It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange smell that comes to me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

that would have been my next question too....im not going to go into detail here, but have experienced smells from the past that I associated with people that have passed away..

Now if they are visiting me or trying to communicate from beyond the grave is something that can only be speculated about....although I do believe that is what it is.

If your aunt has passed on, try and analyse in what kind of situations in your life this smell comes to you.....I found that in times of feeling really low, these smells will suddenly come to me and it has become a reassurance in the fact that it might be their way of letting us know they are close and with us in this difficult time.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by PhantomLimb

I think that the smell is connected to your Aunt....and your past with her as a young child.....Is she still alive?

Yes. She is still alive.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have the same issue as well. Once in a while when I wake up, I'm greeted by the smell of what I can only describe as amaretto(almond) toast. it is a very strong smell and errs on the sweet side. Definitely not a bad smell, but is a very wierd and unnatural smelling combination to me.
I always figured it was just my brain playing tricks on me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the sense of smell was linked to our memory.

Link for articles on this: serendip.brynmawr.edu...

If you are smelling a reoccurring odor, then you may be remembering a time or event when that smell was relevant.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I like to call them phantom odors. I get them from time to time and I am unable to describe them. Mine can be explained by a past head injury and subsequent surgeries that resulted in a loss of smell. I don't know what triggers it but sometimes the smell is just nasty and yet indescribable.
But I know I've got some wires crossed up in the attic.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I get those the odd time also, sometimes it's flowers when there's none around, sometimes it's just some comforting smell from childhood, always lasts about one second though and then it's gone.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Whether its remembering the smell or my epilepsy, I often get a phantom whiff of model car glue.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
By any chance, does it smell like piss-ants?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't know If i'm gonna get a serious answer out of this one but google is not giving me anything.

Does any of you know about memories evoking smells? I know the other way around is very possible/logical. I'll catch a quick smell of someone's room, cologne, food or plain human smell (hard to explain right?). Every time I seem to be thinking about a person, but It doesn't really make sense to me.

Well any input would be great, cheers.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have had this smell come to me at random times. I cannot describe this smell very well but I can say that it smells sort of like a chemical substance. It has an odor that isn't very strong but is very noticeable to me.

I have the same thing happen to me. might not be the same thing you are smelling but to me it smells like Ozone, so I just always figured thats what it was

top topics

<< 1   >>

join