It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Afraid of Death?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Did you post the same thing here: www.qatarliving.com...

Or did you see it and think....ooooh that will get me stars and flags haha.

Im going to alert the mods....purely because the person who authored the topic always signs out by saying " chairman of the bored "....you dont say that....so i think you nicked it

edit on 19-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Reading thru the forum, I see lot of people saying the same thing. They are afraid of being unaware, or of not being themselves any more, or of the nothingness the for some reason believe accompanies death. I don't think any of that happens. Scientifically, energy cannot be destroyed but only changes form. Quantum physics says that we are all quantum entangled. I know that is a jump, but follow me for a minute. Starting with the big bang, everything was one thing. Big BANG! Now that one thing is everything. Your energy is quantum entangled with EVERYTHING that exists. Your energy, your identity, individuated from all of that and yet you fear that death will make it go away? Some people have said that they fear death will make them be alone. You are never alone. Even when you are by yourself, you are not alone. You are a drop in the ocean of life, but that ocean would not exist without the individual drops. I have read some that said they don't remember what happened to them before being born, most don't- hell I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. That doesn't mean I didn't eat. Just because we don't remember did not mean we had no existence. Chill people, it's going to be alright.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by athenegoddess

I'm not afraid of the act of dying, it's the idea about simply not being around that terrifies me.

I do however, believe that there is life after death.

I have to say that what you have wrote is very paradoxical.
If you believe in the after death concept then why are you afraid of loosing what is now for you.
The fundamental aspect of life in the contest of eternity of the soul, is that your journey here in this life is part of many, so man can reach the source.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nope, I don't fear death at all. I fear what may be the method of my dying. Fire, cancer, something slow and painful, yeah, that scares the heck out of me. Being dead? No. I already promised my sons I would let them know I was ok!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Animals go about their everyday lives...unaware that they will die.

Perhaps our knowing we will die is what seperates us from them

Personaly I believe there is an afterlife ...If not ,..well it wont matter will it ?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

For over 6 years I had nightmares every single night, all night long (not an exaggeration)... and in every one of them I was dead at 26. I spent that time figuring out what I wanted from life. And finally accepted death. The nightmares stopped after I got my divorce at 24, but I still honestly believed I would be dead by now. I'm 28. I celebrated my 26th birthday very happy. I'm not afraid of dying, but I don't have a death wish. Fear of torture is one thing... prolonged pain. But death? Death is quick. And not something we can avoid. I don't seek it out of course -- but death will eventually find us. I'm not religious - at all. However I do believe in a higher power. So, I figure as long as I do the best I can and not hurt others... I'm fine. And I've lived a very fulfilling and happy life. I make sure I tell everyone I love that I love them every day. As a sports and injury Massage Therapist, I get to help relieve pain every day. My life is pretty satisfying. So no... I'm not afraid of death.
edit on 19-7-2011 by CeeRZ because: spelling

edit on 19-7-2011 by CeeRZ because: grammar

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bring it on - I never wanted to be here anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

You will also be serve...
Life is a restaurant that is attentive to all guest.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I used to be terrified of death so much that I would get panic attacks over it. I'm not too concerned at all anymore.

If there is no afterlife at all, I won't be around to feel sadness or dread after I die. Spending my only life worrying about that is pretty stupid.

If the Christians are right and I end up in Hell, the anguish that I would feel there would be no different than the kind all humans have felt on Earth.

If the afterlife is something completely different, why even worry in the first place? Who's to say suffering of any kind can be felt in some other dimension/universe?

Modern cultures are repressing death way too much. We have an abstract phobia of the unknown. I doubt people even 200 years ago had much of a fear of death at all since they were exposed to public hangings and combat so often. There wasn't much attention spent to the "unknown" side of death. The thought of death probably just brought a trivial connotation to mind. I doubt there was a huge emotional response to the word like there is today.

The way most people come to terms with death is to "immortalize" yourself in a sense by making history. Personally, the thought of leaving some kind of mark behind on Earth eases my angst toward death a little bit. Be it a monument, recognition in history books, or my music being listened to long after I'm dead. It would be like a part of me is still alive.
edit on 7/19/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I died when I was twelve, there was no pain, only peace and a feeling of NOT feeling, almost a numbness that took over the whole body.

With that being said, I fear it for my children.
I would hate to leave them when they are so small......

It was that experience that eventually led me to nursing....Now I work with the dying everyday and consider myself a type of earthly psychopomp.....to look into a patients eyes while they are dying and to help them cross over without fear is my goal.(if they are terminal) www.psychopomps.org...

Do not be afraid of death itself.....It is a transition.

A Quote from the movie Avatar: "Energy runs through all living networks. All energy is borrowed and one day you have to give it back."

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why fear something that you (in this experience) have no control of? Your body will die how and when it's suppose to happen.......not one second before and not one second later. You already know the when and where and how it will happen.....you just don't remember.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Someone stole my thread and posted it there. WTF? I did not post that.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Am I afraid of death? - No

Why? - I've faced it four times.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Well, thats apart of the mystery. I currently identify my spiritual self with my physical self and the subject of death is suppressed in our civilization so it's my goal to have a clear understanding of what death truly is. I just bought 'The Secret Doctrine' yesterday, hopefully all my questions will be answered. I'm sure they will.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I stopped being afraid of death when i saw this documentary Ambres It just simply made me calm the fudge down a notch. I don't believe much in mediums and channeling - but when you don't actually want to be one and still get your body supposedly taken over by a 3000 year old highly philosophical soul? Anyways, only lasts for an hour. Worth watching it if you are afraid of death.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Like they say there is nothing to fear but fear it's self.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The sooner, the better.
Depressing, sure. But it's my opinion.
Just don't want my parents to see me die.
Otherwise, the guilt of my parents seeing me dead has been the only thing i've found to show me that life's worth living.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was never afraid of dying normally. My fear of death is coming from what will happen in the next few months. I know enough astrology to determine manners of death and mine was meant to be when I was old and in my bed; peaceful. But, now that the planets are about to be scrambled about... I can expect everything to crumble around us as well. So what I'm afraid of is this apocalypse and the manner it will take my life. I'm afraid of being hit by something... or washed over by a massive tsunami. But I'm most afraid of falling into the earth below me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am not afraid of death. Being 38 years old I have already lost not only a son but many others whom I loved dearly.

With each experience I learned from them. I learned not to be afraid of that which awaits us all.

Jesus (yep I said His name) 1st coming was to show us that death of the body does not mean death of the energy from which we came from. Thats a lesson from Him we can all take into account. If you do not believe in Jesus then take into the many accounts of those who have died and come back to tell a story. Their account....should....account for something.

There is nothing to fear. Heavens await us all and there is where we will find Life. We are mere vessels and heavy hearted ones at that.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I believe people experience death every night when you go to sleep. You don't remember going to sleep and you don't know that you are sleeping. So I figure death is a lot like falling asleep.

Thus I'm not afraid of "death" I'm only afraid of the extreme pain that might happen before I get there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join