It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thats It, I'm Done...this is my last post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This happens to almost every single one of my posts whether new thread or reply. Every so often one goes through. But, after spending an hour on research, posting, links, quotes and opinion...I clicked post and got SECURITY ERROR and it dumped every bit of my data. This is probably the 5th time in a week that I have had this happen.

I realize they have a post meter so that you cant post back to back to back to back on here, but why does it also apply to the preview? Thats all I have hit today is Preview, then Post, then my complimentary "piss off wanker" security reply.

So, hope you all have more luck than I do. I dont care for flags, stars and I really am not in this for replies.
This is a rant to the mods and devs and owners.

Your forums have something in common with a vaccuum cleaner and I am done being treated like the dirt.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Wouldn't this be better on the board business forum? Maybe they have a quick fix for you. Don't give up.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I would back up everything in Word or something before you try to post it because ATS had been really bad for that awhile back. Just back it up and save your headaches, I know it can be really heartbreaking to lose that much work.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Good riddance... I wouldn't want a big crybaby on my site either so maybe that's why they "blocked" you. Because you are the kind of person who would make a thread complaining about the site before you try sending a private message to a mod asking about your little problem. I'm sorry that the world doesn't work out perfect for you all the time, but that's how it is for the rest uf us, too. Now good day, sir, it was a pleasure to read your last post and I'm happy to see you go. Sorry, nothing personal, Im just being honest. Would you rather I lie and say I'm gonna miss you? You just caused me to waste my time clicking on this thread thinking that I would want to change your mind and try to get you to stay, but now that I've seen what you are complaining about, well, all I can think to say is, if you don't like it, you know where the door's at. Don't let it hit you in the vagina on the way out...
edit on 18-7-2011 by ZackMorris because: grammar

edit on 18-7-2011 by ZackMorris because: im the one who flagged you

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just do what I do before hitting 'preview':

1) Select All
2) Right Click....Copy
3) Press Preview
4) If Error...go back...
5) Right Click...Paste

It's that easy.

link   

edit on 18-7-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: double post...

link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Yeah I've had that problem both here and other places.
So that's exactly what i started doing 4 years ago. Hope this helps and you decide to stick around.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Try writing it in note pad and then just copy and paste it to the thread you are creating. That way if you mess up you still have it in note pad.Don't give up.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry you had a bad experience... please reconsider..

I for one would miss you..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sorry to hear. I accidentally loose posts to but not for a security error, happened to me one day however. For example., best to save your writing/composed thread on notepad until ready to post or a copy for preview, have the original always on save.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Just do what I do before hitting 'preview':

1) Select All
2) Right Click....Copy
3) Press Preview
4) If Error...go back...
5) Right Click...Paste

It's that easy.

Also very good I was going to suggest that too.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Put your feet up - have a drink - breath deep! You'll feel better - it's annoying I know!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I had plenty of bad experiences with posting. It can be frustrating for sure! But lesson learned: Always make back up copies (such as how I described above).

There is no sense to bitch about it if you haven't learned from crap experiences with technology. Remember...computer and internet aren't always dependable, hence, every time you you make a post/thread with lots of effort put into it, make the backup.

For little posts it's easy to put in another off-the-cuff reply.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Something tells me someone like you is even less desirable to have on a site than the OP. Someone who gets frustrated that the time they put into their posts has been wasted, while they are trying to contribute (The OP) or someone that does nothing but throw vulgar insults at their fellow members (you)

Think about that one.

Anyway, OP, I would suggest just highlighting your whole post, hitting "ctrl C" (to copy it) and then simply paste it again if it doesn't go through for some reason. I never even knew this was an issue here.

Good luck.
edit on 18-7-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I agree with many others - copy and paste. I've always done that on any forum site with every single post just in case. Even if it isn't a meaningful one. Sometimes it's the site, sometimes it's the internet connection, sometimes it's just something else. But I learned a lesson a long time ago - Whatever time you have or want to spend re-writing something, cut that time in half and that is how often you should save your work. If you only have 5 min to spare after you finish something, you better have been saving your work every 2.5 min.
Same goes for posting.... always always always copy before you hit reply.

hahahha or sometimes it's exactly what I just did.... I copied everything above this paragraph - started to re-read my post and accidentally hit the back button - hence erasing everything I wrote. Good thing I copied it

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Please post screen shot of the "piss off wanker" message.
I could use a good giggle.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

before I hit the post button I copy and paste everything into notepad, best option in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I hear ya dude, and many forums have some stupidly about them that causes your well written thoughts to be erased. My old favorite is when I write a long post that took me a little time to put together, the forum decides to log me out, and I lose all my thoughts!

Since then, anything I don't want lost I write in Word, or whatever you use.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord...

Yeah, you get the point. Just kidding though, in all sincerity.

I've never had any issues posting, but has been awhile since I've thrown up a new thread...as others have said (and as generally applies pretty much anywhere), backups of various type are your friend. There could be all sorts of non-conspiratorial issues that cause such things to happen.

Keep up the good fight, and just take necessary precautions. I look forward to your good posts, and hope you don't let some few bug, or "other", rain on your parade.

Be well, and never say die! Surrender is for the weak, and despite its faults, ATS is a pretty handy site. Thanks friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join