It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy B-Day to Communist Nelson Mandela

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What's wrong with people...

"Mandela is overrated"... "he's done nothing" "he's a terrorist"?

He saw inequality and fought, by whatever means to get equality.... he did 27 hard years man....
If I had endured like him and seen the suffering and inequality that he did, I'm not sure I could have been as calm and courageous as he was..... the guy's a ******* legend man.

FFS...

Who's next?

Dalai Lama?

Who gives a **** whether he likes Communism or not?

What should he like?... Capitalism?.... yeah, how's that going at the moment?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I'm a Centrist American Realist living in the here in now. I am not living off in some fantasy world. When you cannot see the colour of the shades when they are right in front of you means you are programmed to vehemently attack and defend your idealogy to the death.

I am an American, I represent The American Paarty above all else, that of which makes life better for all.

Obama is this centuries Mandela thus far.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The Great and Most Holy Dalia Lama has already openly stated he is against Communism and oppression.

I may be a Holy Roman Catholic but I do have massive respect and admiration for The Dailai Lama. He's one of less then like 20 people in politics that I can say that about.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by blupblup

The Great and Most Holy Dalia Lama has already openly stated he is against Communism and oppression.

He's changed his tune since his previous incarnations, especially regarding oppression!

Or is the Dalia Lama a cousin of the Deli Lama?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
South Africa is falling apart thanks to our current government! Nobody agree's with the direction the extremist apartheid government went back in it's time.. But facts are facts they handed over a country to a bunch of people that where hardly qualified to run anything but a terrorist organisation.. Nobody is saying the old government was good, the current government are so corrupt the country is literally falling apart.. Roads, elect, and water infrastructure are slowly crumbling with no new infrastructure or repairs being done.. The private economic sector is pretty much keeping the country from completely collapsing due to massive corruption.. Today I live in one of the most dangerous country's in the world.. Thanks Madiba...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm with faulty boy on this one

I am also a south african, and this is a very dangerous place to live in ever since Mandela was president,after him with Thabo Mbeki things got even worse,and now with president Jacob Zuma, the whole of south africa is just one big # up.

Only politicians in the the ANC(which mandela led to victory) plunges and rapes the little wealth we have for their own personal gain. I don't know of you guys have heard of cadre employment.

Cadre employment is when the president has n friend he like very much,he can but that person into any position in government regardless if he can do the job or not.

But to stay on topic, happy birthday, this post my be a bit late.

I also want to say thanks for the huge increase crime,especially assault to do grievous bodily harm.
I want to also say thanks for the weak economy and all the corruption we have in out government.

Thanks for all the strikes from government employees

Anyway

Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Seriously?

Nelson Mandela is perhaps the Martin Luther King Jr. of South Africa.

Make no mistake; Mr Mandela was guilty of terrorism. He was the co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe (the ANC's armed wing) and was gearing up for a guerrilla war. We know Umkhonto we Sizwe was responsible for many bombings during the Apartheid era and thus Mr Mandela was indirectly (and perhaps directly in some cases) responsible for the deaths of civilians.

But as with any war for freedom there are casualties. By no means do I give the thumbs up for the strategies used by "freedom fighters", but looking at things from their point of view I can understand why they went to those measures. No person should ever be oppressed simply because of the colour of their skin. If I was oppressed because of the colour of my skin, I'd surely make a stand as well.

As for Nelson Mandela being a communist? I think not. Yes, over the years he had some connections with the South African Communist Party - but he never was a member of the SACP. Mr Mandela also noted on the topic of the ANC and communism:

"There will always be those who say that the Communists were using us. But who is to say that we were not using them?"

When Mr Mandela was released from prison, he had "carte blanche" with the country's government, yet he chose democracy above all other options...

Mr Mandela's connection with some unsavoury characters? Many of South Africa's leaders were buddies with "baddies"... Prime minister J. B. M. Hertzog very nearly got SA allied with Germany during WW2. Jan Smuts practically handed South Africa back to the British crown after so many South Africans died for independence. PW Botha was buddies with Mikhail Gorbachev and don't get me started on HF Verwoerd. And let's not forget those who befriended our favourite dictator: Robert Mugabe. And on that topic should we perhaps mention the Bush family's connection with the Bin Laden family?

Do you blame Mr Mandela for not being too keen about the USA? It was a CIA tip that lead to his arrest after all...

Seriously though, Mr Mandela shares exactly the same views as many ATS members. This is some of the things he had to say:
On the topic of War in Iraq:

"It is a tragedy, what is happening, what Bush is doing. But Bush is now undermining the United Nations."

On the topic of the 1999 NATO intervention in Kosovo:

"When two nations take it upon themselves to police the world...without getting the authorisation of the United Nations, we must condemn that because it can lead to another world war,"

On the topic of George Bush:

What I am condemning is that one power, with a president who has no foresight, who cannot think properly, is now wanting to plunge the world into a holocaust.

South Africa may not be perfect, but you cannot blame Nelson Mandela for the bad that's going on. He's an old man, and the corrupt politicians took away all his power a long time ago.

All that said... Mr Mandela was a great man. At times he was a very bad man - depending on you point of view. But it cannot be denied that he got the ball rolling to free South Africa's people from oppression. He has unbelievable leadership skills and insight in the human subject that is unsurpassed. His love for his people and his ability to stand by his convictions - even in the face of severe adversary. Since his release he (and his charity) has done more for the Children of this country than anyone else. And that alone is worth an applause.

Perhaps one should look at the world through Nelson Mandela's eyes before one criticize him any further: Long Walk to Freedom. It's worth the effort.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If you were living in this country you might have understood, South Africa was on the brink of a civil war which would quickly have turned into genocide with the killing off of the white population which are outnumbered by about 6 to 1 or more.

What made Mandela such a great leader is that he chose a path of peace and reconcillitiation over war and death.

If it were up to the other leaders there would have been a brutal civil war with unimaginable casualties but he chose forgiveness and made it possible for the country to move on from its past in a non violent manner.

I have no love for the ANC but Mandela is a great man worthy of respect. Unfortunately his vision has been highjacked, and the ANC has become the typical African Government, corrupted to the core and incapable of even maintaining basic services.

White people are used as a scapegoat for the failed policies of the ANC and everything bad is blamed on apartheid and those evil whites. Moreover affirmative action and BEE policies means that as a white person it is extremely difficult to get a job unless you are an entrepeneur. Moreover integral jobs are rather left vacant than employ a white person. With the effect that our infrastructure is screwed.

Slag the ANC all you want but leave Mandela out of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
If you were living in this country you might have understood, South Africa was on the brink of a civil war which would quickly have turned into genocide with the killing off of the white population which are outnumbered by about 6 to 1 or more.

South Africa has a population of about 50,000,000 people.. About 8.6 % of the population are white, which is about 4,300,000 people.. which is closer to 12 to 1..

If it were up to the other leaders there would have been a brutal civil war with unimaginable casualties but he chose forgiveness and made it possible for the country to move on from its past in a non violent manner.

I don't believe this, the general consensus amongst the black people in my area is that they want us in the country as we have been the major role player in creating jobs and infrastructure for them.. They know they need us.. That is why the night of the long knifes will never materialize..

I have no love for the ANC but Mandela is a great man worthy of respect. Unfortunately his vision has been highjacked, and the ANC has become the typical African Government, corrupted to the core and incapable of even maintaining basic services.

White people are used as a scapegoat for the failed policies of the ANC and everything bad is blamed on apartheid and those evil whites. Moreover affirmative action and BEE policies means that as a white person it is extremely difficult to get a job unless you are an entrepeneur. Moreover integral jobs are rather left vacant than employ a white person. With the effect that our infrastructure is screwed.

Slag the ANC all you want but leave Mandela out of it.

I agree with the rest of your post.. I still don't see why Madiba is so special, he is just a puppet like Obama taking orders..

Now that the British and the US have our new Black government in their pocket they can get all our resources for next to nothing, which is why our currency is so low. We had the strongest currency in the world for 50 years when our government was looking out for the people and not throwing away our resources.. Why do you think they tried to paint us as such racists.. they wanted the uneducated in power!! I have experienced living in the UK and I will tell you one thing the average Londoner is much more racist than your average South African... But don't stress all is peachy in the rainbow nation!!

<< 1   >>

join