It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Flies by at Incredible Speed, July 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
A natural explanation for something moving that fast? The only thing that I know of that moves visibly at that high of a speed would be a meteor(ite).

Can anybody somehow calculate the speed of the object? I would guess no since it's in the sky and there aren't any points of refrence to measure the distance that it travels, but maybe somebody on here could figure out a way.

If we cannot know (and we can't, there's nothing that could give us that information on the video) the distance/speed at it was flying (or even if it was there, if it was a lens flare then it wasn't even there), how can you say that it was moving at that high of a speed?

A fly passing just in front of your eyes can move as fast as that.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

to calculate airborne velocity from a video clip you need to know the lens feild of view [ fov ] and EITHER the range to target , or target dimensions

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The thread quickly turned into a lensflare argument...
Lets say its not and move on

Originally posted by Lovecents
That's because it is a UFO.

Originally posted by ArMaP
I don't understand that.

I think Love is trolling - all their posts reek of sarcasm

Originally posted by ArMaP
A fly passing just in front of your eyes can move as fast as that.

I'd like to see this debated as much as the lensflare point
Everyone seems to be avoiding the bug topic

Note: something is seriously wrong with my quote within a quote....so I separated them

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
My vote is lens flare as well.

But what do I know? I am a Judgmental Disney Nazi Chicken.

Yeah what the hell chicken face!?

I personally thought it looked like that other quick footage that surfaced the other day. I feel as if the gov are taking these bad boys out more often of late.

Something fishy is going on if people are starting to catch them on their Iphones. Great phones.....sh**** camera

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
GUISE! its for sure a UFO which ALIENS are DEFINITELY piloting.

sike.. aren't there quite a few of these "strange lights in the sky" videos? like a # ton? legitimacy anyone? I think not. but who knows..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

That could be because these things are the real deal. I know for a fact this is 100% real, but as for what this could be....that's what the discussion is supposed to be about.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by disownedsky
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I vote lens flare. Any time you point a lens close to the sun like that, little internal reflections will show up, and their location on the image is very sensitive to angle, so they appear to move fast. I have made "ufo" videos that exploit this effect.

so you've made fake UFO videos?

So uhhh.....yeah.....you've made fake UFO videos?

I mean, as many fakes and hoaxes are posted here everyday, i'd like to know when we've got a snake in the garden....

so?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

I know for a fact this isn't fake, but as for proving that....there's really no way. You'll have to trust me that this video is 100% genuine.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Of course it's genuine.

It's the be all, end all of UFO videos I believe. I have also seen this.

This is the most genuine video I have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovecents

Yep... Got it. Successful troll is successful

As for it being a piece of trash, I don't think it's that. It is moving exceptionally fast and in a fluid motion - in my experience [of which I have much
] trash caught in the wind will not only be whipped around in jagged movements, but it's not super speedy either.

I also don't think it's a lens flare. As the OP said in one of his posts, there are multiple lens flares in the video already, and the 'object' doesn't behave the same way. It's flying by of it's own accord and moves across the screen when the lens flares are otherwise nearly stationary. It also simply just doesn't really look like one.

I would say it is something moving - though I can't put my finger on what. For the sake of argument, I'll rule out UFO [of the extraterrestrial kind or other sorts] and say possibly... oh my I am totes gonna get flamed...

a bird.

The footage isn't much to work with. It's shaky, and the footage of the actual object doesn't last long. Of course it's no fault of the OP, as he wasn't aware there was even an object. The object doesn't seem to keep the same shape, and looks at a few points [during the zoom-ins] to elongate. Which I could interpret as wings flapping. Birds move in typically fluid motions, certainly when they're on a 'mission', and they're also fairly speedy. The object didn't look as though it was going at a speed that could be considered supernatural or anything.

So that's what I think. If not a UFO, a bird. With what we've been given to work with

edit on 19-7-2011 by Cinquain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

I know for a fact this isn't fake, but as for proving that....there's really no way. You'll have to trust me that this video is 100% genuine.

Hello sir or ma'am....

You've completely ignored or intentionally dodged the question....the question was, "Have you faked UFO videos?"

so have you?

I vote lens flare. Any time you point a lens close to the sun like that, little internal reflections will show up, and their location on the image is very sensitive to angle, so they appear to move fast. I have made "ufo" videos that exploit this effect.

I mean, as many fakes and hoaxes are posted here everyday, i'd like to know when we've got a snake in the garden....

so?

And why has your stance changed from,

"This is definately a lens flare"

to

"This video is 100% genuine, trust me".....?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't get all the mechanics of the camera going on there but I suppose
you caught a bright shiny Tesla ship in passage. I hear they go fast
according to a Tesla estimate.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I feel that you're confusing me with disownedsky. The very first reply to my original post was from him and it said

...then you replied to his post with

so?

...and I replied to your last post there with...

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

disownedsky is the one who said they have made fake ufo videos exploiting lens flares, not me.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Its always nice to look up into the sky and see a lot of lens flares go by.
He walks down the street to the corner to find the sky full of flares.
Or strange ships.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

yes......you are correct......i've been chasing the wrong rainbow.....

my apologies....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I think it looks like a bug flying close to the camera. If you look at other videos of bugs and/or dust, they can also seem to fly quickly across the screen.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

If I'm not mistaken, I think that one was actually proven to be fake as well. There's a point where one of the 'ships' is meant to fly behind a building, and instead the image of the ship overlays the building before it disappears.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

I heard the same thing about that "UFOs over London" video. Right away people were pointing out what you said about it overlaying the building.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
cant be a lens flare... more like swamp gas, or batman spaceship... sorry i used the usaf ufo chart..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join