I might also explain the pattern or shape, I think there is a standard kit of shapes and effects for these things.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Pretty cool stuff, but once again we have someone shooting video that has no clue how to shoot video . . . or someone trying to cover up a hoax job (with bad video work).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree with it being a close, reflected light source -- a ceiling light -- filmed through a window.
When the camera "zooms in," it goes blurry and diamond shaped, matching the aperture of the camera.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I agree it seems like a reflection of something close to the camera.

Though what's interesting about it (for me) is that I was filming the sky one afternoon (about 10 years ago), and for a split second on tape, as I panned the camera across the clouds I saw a diamond shape identical to the one in this footage, that appeared to have about 5 or 6 smaller white balls lined up inside it. I was paying attention to another object at the time and didn't see either till viewing afterwards. I loaned the VHS tape to someone and never got it back.

This white ball sat in the sky for at least an hour till I got fed up watching.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

is it just me, or does mainlinethis remind one of ignorethefacts or mrpenny?

seeker

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

The reflection seems to interact very well with the clouds, it even appears to go behind them at times.

It's likely a hoax, but it's not a reflection. The diamond shape as often seen is mostly noticeable at extreme 'zoom'
The diamond shape seen here is not the same, and is present at different stages of zoom and if anything it looks like a piece of the background sky 'cut out' an reintroduced to the video. It could be something completely different, but it is not a 'live' reflection.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by newcovenant

Yes I do, and that has nothing to do with this thread. Sorry you don't understand the basic concept of trying to stay on topic in your effort to cry and whine when someone posts something that your too ignorant to understand.

Right away nasty...I was honestly asking. I think you are full of it.
You got proof? Show it or your lying.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

you seem like you know so much about this...so how about you PROVE it fake instead of just saying "blah blah it's fake blah blah"...or is your word god?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This site's motto is 'deny ignorance'. It isn't 'deny bliss'. People can still enjoy bliss without being ignorant.

So all you supporters of obvious fake UFO videos why don't you be honest with yourselves and do us all a favour. When you really feel like you've found something then by all means bring it to the table. Not this nonsense.

Now I've finished ranting I'll add my 2c because no doubt I'll get a 'well then back it up' response. It's simple...

If it looks flat- then it is.
If it moves like it's programmed/automated- then it is.

There's no need to know how it was done. It was done poorly.

PTX

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Definitely does not look like a cloud. Apart from its color, it clearly stands out from the rest of the clouds because it is moving unnaturally and it has a perfect diamond shape. Man people attempt to excuse and explain things away with the worst explanations, I'm very surprised you are able to convince yourself that, that is indeed a cloud. Fear of the truth is a very serious thing plaguing people these days. They will deny anything no matter how clear and evident by inserting some trite explanation in order to continue being blind. Skepticism is not denying all evidence that points to you being wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I know exactly what it is. It is an "extra-dimensional" portal through which we can be observed. Not a hoax, not cgi, it just is what it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well I don't know what to say about that really. Out of all the so called pieces of UFO footage I have seen, I have never seen anything like this before.

Now I am not a technical wizard or anything, and I know next to nothing about CGI, photoshop, or anything like that, but I think that the movement of the object to be strange in the way it seems to move. When I first saw the video and watched the image of the cloud like craft, I straight away thought that the way it moved around the screen was not too dissimilar to the way a cursor moves around on the PC monitor. It's as if someone has replaced the cursor with the cut out of a diamond shaped cloud and is moving it about as if it was a cursor around the screen.

As for the diamond shaped cloud moving behind the other cloud and appearing to be more of a solid object, that's where it gets confusing.

The other thing which people are always banging on about is the filming of videos. Why do people shake so much when filming anything. People film footage of weddings, birthdays and general day to day life and get near perfect pictures, but when they start to film something such as an alien craft up in the sky, it's as if they are in the middle of an earthquake. The crazy thing with this piece of film is the fact that the person doing the filming is inside the house and away from all the natural elements that can toss him about like an Autumn leaf falling from a tree, but still he cannot keep his balance.........

I normally have an open mind when confronted with so called UFO footage, but on this occasion I feel the word fake spring to mind quite instantly. Although, I am intrigued as to the craft in question looking the way that it looks. If it is real, then it is very different, but if it is a fake, then it is at least an attempt of something very different and out of the ordinary. So full marks for the attempt at something quite unique..................

Interesting though............

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
One thing I like, the guy gives his full name, it states where he lives,
He is not claiming it is ET, He just wants to know if anyone else has noticed these things since he has seen them more than once.
Normally the fakers won't release their names, the hoaxers will give it to some clown that posts the vid on youtube

However this cloud or light, it looks like a crude lens reflection or projection if it's up in the clouds. So let's say it's real, it looks like it could be a lens artifact projection then say when the light is focused it becomes smaller and more bright which it seemed to do. Then the light becomes out of focus going back to the diamond shape.

Maybe someone trying to do a crude version of 3d hologram? We know this technology is out there and is being worked on. But this seems even crude for what we have now in projection 3d holograms.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That seems a reasonable explanation. You can get diamond shaped bokeh due to the shape of some apertures. For instance:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Well I don't know what to say about that really. Out of all the so called pieces of UFO footage I have seen, I have never seen anything like this before.

Me neither. I think it is genuine

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

What surface is it reflecting off of or projecting on to?

It's not against the clouds like Batman's signal

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by davethebear

Me neither. I think it is genuine

So RUSSO,

You deem this footage to be the real thing? Well I certainly cannot argue with that.

I can honestly say that due to not ever seeing anything like that concerning UFO craft, before, ever, it seems to stand out from everything else I have seen. I think the reason people may see it as a fake is due to its originality and appearance. We are quick to dismiss fraudulent footage because they sometimes try too hard to give it the appearance of a saucer shaped object. But who in their right mind would release this footage to the masses when it certainly doesn't qualify or ring true with anything anybody has ever seen before, without trying to look an idiot.

Even the way it moves puzzles me, and when it goes behind the clouds that is even more interesting because it seems to take on a kind of solid form. It's as if it is being cloaked or masked to appear similar to its surroundings.

But the more I think about it, the more I like what I am seeing, although I am waiting for the hoards of ATS members to rip it apart. But saying that, I am very interested to hear and see what others present to this thread.

Let's see what becomes of this, because I too want it to be the real McCoy........

Probably one of the most interesting UFO films for a long time, plus it was filmed a few years ago as well, which is something else I like about it. There has been so many fake UFO films recently it was getting beyond a joke.....

Please be real, please be real.............................

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This is just strange and rare, but not impossible and it doesnt have to do anything with UFOs or aliens.
Actualy if yu dispoze image to the right power and frequency of the light, yu can see that there is a lighter cloud mass in and out of this Diamond.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've now watched the video several times, and I'm even more convinced that the "UFO" is in fact just a small light source, probably reflected in the glass of the videographers window.

The diamond effect, as explained earlier, happens in camcorders when a pinpoint light source goes out of focus.

To demonstrate the diamond-like effect of a small, out of focus light source, I'd like to introduce the following "UFO" video from youtube. (The video owner has even mistakenly said that it is not out of focus, but you can clearly see the building and light source go in and out of focus several times)

The video shows a small, bright light source. (In this case up in the sky.)
As the videographer zooms in/out, his video camera re-focuses, and the pinpoint of light appears to change size & shape as it goes out of focus.
Watch particularly around the 28 sec mark, when the out of focus pinpoint of light changes to a transparent diamond shape!

Now where have we seen that before?

This is a low res. still of the pinpoint of light from the video I linked to:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3954bf7fdf57.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the same light source, but out of focus (at about 28 secs into the video);

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/902fe3150477.jpg[/atsimg]

The sideways movement of the "diamond" in the video in the OP is probably down to small movements of the light source in the room, e.g. a swinging crystal pendant catching the sunlight?

I hope this clears up what I was trying to describe earlier.

regards

GTD

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

What surface is it reflecting off of or projecting on to?

It's not against the clouds like Batman's signal

i don't know? If the video is legit what do you think the surface would be?

some may say Strontium Barium Niobate = from chem trails

but the image was seen close by the clouds, and we know clouds build up don't they?
How do they build up? Magic maybe?
clouds build from water droplets and ice crystals, the dropletes of water are measured by grains and we can see a grain of water by itself, so maybe the cloud has a unseen aura because the grains of water are not condensed enough but they are there, maybe enough to project something on them.
The thing is,
I don't know, but I do know I get pretty bored with the same old junk and nonsense being put out.
This one I took as what if it's real.

So what if it's real, but not ET explain it the best you can.
That is all I am trying to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join