It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another SOS plea from Fukushima prefecture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A very heartfelt plea from City Councilor in Minamisoma, 30km from Fukushima plant.

Government forcing residents back into these contaminated areas with little or no protection and making them clean up the contamination with no assistance and no data on their real safety! Criminal acts are being perpetrated in Japan on Japanese! This is a true shame on Japan.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I respect the Japanese people so much, I had the honor to live with them for two years in Okinawa. The fact that they wont admit how bad this is, and how they are making people return, it reminds me of Unit 731 just throwing human life away for the sake of research. I just hope these people get the real help they need. Because their Gov't is failing them in a supremely horrible way.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

He's asking the government to make detailed measurements of the radioactivity in the area before asking residents to return. It sounds like a reasonable request.

But I wonder if he's aware of these fallout maps?

blog.energy.gov... May 13 2011 Joint US Japan Aerial Measuring Data

However until they get the tents up to stop the ongoing contamination from leaking radioactive steam, these maps can change. But as of that survey, it looks like the worst part of the fallout missed his town, doesn't it?

But with changing wind directions and radiation still leaking, I wouldn't feel safe there either without ongoing monitoring. Another valid point he made is that their water could become contaminated to the extent it comes from the nearby areas which are more radioactive (like the red zone on the map).
edit on 19-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Given the JapGov's and Tepco's track record on this crisis I won't blame the Japanese people for feeling like any government funded survey might be suspect at this point. Also there are many hotspots where radiation spikes far exceed standard minimums and right next to it might be an area that has relatively low levels. These areas are very unpredictable.

Radiation hotspots 200km outside evac zone

He does make a good point about the water, and there is also the food to consider. The fact that the JapGov is expecting residents to somehow clean up the contamination themselves is ridiculous and criminal in my view. These people have little to no safety equipment, aren't being given any data, monitoring of rad levels is not occurring and they are being sent back in to their contaminated homes, supposedly to live and die there.

The world is sitting by and letting this happen while those controlling the information are committing a genocide on their own people that will continue to kill for decades if not centuries. I do not know what has driven Japan insane, but they clearly are (at least TPTB are). Could they really be sacrificing their population for a continued Nuke program, or trying to save-face or both? Well it won't work, the truth has a way of surfacing - eventually. This is a great shame on their leaders that will blight Japan in the next years.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Wertwog because: added link

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately the people in power are all pretty elderly, by the time the full details emerge about what has actually happened and the genetic damage becomes obvious these people committing this atrocity will be dead and beyond punishment

edit on 19/7/11 by yellowbeard because: correcting grammar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
Unfortunately the people in power are all pretty elderly, by the time the full details emerge about what has actually happened and the genetic damage becomes obvious these people committing this atrocity will be dead and beyond punishment

edit on 19/7/11 by yellowbeard because: correcting grammar

ggrrr. I wish you weren't right but you probably are!

top topics

join