It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China executes 2 former officials for bribery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BEIJING (AP) — Two former vice majors in eastern China who were convicted of bribery have been executed.

Xu of Hangzhou city in Zhejiang province was convicted of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power and sentenced to death in May.

Jiang of Suzhou city in Jiangsu province was convicted of bribery and sentenced to death in 2008.

I just have to say...wow! I never would of thought the Chinese government would be executing members their own government. I guess they take the rule of law to their politicians to.......Then again, maybe these officials were going against the official government line. I just never know with China....

I did a quick search here on ATS and found this thread from January this year.

China Promises To Kill The Rich

From the article in that thread

The Chinese government is publically threatening to execute corrupt judges, as well as members of the security services, who are caught taking bribes. The government leadership is getting desperate about stopping the growing public anger against corrupt officials, and the threat of rebellion, or just widespread unrest, that it implies.

Is China really getting serious with their own government?? Or, are they doing away with officials who dont agree with the rest?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

China does not F around! I guess thats how you rule with an iron fist.

I want to see justice brought to our lands but I don't agree with killing.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
That's awesome we need that in America.

Fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Hmmmmm............so these guys embezzled and took bribes............

Must have not passed on some of the take, or enough of the take, to people in higher levels of government.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I wonder if the bribery, embezzelment, abuse, whatever, were meant to improve the conditions of the people and situations of the country. Then again, we will never "truly" know the intentions behind these "bad behaviors". Perhaps that is what America, nay, the whole worlds needs --- swift justice, execution style.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
That's awesome we need that in America.

Fact.

Agreed. I'd like to see this type of action taken out on scumbag CEO's and their ilk, the ones who steal from the public and get away with it. The laws cater to the criminal more so than the victims these days. The world could use more Dirty Harry's too.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
China uses slave labor, so "offing" a couple recalcitrant functionaries is no big deal. Really.

Made in China ... with Slaves

edit on 19-7-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join