It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious big fish kill in Cape York river

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Barramundi found in a Cape York FNQ (Australia) river
The department of environment cannot explain what caused this and test samples are being studied
www.abc.net.au...
Off site report
"Queensland's Department of Environment and Resource Management says it cannot explain why large schools of fish are dying in a Cape York river."

Another mysterious fish kill and life goes on as normal as if nothing is wrong with our planet,To be honest i was a bit skeptical when all the mass fish kills started being reported, but it continues and i believe it is linked with Volcanic activity like this one at lake Taal in the Phillipinesnewsinfo.inquirer.net...

Something is going on right under our feet .And although there are no active volcanoes (that i know of) in the Cape York area ,The planet is one and all connected.
edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: used title from article

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Why Jewfish Im intrigued.....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What's a Jew Fish?

?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

What is a Jew fish?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

From this sitewww.fishraider.com.au...
. I'm sure most will agree that Jew a very rewarding and also at times (and for the same reasons) very frustrating target.

Lets not turn this into a Jewish joke thread because i can probably come up with a few.
www.fishraider.com.au...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
When I read the topic title I thought thousands of dead Jewish persons are conducting fishing activities (either physical or computer phishing.) The "and" was suggestive - perhaps they also release UFO's.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
sorry can't get the image up..
edit on 18-7-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

Try this

www.geoffcorry.com...

DEW Fish

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Also called Mulloway

edit on 18-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Correct spelling ? According to who?
with sauce please and chips

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I didn't know what a jewfish was so I did some checking.

Jewfish Description: The head and fins of this massive fish is covered with small black spots with irregular dark and vertical bars present on the sides of body. Unlike many grouper the pectoral and caudal fins are rounded and first dorsal fin is shorter than and not separated from second dorsal. Adult Jewfish are huge and up to 800 and beyond pounds, their eyes are quite small for their large size.

Where Jewfish Are Found: These larger grouper are found nearshore and inshore often around docks, in deep holes, and on ledges while their young often occur in estuaries, especially around oyster bars and currents. These groupers are more abundant in southern Florida than in northern waters but we find many in Central Florida at Sebastian Inlet and off Port Canaveral.
In the east central Florida area Jewfish are abundant almost anywhere there is tide flow and structure.

Source

The above speaks of jewfish in the Florida area, and I notice that the OP states that the dead ones were from Australia. So I found this.

Jewfish is the informal name of some species of fish, including:
Glaucosoma hebraicum, the West Australian Dhufish
Epinephelus itajara, the Goliath grouper
Argyrosomus japonicus, also called mulloway in Australia and dusky Kob in South Africa

Jewfish is also the name of a place: Jewfish, Florida, an unincorporated community in Monroe County, Florida

Source

I don't really know much about fish, but I wanted some preliminary info about their habits to see if there might be any correlations with recent events.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Hitler fish was involved somehow... /political incorrect.

But seriously, look at all the utter CRAP we throw into our oceans. Do you not think that it will have direct consequences? Oil, plastics, pharmaceuticals and misc. garbage rotting away... I dare anyone to ingest a small amount of the above listed items and see what it does to your body.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Yes that is definitely Politically incorrect ,But i agree with your signature.
The Cape York area is remote and sparsely populated ,Except for some mining and fishing /tourism centers.
Mine run off would be suspect .,Usually in most of these fish kills ,water temp change and oxygen levels are blamed,but that is an easy answer and its never reasoned why.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
And now a mysterious change of the title?
Ok I am not against Jewfish or any other fish ,i say each to their own.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Im sure it was the fireworks that scared them to death,.
Yeah.. that was it.. they lost their way due to fear

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To get back on track, is there any mining or other industrial processes taking place in the area along the river? If there is some mineral exploration going on it may have been enough to release something into the catchment basin.
edit on 19-7-2011 by kwakakev because: added part on mineral exploration

new topics

top topics

join