It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
All I can say is I knew it was going to be a great episode
once Walt started doing doughnuts in the parking lot.
What a great episode the season is finally starting to pick up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think the writers were kinda at a loss about what to do with the Walt vs. Gus thing. But it looks like this meth cartel war might take care of Gus for Walt. I think the show kinda needed to slow down a bit for a while. Walt needed to feel ineffectual again now he wants to be on top again.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why in the world did Jesse not tell Walt about the meeting that was canceled? I think Mike got to Jesse. Who Jesse is loyal to is now about to change.
edit on 9-7-2011 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaymp
Why in the world did Jesse not tell Walt about the meeting that was canceled? I think Mike got to Jesse. Who Jesse is loyal to is now about to change.
edit on 9-7-2011 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

Well yeah obviously, Walt is crazy right now and Gus has given Jessie a purpose for living. He made him believe in himself again. I wouldn't tell Walt anything either all he has done is manipulate and talk down to Jessie lately.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Has any show ever had such an amazing series of episode endings? It seems like at least half the episodes this season has crazy endings. The mass poisoning, the fight, the flashback, Walt laughing, the box cutter. Things are coming down hard.

If you would've asked me where I thought this season was going I would've never guessed it was to where we are now.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaulGoodman
Has any show ever had such an amazing series of episode endings? It seems like at least half the episodes this season has crazy endings. The mass poisoning, the fight, the flashback, Walt laughing, the box cutter. Things are coming down hard.

If you would've asked me where I thought this season was going I would've never guessed it was to where we are now.

Agreed the ending to this episode was so powerful.
I knew Skyler's dealing with the IRS was going to go sour
but I didn't quite expect this.
Also Gus has really developed this season.
Underneath his polite and professional appearance
is a cold blooded Killer.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

is a cold blooded Killer.

I am glad they've put some reasoning behind it though. He isn't just the Machiavelli of meth he was doing those things to get back at the Salamanca's. I say this every week but I really can't imagine where the series is going now. Especially with the final season yet to come.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
For the final 5 minutes or so of the last episode I was basically just sitting there in silence, eyes wide mouth open like "Wow!" That was some of the finest acting I have ever seen on television, reminded me of Goodfellas when Henry finds out Karen flushed the coke...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
For the final 5 minutes or so of the last episode I was basically just sitting there in silence, eyes wide mouth open like "Wow!" That was some of the finest acting I have ever seen on television, reminded me of Goodfellas when Henry finds out Karen flushed the coke...

"Aww Ka-ren. They wouldn't of found it! Ka-ren!" one of my favorite scenes.

My reaction was about the same. Just when you thought S#$% couldn't get anymore real.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hank knows. There's no way he doesn't. However, with last night's episode putting Hank in a neck brace, I think Hank's patience for how much this bust is costing him could sincerely rupture. However, I don't know whether Hank realizes that the funds for his rehabilitation have come from Walt's venture. Were Walt to bust Hank, there goes his rehabilitation, and there goes his wife to jail.

Watch - she's going to be the unlikely lynchpin determining Hank's freedom.

On a lighter note, it was disappointing to see that, despite being a cast member of an amazing series, Schyler felt the need to have her face's labiofacial folds and lips injected. She looks like a duck. And she was perfectly beautiful before. I've always hated her character, and now I'm down for her ritualistic sacrifice by Gus.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

She has always looked like a duck and honestly I see the that kind of ridiculous vanity as just an extension of her character. Though I must give her props for her more cutthroat actions this season.

I'm interested to find out what a truly unhinged Walt will be like. As for Gus I think his days are numbered despite all his precautions. Glad to see Walt Jr. is getting more screen time, we will have to see what effect this has on him.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was thinking last night that this past episode would be an awesome place to end the series. I still want more, I need to know how this plays out, but still it would be incredible to end with the hammer just about to drop. Not a lot of closure, but knowing that Walt finally ran his mouth too far, then tried to do a good thing for the first time this season by tipping off the DEA, then his plans to save his family are shattered by something he had no control over. It's so unbelievably tremendous.

reply to post by chasingbrahman

I don't think Hank knows. Hank's a good cop, but he's also pretty arrogant and ruled by his emotions. Hank sees Walt as a very meek person. That opinion has changed a little bit, but not much. To Hank all of Walt's nervousness at playing detective is because Walt is just a frightened nerd playing with the big boys. The story Walt is using is he won his money through blackjack. That might not be the Walt Hank knows, but it makes sense because he had a system, he used his brain to do it. Hank underestimates Walt too much to know.

Either way, I can't wait for the next two episodes. I don't know if I ever gotten so much foreboding just from seeing episode titles.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

I didn't think she looked like a duck before. Actually, I didn't realize how pretty she once was until I saw a photo snapped of her at the Emmy's. I guess she's such a great actress (I can't take that away from her) she convinced me she was just as aestetically nasty as she was behaviorally. And I never forgave her for her birthday present to Walter in the first episode. I was so offended, and I'm a woman. And now she's a duck so we're even.

I'm happy Walt Jr. is appearing more also. I think his very existence has been what's [fleetingly] kept Walt's feet on the ground. He gets around that kid and can't help but get real. Like Hank, I think he knows something has been awry for ages. But I don't think he understands its extent. Every good plot has someone functioning as its conscience, and I believe he indirectly serves that purpose. It's also partially to blame for Walt having enough of his humanity left to feel tormented. It's what will keep him alive.

I'm waiting for Schuyler to suspect Hank's knowledge of the whole fiasco, and sabotage his efforts by sending her sister over the edge to jail or a psyche ward.

I've often wondered if the inception of this series' writing followed a trajectory similar to wondering what would happen if a genius science geek and street-wise ex-junkie ended up inheriting an entire underworld by accident.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
reply to post by FEDec

I didn't think she looked like a duck before. Actually, I didn't realize how pretty she once was until I saw a photo snapped of her at the Emmy's. I guess she's such a great actress (I can't take that away from her) she convinced me she was just as aestetically nasty as she was behaviorally. And I never forgave her for her birthday present to Walter in the first episode. I was so offended, and I'm a woman. And now she's a duck so we're even.

I'm happy Walt Jr. is appearing more also. I think his very existence has been what's [fleetingly] kept Walt's feet on the ground. He gets around that kid and can't help but get real. Like Hank, I think he knows something has been awry for ages. But I don't think he understands its extent. Every good plot has someone functioning as its conscience, and I believe he indirectly serves that purpose. It's also partially to blame for Walt having enough of his humanity left to feel tormented. It's what will keep him alive.

I'm waiting for Schuyler to suspect Hank's knowledge of the whole fiasco, and sabotage his efforts by sending her sister over the edge to jail or a psyche ward.

I've often wondered if the inception of this series' writing followed a trajectory similar to wondering what would happen if a genius science geek and street-wise ex-junkie ended up inheriting an entire underworld by accident.

Ok so after going back to watch the pilot I do have to admit she looks more like a duck now. However I stick to my notion that plastic surgery or botox or whatever is totally within Skyler's realm of blissfully ignorant vanity.

I could actually see Jessie and Walt becoming top dogs for a while. Or perhaps more likely considering the current situation Jessie being top dog and Walt working with even seedier people to get back at Jessie for taking his recipe.

At the moment though even with the relationship strained as it is Jessie is a major ace in the hole for Walt. Gus and Mike owe him their lives and I tell you one thing even if I was as high up as Gus I still wouldn't want to make an enemy of Mike. Since even last season we can see Mike is tired of this business and growing disillusioned with Gus.

Now that Gus doesn't have any support from south of the border and an already thinned out rank and file from the skirmishes with the cartel. I think Gus is definitely on his way out. That is going to leave on hell of a power vacuum we'll just have to see who fills it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
I could actually see Jessie and Walt becoming top dogs for a while. Or perhaps more likely considering the current situation Jessie being top dog and Walt working with even seedier people to get back at Jessie for taking his recipe.

At the moment though even with the relationship strained as it is Jessie is a major ace in the hole for Walt. Gus and Mike owe him their lives and I tell you one thing even if I was as high up as Gus I still wouldn't want to make an enemy of Mike. Since even last season we can see Mike is tired of this business and growing disillusioned with Gus.

Now that Gus doesn't have any support from south of the border and an already thinned out rank and file from the skirmishes with the cartel. I think Gus is definitely on his way out. That is going to leave on hell of a power vacuum we'll just have to see who fills it.

Gus owes Jesse his life, but Gus is also incredibly ruthless. Mike seems to be his right-hand man, but there was only one doctor waiting in that tent. Gus has enough money that he could have had two or three doctors standing by just in case. Maybe Gus still need the blue recipe from Jesse, but after that he's disposable and a lot of trouble. But I agree, Gus isn't going to last much longer.

I think Mike will be the key for the next season. He knows a lot about the operation, the methods, the locations, the supply lines. The only hitch would be, Mike can take over the meth business, but he can't just take all of Gus' legitimate (money laundering, meth concealing) businesses.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

You make a good point. And it has me wondering how long Mike and Jesse will put up with the live wire that Gus is. Gus absolutely could have afforded three doctors. He was obviously aware that all of them were in danger. Jesse may in fact be smarter than we all suspect, and although he's realized Gus has to go, he also knows that with Gus goes Pollo Hermanos, the cleaning business and all the henchmen. They'd have no cover for such an industrial operation.

I think, were Walt and Jesse to reunite their efforts, it will only be once Jesse realizes how expendable he is to Gus. Given the dangers he's been exposed to (far outweighing any hot water Walt ever got him into), I'd imagine his sense of entitlement may be justifiably rampant. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll get back together. And there's always that possibility that Jesse may require Walt's knowledge due to a chemical's shortage or delayed arrival.

I have a question about the last episode: Gus conveyed to Walt that there were conditions to his survival, such as staying away from Jesse. What condition is Walt convinced he won't be able to follow, given his certainty that his time is almost up?

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how Walter may get out of hot water this time? My guess is that this is when Hank becomes involved.

BTW, Ted vs. the carpet felt like dessert in a sweaty stressful episode. I can't stop playing it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is the teaser for next episode but like other posters have said you really can't predict what will happen next
a lot of the teasers are misleading.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

I have a question about the last episode: Gus conveyed to Walt that there were conditions to his survival, such as staying away from Jesse. What condition is Walt convinced he won't be able to follow, given his certainty that his time is almost up?

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how Walter may get out of hot water this time? My guess is that this is when Hank becomes involved.

BTW, Ted vs. the carpet felt like dessert in a sweaty stressful episode. I can't stop playing it.

From what I saw and remember, Gus tells him to stay away from Jesse. Walt being Walt says, "Or else what?" causing Gus to threaten to kill everyone. Then Gus mentions that he (Gus) has to kill Hank and that if Walt tries to get in the way then his whole family will be killed. Walt has Saul tip off the DEA because he doesn't want Hank's blood on his hands. Gus will know it all came from Walt and that's why he thinks he's screwed.

All the stuff with Ted and Saul's hired goons was hilarious.

It would make sense for Walt to go to Hank and/or the DEA if they want to make it out alive. But looking at the title for the last episode of the season, I think it's going to be a little more dramatic than that. If they do go to Hank things are going to get really interesting. When people find out that Hank had a major meth manufacturer under his nose for a year or so and never realized it he'll be a laughingstock. I like Hank, but I kind of want to see what the show does with a revelation like that.

Maybe, Hank will try to juke the evidence to point away from Walt, saving them both, but things don't work out cleanly on this show.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Originally posted by TopherWayne

"Aww Ka-ren. They wouldn't of found it! Ka-ren!" one of my favorite scenes.

My reaction was about the same. Just when you thought S#$% couldn't get anymore real.

Haha! You know it! KA-REEEN!!! KA-REEENN! Gotta love it!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You're right! Shoot, all that mayhem and I totally forgot about him asking Saul to make that call.

He's either going to have to come clean to Hank, make up an elaborate story for Hank, or eat Hank's rock collection. That's what I love about this show - I have no idea how the main characters will believably get out alive. But I'd let them have Schuyler before calling a stop to it. Silly duck.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join