It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolt in Syria Takes A Dangerous Turn - 30 left dead in sectarian attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
news.scotsman.com...

THE discovery of three corpses with their eyes gouged fanned a sectarian killing spree in Syria yesterday that left a reported 30 people dead in a chilling sign that the revolt against President Bashar al-Assad is splitting the country along religious lines

From what I understand from this article, there are 2 "sects" in Syria that now hate eachother, the Alawite and Sunni muslims, and most of Syria is Sunni muslim I think.

If some of the history I remember is correct, things tend to get extremely bloodly when a country splits on religion.

Homs-based activist Mohammad Saleh said the violence began at the weekend after the corpses of three Alawite government supporters were found with their eyes gouged out. The men had gone missing two days earlier. On Sunday, six bodies from various sects were found in the city, apparently in revenge attacks

Is it possible these attacks will spark a massive religion vs religion civil war? Hopefully not, but with the way things are in Syria right now, I dont know.

new topics

join