It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with coworker..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ok I like to "fly under the radar at work". I tend to go to work, do my work, go home. period. Lately, a lady in my office shows up at 9ish...leaves at 3ish and puts on her time sheet that she worked 8 hours. I am fortunate that my company does not micromanage. It is really frying my tail that she works 25 hrs a week and gets paid for 40 and I sit at my desk and do my work. I like to believe she will get caught. OH by the way she takes her hour lunch and at least 2 breaks in the little time she is at work.

Well today my supervisor asked where she was. I told him I didnt know. He said he was going to investigate. IS it wrong that I pray she gets busted and fired? She is a deceiving theif. She steals time. Time=money. There is nothing I dislike more than a thief.

I have taken a long break, or lunch every once in a while, but I tell my sup when I do. This lady says I am stupid for telling on myself.

Gawd, someone out there tell me there are still honest people left out there...

I have crazy strong morals and live by them. Am I the dumb one for not doing it to???

ugh..

edit on 18-7-2011 by k21968 because: forgot something

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
She will get caught, just sit back and enjoy the show!
No need for you to interfere, just watch...and laugh!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nah you are right not to cover for her lazy people like that typically are the first to blame others if they get caught and can poison a workplace as others resent their antics. Send an anonymous letter to the supervisor if she gets away with it and she should eventually get caught out.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What goes around...comes around. So just make sure you stay out of it so nothing is coming your way.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It can always be worse, I had a boss that was whining like a little kid when I got late 10 minutes in 2 years time.

While the same guy would do his groceries shopping in working hours, (he was just a manager above me) and was abusing his authority in many ways.

It's not wrong if you want your colleague to be fired because he/she is slacking and makes you work harder than him/her for the same money, have had dozens of those colleagues during my career span.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thats why they make time clocks.

You are right time is money..and she is stealing from the company.

Apparently they gave her enough rope to hang herself

Do your job to the best of your abilitys and be proud of your work

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thats why they make time clocks.

You are right time is money..and she is stealing from the company.

Apparently they gave her enough rope to hang herself

Do your job to the best of your abilitys and be proud of your work

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I believe that when you are righteous you should not feel guilt for doing the right thing. I would get this person in front of the supervisor and say exactly what I had observed and experienced. Maybe someone won't like you but oh well.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

No, you are not wrong....I admire you for that. Just let her hang herself....she will get caught eventually. At least you can go to sleep with a clear conscience! It's nice to know there are still people like you who can be trusted to do what they should do without someone watching over their shoulder..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with wanting her to get caught. She is stealing from the company. You need to tell someone, though. Working only 5 hours day (or less? you say she also takes lunches? Do you guys get paid for lunches?) and getting paid for 3/day is outright theft. The fact that she can sleep at night is disturbing. That's 15 hours a week that the company pays her for. Do you have any idea how much she gets paid per hour? I'll just say $10 to be conservative (sounds like you work in an office type environment???). That's $150/ week; $600/month they company gives her. They then have to match her payroll taxes and social security. Not to mention the vacation she could be racking up on those unpaid hours. That's even more money that the company owes her (it is a liability for the company meaning, those hours are yours and if you quit they have to pay you for your built-up vacation time).

I'm sure you can see how much money this woman is costing the company. On top of that, they are losing additional money because of the work she is not producing during those 15 hours a week. If this woman does this at work, what else is she doing in her personal life? You know? I mean, that takes so cajones!

I'd be willing to bet that if you divulged what you know to your supervisor or manager, that he or she won't just confront her. They will start to monitor her and try to see if what you said was true before they confront her. Then you wouldn't have to worry about her making your life hell at work because her patootey would be fired on the spot.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well I'll be honest, if I could run her game, I certainly would. Im always skiving as much time as I can, we're only working for the elite after all.

But if I was you I'd bust her just for my own private laugh, anonymously obviously, wouldnt want to be known as a grass.

But thats just because Im a lazy and have sarcastic humour.

But if its bothering you for moral reasons, tell your boss.

ETA: Dont judge me based on that lol...I'm also a carer and volunteer

edit on 18-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A leopard never changes their spots.

People like this always end up putting themselves in it in the end, wait, just wait, it will happen naturally and then you can have a little smug time

To echo the general sentiment - definately a case of enough rope to hang herself
edit on 18-7-2011 by Fatmandy because: agreeing with everyone! except you, yes, you reading this, you are wrong. maybe. elenin made me say that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Your lucky your bosses notice.

im at Uni at the moment but my missus is working for a big multimillion pound business here where I live at their headquarters doing finance for them.

Every night she comes home pissed off an annoyed at someone basically doing the same thing your depicting. This girl who shall remain anon is one of two individuals that are causing a high turn over of staff in her department and lack of moral or enjoyment in doing her job, which she loves. (I dont see how someone doing accounts can ever be happy or content but she loves it, its like her equavilant of me working on a car, everything has a place to make it work. like a giant puzzel.)

One of the girls is the over all boss of her department that gives alot of slack to another girl in the way and means of taking time off in the sly i.e around two sick days EACH week and lets her go home early everyother day also. Not to mention she got this girl a senior position and more extras over the staff that put their time in.

The company wont investigate it because they are too rich to care and one fears this girl and wants an easy life because he makes so much money , he doesent want to rock the boat and hates conflict.

And hears the kicker the girl thats the boss was removed from her last job because the workers all went on stike and said it was her or us and the one she's letting off with all theses days off was sacked from her previous employer after on of the accounts was five grand lighter.

I would say my girlfriend is like you, she wants to go to work , put her time in and get home.

Count yourself lucky, your bosses auctually give a # and you dont have to go tattle tailing.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Make sure she's not the bosses daughter before you do anything you might regret.

If she isn't, you should drop her in it asap and big time.

I hate freeloaders.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I'm with you on the honest worker, it's so annoying when you see people getting away with the worst work ethics at work. I had a situation like yours before and it just got worse over time. Before you go to your supervisor/manager make sure the bad coworker is not super buddy buddy with your manager or upper management. Otherwise it could end badly for you.

I wish you the best of luck in that bad situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
I have crazy strong morals and live by them.

...maybe you should consider the possibility that you could depreciate your morals if you use them against others...

Originally posted by k21968
Am I the dumb one for not doing it to???

...someone with "crazy strong morals" wouldnt have asked if they should be like the lady they dont approve of (unless they meant crazy literally)...

...a couple of posters have suggested that you tattle... i think its a bad idea... when i managed people, i never tolerated tattlers or gossipers because they are destructive, not constructive... more often than not, that ilk is so busy watching everyone else that the quality of their own work is poor...

...do your job to the best of your ability, mind your own biz, be pleasant and stay off the grapevine - thats the right ticket (unless you're training to be a corporate nazi)...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You should worry about you.

And as I see you have nothing to worry about, you sound like a good person.

Just try to see the fact she is doing this to herself and will reap the rewards, it is not moral in my opinion to sit back and enjoy some ones suffering even if it is self inflicted.

Let it happen, use it as a lesson for yourself and others but try not to "enjoy" her bad krma.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Don't feel bad. Let this F-tard screw herself.

You would think that since jobs are hard to come by these days that people would give 110% everyday, all day - and not play these BS games!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It seems to me from what you have said...that the bosses are already suspicious of her...I would say nothing....she is on her way to being caught. Stay the good employee...that you are.....don't change.

Hey...I just had a thought....does it seem likely that she may have an in with one of the bosses....like maybe she is having an affair with one of the bosses....etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My first thought was that I'd have told the supervisor everything I knew when he asked where she was. Then again, if you've known about this for a while and haven't said anything, it might not look good on you.

It sounds like he might be on to her, though, and you say you've always been up front with him, so if he comes around later asking what you know about it, by all means, tell him. If he doesn't ask, just let it play out however it will.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join