It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not vaccinated? Not acceptable

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

I was in Walgreens the other day. There was a sign that said "Get your vaccine here. Whooping Cough vaccine MANDATORY."

Mandatory... says who? WTF!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have one answer to this, vaccine adjuvants:
vran.org...

Until they deal with the horrific side effects I'd take my chance with whooping cough. As it is vaccines may well be the number one cause of the epidemic of cancer in Western society.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

I'm not bleating I'm trying to preserve the health and well being of families like yours who think that vaccines are evil. The money the drug companies makes off vaccines is nowhere near as much as they make off pills. Think of it this way: on average, people will only require a handful of vaccines in their lives. Whereas someone on anti depressants, for example, will be on them a few times a day, every day for the rest of their life.

Plus, a lot of the vaccines are free in the United Kingdom (not sure about Europe but I'm guessing they would be too). It's only America where they make you pay extortionate amounts of money for healthcare.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

There's a thing known as herd immunity:

Herd immunity (or community immunity) describes a form of immunity that occurs when the vaccination of a significant portion of a population (or herd) provides a measure of protection for individuals who have not developed immunity.[1] Herd immunity theory proposes that, in contagious diseases that are transmitted from individual to individual, chains of infection are likely to be disrupted when large numbers of a population are immune or less susceptible to the disease. The greater the proportion of individuals who are resistant, the smaller the probability that a susceptible individual will come into contact with an infectious individual.[2]

If a significant amount of the population is immunised then they offer protection to the rest of the community who cannot get vaccinated, i.e. the very old, newborns, immunocompromised. The more people that refuse vaccines the more stress it puts on the herd immunity meaning that people who otherwise would have been safe are not

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

If everybody in a population is vaccinated, the chances of contracting the disease is near zero. But the more people in a population who do not get vaccinated, the more the whole population is jeopardized.

Imagine a robust individual who is not vaccinated and gets mumps. Before his parents keep him home from school he infects half his classmates, some have been vaccinated and are not affected. Some have not been vaccinated and they get the mumps. Most recover. Maybe one of the non-vaccinated dies.

There may also be a child who was vaccinated but who is not very robust and she gets infected by several people, some of whom have been vaccinated and some who have not. Both can be carriers of the virus. The weak but vaccinated girl dies.

Does this mean the vaccine doesn't work? No. It means that if some people don't get vaccinated they can jeopardize those who do. On the other hand, if most people have been vaccinated, those in the population who haven't been vaccinated benefit from the actions of the others and get protection against the disease without being vaccinated. If too many people take this free-ride approach, the group suffers.

Here is another link, if you're still interested
If vaccines work, why does an unvaccinated child pose a risk to a vaccinated one?
edit on 19/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I'm sorry, but I just so happened to click on one of the links there and I cannot take a website seriously when it claims that AIDS is not caused by HIV.
edit on 19/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

How can you seriously say that vaccines did nothing to eradicate smallpox? Yes, hygiene and sanitation did help but it was the vaccination program that entirely eradicated it

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What exactly is it in the vaccines that people are worried about?

Don't post back saying mercury/thiomersal though because that was removed years ago

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

That's the problem though, doing research on the internet does not make you an expert. In fact it can even make you worse off than someone who knows nothing; websites can purposefully skew facts and bend the truth. It's a sad state of affairs when people would rather listen to actors and playboy models rather than scientists who have spent a lot of time studying and researching to get to the point they are at.

Thanks, Jenny McCarthy! Thanks for the measles!

Don't Listen to Jenny McCarthy

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Griffo, you wont get much common sense from the people who will reply to this thread.
Just accept they are right - you are wrong - and let them get on dodging vaccines/photographs (cos they steal yer soul) and covering their mirrors every night incase the boogieman gits em.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Parents do not own their children, you cannot go whatever you want with them. You may choose for yourself to not get vaccinated, but endangering your children is not acceptable. That said, the vaccine has to be reasonably safe (this is the issue here), and the disease reasonably dangerous (no mandatory flu vaccines) for it to be worth it.
edit on 19/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager
reply to post by Evil3unnie

I was in Walgreen's the other day. There was a sign that said "Get your vaccine here. Whooping Cough vaccine MANDATORY."

Could you get a photograph of this notice please GV, sounds abit over the top IMO, not that I'm doubting you, it just would be better clarification.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Some governments mandate forced vaccinations. Yet if you are to have a reaction, you can't sue the government or the vaccine manufacturer.
How about them apples?

if your gonna force vaccinate, then there needs to be repercussions if someone has a reaction.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Just goes to show who really pulls the government's purse strings nixi, big pharma at its work covering them selfs, Was on a job a few years back at a nuclear disposal site and had to wear a disiminator that monitors radiation dosage, all fine and dandy till l left and asked for my monitoring files to be forwarded to my personal Doctor, Strange that the monitoring company had disposed of them after the contract was completed.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just look at how many diseases have been erradicated through vaccinations...and how death rates went down partly because of that. By being all paranoid about vaccinations, or worse, claiming they are "big government" is silly when the ultimate goal is to keep the entire population healthy...which vaccinations do. Take Tetanus for example...without vaccination, you have a serious risk at getting ill. The same goes for certain types of Hepatitis.

By not getting vaccinated, you're risking the health of the rest of us...that's a FACT.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Give us specific vaccines and we will take them, not the insane conglomerations of crap with bizarre extra ingredients.

On another note, people's health is going down every year and since far before the people started fearing the vaccine's ... and it appears mental health is far down too.

You are flat out morons if you think you need this crap to survive...and please go to the hospital and ask everyone why they are sicker the more vaccines they take, the very day i got vaccinated as a baby i immediately was hospitalized for months on end, i recall the grade 1 vaccine that made my arm hurt like a hammer was hitting it and it swelled up twice its size, took me till around age 20 to start feeling good again.

I will NEVER, EVER get vaccinated, and yet i am glad that you ARE.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

General health has IMPROVED for decades: LINK

So you saying health has suffered is hogwash. There's also a great statistical analysis by Hans Rosling who also points out that your claims are just plain wrong: LINK

As for side effects, latest data clearly shows that only 1 in 100,000 has serious side effects. The cost of lives would be infinitely higher if we didn't vaccinate people at all

In short: Before you come here making outrageous claims, you might want to back them up with hard facts. If you did that, you would have realized that your claims are nonsense.
edit on 19-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Just look at how many diseases have been erradicated through vaccinations.

Could you be more specific perhaps?

Anyway...forcing vaccinations on people is clearly a violation of basic human rights, and an invasion of people's bodies. This should be pretty obvious. If they force people to get vaccinated then it would only be a small step further down that path to forcing people to be organ donors. I feel like this must be a troll thread, although a fairly successful one.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Just look at how many diseases have been erradicated through vaccinations.

Could you be more specific perhaps?

Anyway...forcing vaccinations on people is clearly a violation of basic human rights, and an invasion of people's bodies. This should be pretty obvious. If they force people to get vaccinated then it would only be a small step further down that path to forcing people to be organ donors. I feel like this must be a troll thread, although a fairly successful one.

- Smallpox
- Bacterial Anthrax
- Rabies
- Measles
- Mumps
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningitis (this one saved my life fyi)
- Pneumonia
- Polio (almost gone thanks to vaccination)

Need more?

All those diseases would result in countless more deaths if people wouldn't be vaccinated. Given that severe side effects are VERY rare (you are more likely to get a Royal Flush in poker), and the benefits allow million to live whereas before they'd just die...I'd say it's well worth it. And no, it's not a privacy issue, it's a matter of keeping the population healthy.

If they force people to get vaccinated then it would only be a small step further down that path to forcing people to be organ donors.

Nice strawman...one thing has nothing to do with the other

edit on 19-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by scoobyrob

That's the problem though, doing research on the internet does not make you an expert. In fact it can even make you worse off than someone who knows nothing; websites can purposefully skew facts and bend the truth. It's a sad state of affairs when people would rather listen to actors and playboy models rather than scientists who have spent a lot of time studying and researching to get to the point they are at.

Thanks, Jenny McCarthy! Thanks for the measles!

Don't Listen to Jenny McCarthy

thats the thing you see, i only listned to the one's who were either a doctor or scientist. i'm no doctor myself and far from it but they seem to know what their talking about. take for example a doctor in my local hospital, he refused the swine flu vaccine and so did his wife who is a nurse in the hospital. it's not just "lunatics" or "think they know it all's" that think vaccines are bad, there are doctors too who advise against getting these too.

sorry but my opinion has been convinced by professionals in this area. and showed what were in these vaccines too!!

also in the quote a couple of posts back, they refer to us as a "herd"!!! HERD!!!
as in a herd of cattle......

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join