It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Did anyone watch the season 4 premiere last night? Man it was COLD BLOODED! I love this show. It's the finest show on television right now!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
yes love it! that kill was brutal. Gus is cold blooded! sticker on Walt's Kenny Rogers shirt was funny. dig the homage to pulp fiction. I love how the show de-glamorizes drugs and how it says so much with so little dialogue.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I caught it. I have been watching this show since season one, which you will never hear me say about a show. This is the only show I even care to watch anymore.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
I caught it. I have been watching this show since season one, which you will never hear me say about a show. This is the only show I even care to watch anymore.

likewise. same here.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That scene was powerful. After what seemed as an eternity of silence, followed by otherworldly violence, Gus says five words:

"Well, get back to work."

That's excellent writing. When a scene takes so little dialog, and still has the viewer filled with excitement and passion, you know it's something good.

Also, I can't believe Gale has a book labeled LAB NOTES, just sitting out in the open. The DEA is going to find it, and word is going to get to Hank. This will give Hank a new passion for progression, and rekindle his flame to walk again.

This season is going to be good.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
That scene was powerful. After what seemed as an eternity of silence, followed by otherworldly violence, Gus says five words:

"Well, get back to work."

That's excellent writing. When a scene takes so little dialog, and still has the viewer filled with excitement and passion, you know it's something good.

Also, I can't believe Gale has a book labeled LAB NOTES, just sitting out in the open. The DEA is going to find it, and word is going to get to Hank. This will give Hank a new passion for progression, and rekindle his flame to walk again.

This season is going to be good.

Good point about Hank.

Do you think DEA is going to conclude that Gale was the creator of the blue meth? Or do you think it will lead elsewhere ...to Walt?

Judging by the way the show has gone in the past it looks like Walt and Hank will find each other in the same circle again and continue the quiet tension between them.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Love this show! The commercials for season 4 that have been playing this summer caught my interest, and I watched the first 3 almost in one sitting. Great point about Gale. I would like to see it play out where the DEA figures Gale was the source of the blue meth, and hopefully they aren't lead to Walt.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Perhaps the DEA is gonna mistake Gale for Heisenberg & the lab notes could be the beginning of the end for Gus' operations. I've been so hyped up for BB that I can't wait to see how this season plays out!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As usual I have no idea where the story is going but can't stop speculating.
*WARNING HEAVY SPECULATION BELOW*

Jessie is going nuts with guilt/fear. Walt is feeling insecure about not being in control. Skylar getting my respect by putting her beatch instincts into gear.

I could almost see the Whites morphing into a badass crime family. My friend and I even had a laugh imagining Walt Jr. being an enforcer beating people up with his crutches,

In reality it's more likely that Hank would take that role. I think he will probably figure it out that Walt is Heisenberg. Then I'm kinda thinking his involvement with the meth world will be put into question or he will become disillusioned with DEA work. Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm really surprised this thread isn't getting more attention.. Breaking Bad is just an incredible show.

There are a few other series that I have really liked, but BB takes the cake. Best show that's ever been on TV- even better than any HBO series, and this is on basic cable!

I just love everything about BB, the characters, the writing, the acting and camera work is all top notch. Even when there isn't much action going on, the show still manages to hold my attention 100%. Even after that year+ break after S3, my enthusiasm for BB has not subsided one bit. I'm so glad it's back on now, and I really hope the break between S4 and S5 isn't as long as this last one, that was painful!

Judging by past events of foreshadowing in BB, I had a little theory. In this last episode, we see the roomba going around with the camera on it. The one meth head dude then starts taking the roomba apart with a screwdriver.

Mike is basically "the cleaner" in the show, just like a roomba is. I was thinking this scene was showing that Mike is going to get killed by someone with a screwdriver, maybe Walt, Jessie, Gus. I could be reading into it far too much, and it might have just been put in there to show Jessie's apathetic attitude at the moment, but we'll see I guess. The roomba seemed to have some sort of significance, with it being featured in like 3-4 scenes from what I remember.

Anyway, I could go on about BB all day, so I'll just stop here. But I urge anyone who hasn't seen the show to give it a shot. I know there are many people here on ATS that hate TV, and I am usually one of them, but this show is just a true gem, I hope more people will get interested in it (and this thread, so I have somewhere to talk about BB with people)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
right on! best television in as long as i can remember... last time maybe it was the X FILES.

I dont watch/keep up with anything else on TV but Breaking Bad. Nothing else is worth it in my opinion.

True Blood took a nose dive.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

True. Jesse is falling apart. It seems like he's starting to get that moment of clarity, and realize he wants more out of life.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not too long before episode 3 starts... well I guess it's already been on for the east coast folks, but over here on the west coast it's mere minutes. I'm most excited.

BB fans better come back to this thread tonight for discussion hehe

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Dear god this show is so addicting Tonight I'm waiting for someone to upload the new episode.

has any one seen this site that is tied in with the show it's great.
www.bettercallsaul.com...
here's a video clip from it

edit on 31-7-2011 by ELahrairah because: better call saul

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Kind of a slow episode tonight, still good though! Skyler is starting to like being involved in the criminal lifestyle methinks.

Jessie is messed up. He is totally loosing it. Kind of sad to watch that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It really is that dirty,ruthless and crazy in Albuquerque.

Albacrazy

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Kind of a slow episode tonight, still good though! Skyler is starting to like being involved in the criminal lifestyle methinks.

Jessie is messed up. He is totally loosing it. Kind of sad to watch that.

yeah but I think tension is building.
Gus already knows that Walter is a loose cannon and I'm wondering if Mike has been telling him about Walter's plans.
Gus has to know that Walter is planing something.
That camera that was installed is a bad omen.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
IT'S ABOUT TO POP!

love it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Breaking Bad is one of those shows that makes me get angry at people who blindly denounce television. Yeah, TV is awful, except for the surprising amount of well-written and thoughtful shows.

BB is going along at a crawl, but that's what's going to make it even sweeter when things get crazy. And things always gets crazy.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Uh oh, looks like Breaking Bad could be in some trouble.

The creator, Vince Gilligan, formerly an X-Files writer, wants the show to finish after the next season. AMC wants to cut their budget and cut down the episode number. Though, it sounds like the talks are getting better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join