It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible link to autoimmune diseases and RH negative blood type

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have been interested in the RH negative blood antigen for a long time but recently discovered that there may be a connection between the RH- and certain autoimmune diseases. This may add to the "Extraterrestrial Threat to those with negative blood types?" thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and a new thread here "possible threat to some people and the conspiracy to hide it all until it's too late" www.abovetopsecret.com...

The name of this thread is "Possible link" because there seems to be a link with RH- blood and ankylosing spondylosis (vertebrae become fused together) but I can not verify it completely. I hope that someone can fill in some of the blank spots.

First I would like to recap the various blood type groupings. There are four basic blood types: O, A, B and AB. Your type will come from both of your parents and types can be determined through a blood test. Type O is recessive so to have this type both parents must have type O and it can be either dominant or recessive in the parent’s blood type. The blood type that shows in the standard blood test will show the dominant type only. To determine your recessive type you must include types from both parents if their types are different.

More information here:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.redcrossblood.org...
www.bloodbook.com...

The RH factor is also determined through a standard blood test and indicates the presence (RH+) or absence (RH-) of an antigen that is also present in Rhesus monkeys. RH- is only found in humans.

Parent A Parent B Child
RH+ RH+ RH+
RH+ RH- RH+ (with recessive RH- or RH+/-)
RH- RH- RH-

I know that some people like to say that the RH- indicates a reptilian influence but if this were true I would think that there would be a higher incidence of eczema, psoriasis or similar type of skin condition producing “scaly” skin. I have not been able to find this connection. It may be that doctors have not made the connection or a case of doctor-patient confidence where the data is not available for evaluation. It also might not matter to the doctor because the treatment would be the same regardless of blood type.

The most widely known autoimmune response involving RH- is RhD Hemolytic Disease where an RH- mother is carrying an RH+ child. If their blood mixes it triggers an autoimmune reaction in the mother to attack and reject the fetus. It rarely if ever happens in the first pregnacy but can happen on subsequent pregnacies. There is no similiar reaction if an RH+ mother carries an RH- child.

Rh disease (also known as Rh (D) disease, Rhesus incompatibility, Rhesus disease, RhD Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn, Rhesus D Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn or RhD HDN) is one of the causes of hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN). The disease ranges from mild to severe, and typically occurs only in some second or subsequent pregnancies of Rh negative women where the fetus' father is Rh positive,leading to a Rh+ pregnancy. During birth, the mother may be exposed to the infant's blood, and this causes the development of antibodies, which may affect the health of subsequent Rh+ pregnancies. In mild cases, the fetus may have mild anaemia with reticulocytosis. In moderate or severe cases the fetus may have a more marked anaemia and erythroblastosis (erythroblastosis fetalis). When the disease is very severe it may cause HDN, hydrops fetalis, or stillbirth.

Rh disease is generally preventable by treating the mother during pregnancy or soon after delivery with an intramuscular injection of anti-RhD immunoglobulin (Rho(D) immune globulin).

source: en.wikipedia.org...

With first pregnancies, Rh incompatibility usually does not pose a problem, but with subsequent pregnancies, the risks increase.

What makes Rh incompatibility so concerning is that if it is not detected, your baby can develop severe jaundice. Jaundice, if left untreated, can cause brain damage. And in turn, brain damage can cause cerebral palsy.

source: www.cerebralpalsy.org...

The HLA-B27 marker is known to be associated with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylosis. There may be a link between this and RH- blood but I have been unable to verify this to my satisfaction. All of the sources I have been able to find are blog type sites and quote the same article from Randall Johnson at the Baylor College of Houston University. The article states the HLA-B27 marker is only found in people with RH- blood but they offer no substaining sources or links. I have been able to verify that there is someone named Randall Johnson at Baylor and he is involved in this type of research but found nothing linking him to the article so I can not say for sure if this is correct and am hoping someone can help out. I did find a couple of blogs where they asked people with ankylosing spondylosis if they had the HLA-B27 marker and if they were RH- or not. Most were RH- but there were some RH+ as well. They did not however say if there was a possible recessive RH-.

All of the sites with this connection have postings like this with no supporting documentation:

According to Randall Johnson at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, "Only 7% of the US population tests positive for the HLA-B27 gene; this gene, found only in persons with Rh-Negative blood, can trigger the immune system to operate overtime at WARP SPEED in times of medical emergency."

Information about HLA-B27 and diseases:

The HLA-B27 Genetic Marker is said to have protective properties that guard against the progression of HIV. It is said, that people with this gene do not have the right proteins for the HIV virus to bind with. The HLA - B27 Marker is most often found in people with O- Blood.

HLA-B27 is an inherited gene marker that is associated with a number of related rheumatic diseases. They share in common, certain features like spinal and peripheral arthritis, skin and GI disorders, anterior chamber eye disease, psoriasis like skin lesions, as well as inflammation and joint pain. This gene is found with highest prevalence in patients with ankylosing spondylosis, reactive arthritis, and patients with the combination of peripheral arthritis and either psoriasis or inflammatory bowel disease.

source: www.rhnegativeregistry.com...
This is a site with a lot of information about RH- but unfortunately most requires paid membership to view. Noted quote was taken from public pages.

A major genetic link was discovered back in the 1960's between the gene HLA-B27 and the spondyloarthropathies, a group of diseases affecting the spine and other joints.

•90 percent of people with ankylosing spondylitis have the HLA-B27 gene.
•7 percent of the general population have the HLA-B27 gene.

Scientists are working hard to find the other genes involved in the spondyloarthropathies and other rheumatic diseases.

During the decade following the discovery of HLA-B27, scientists found an association between carriers of the HLA-DR genes and increased risk of rheumatoid arthritis. It is believed that HLA-DR contributes to autoimmune disease, conditions caused by the immune system fighting the body it is supposed to protect. Other genes also are suspected of being major factors in the evolution of rheumatoid arthritis.

source: arthritis.about.com...

Information about ankylosing spondylosis:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7/18/2011 by LuFri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It seems to me any thread pertaining to blood types get erased on this site.

sucks you went through all the trouble and such a large OP.

as long as nobody mentions "comet" in this thread everything should be ok.

oops... sorry.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
anyone know what happened to the thread that was just up maybe 20 minutes ago about a virus found in antartica that is supposed to affect negative blood types? it was a great thread and was saying the virus was brought to earth by a comet some 11,000bce. did anyone see this or know why it was removed. the op said it was a thread being discussed and that there where threats made but the thread was pulled making it seem believable. they also said if their thread was pulled then that would be absolute proof they are trying to hide something. now this thread comes along and seems to be debunking what was in the thread that was pulled. does anyone have a clue what is going on? i guess if i get my reply pulled. well suppression looks like admittance to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

why is that? i didnt know there where conspiracies on a conspiracy site that are off limits?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

i am also curious as to why it went 404.
hopefully the op can help us.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
anyone know what happened to the thread that was just up maybe 20 minutes ago about a virus found in antartica that is supposed to affect negative blood types? it was a great thread and was saying the virus was brought to earth by a comet some 11,000bce. did anyone see this or know why it was removed. the op said it was a thread being discussed and that there where threats made but the thread was pulled making it seem believable. they also said if their thread was pulled then that would be absolute proof they are trying to hide something. now this thread comes along and seems to be debunking what was in the thread that was pulled. does anyone have a clue what is going on? i guess if i get my reply pulled. well suppression looks like admittance to me.

ya i was just reading that thread too. kind of ironic how he mentioned he was adding to topics in threads that were deleted and poof so was his.

ATS should put up a bulletin warning members that any thread related to comets carrying viruses will be deleted.

It is a shame members go through so much work just to have mods throw it in the trash without any warning.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuFri
The most widely known autoimmune response involving RH- is RhD Hemolytic Disease where an RH- mother is carrying an RH+ child. If their blood mixes it triggers an autoimmune reaction in the mother to attack and reject the fetus. It rarely if ever happens in the first pregnacy but can happen on subsequent pregnacies. There is no similiar reaction if an RH+ mother carries an RH- child.

This is kinda interesting.. My boyfriend is RH- and i am RH+ so its probably a good thing im positive just in case we decide to have a kid someday.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

I'm with you. went looking, thought it was me.
Seems to happen every now and then..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

s1099.photobucket.com...

Care to elaborate? Not sure I catch your drift...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

This is the internet. Big Brother..pfft. Little Bro is always watching. We cap anything and everything that seems important.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
your second link was removed add a new one or explain what it was about. cause i would like to know.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

s1099.photobucket.com...

Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOO much.

we need more diligence.... these folks think we are stupid - They are probably right for the most part

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

s1099.photobucket.com...

Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOO much.

we need more diligence.... these folks think we are stupid - They are probably right for the most part

You're welcome. I worked hard on that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

go to it an read it. very interesting. was trying to discover the plausability of it when it was removed from ats. and really not sure why?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

go to it an read it. very interesting. was trying to discover the plausability of it when it was removed from ats. and really not sure why?

I have read it.
That photobucket account is mine. I put it together from Amalgams original 404 thread.

ETA I was just trying to figure out the cause for the eye roll at the end of Aussies post.

edit on 18-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

ohh sorry. great work and i will just shut-up now and see if i cant learn something. thank you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Good for you, but you can have a daughter thats rhneg, but no worries, they have a rhogam shot that allows rhnegs to carry more than 1 child. Ive had 7
the last 4 did have bad jaundice though. 2 having to stay a few days extra. But are fine now.

Interesting info op, sadly, this will be 404'd. Going to reread your post before thay happens

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It was in no way personal, I would not have copied it from the op that went dead if it weren't important imo.
Instead I thank you for doing the original photo bucket awesome job! another member is spreading the word too.
The eye roll was for the rest of them who weren't quick enough the first time

peace sister

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff about the Antarctica viruses...important because "The hope is that these living organisms might hold the key to defeating the viruses that attack our own immune systems." (source at end) The reason it ties in with the extraterrestrial threat thread is because Amalgam specifically mentions the lake in antarctica holding the virus that he deemed a threat to rh negs.

Madrid, 6 November 2009 A team led by researchers from the Scientific Research Council (CSIC) has described for the first time the complex genetic diversity of the community of viruses present in the lakes of Antarctica. The study describes close to 90,000 sequences of viruses from Lake Limnopolar, located on Byers Peninsula, Livingston Island. It is the largest number of viral families found to date in a ‘metagenome’ [full genetic information of a natural community of micro-organisms] in an aquatic environment, according to the study published in this week's issue of the journal Science.
www.uam.es... in_Antarctica.htm

The researchers hope to figure out whether any of the viruses are unique to Antarctica. If so, that would shed light on whether microbial life evolved independently in Antarctica, which has been isolated for millions of years, or they were introduced there more recently.

Introduced more recently than millions of years? That could basically be anything...even 10,000 years ago.

Also interesting...

While scientists labor to find a cure for AIDS, the common cold, and other viruses, researchers in Antarctica have unearthed a life form capable of defeating our most infectious foes. And--surprise!--it's another virus.
...The virus, dubbed "Organic Lake Virophage" or OLV, was discovered in the Organic Lake, a 6,000-year-old body of saltwater in eastern Antarctica.

Read more: techland.time.com...

I could see the pharmaceutical companies not wanting the general public to be aware of a virus that could cure all other viruses...or charge exorbiant prices for the cure.

The first virophage, Sputnick, was only just discovered in 2008, and scientists have been looking for another large-scale discovery to confirm their findings. The hope is that these living organisms might hold the key to defeating the viruses that attack our own immune systems. Read more: techland.time.com...

Some more info on these viruses...
www.antarctica.gov.au...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join