It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Root Problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It can be summed up in one word and that word is Separation.

There are lots of forms of separation, but the one I am most concerned with is our separation from each other. The way that we view one another is wrong & spawns a whole mess of issues within our community, society, or humanity itself..

I do not believe we would have the problems we have in the world today if we didn't view each other as another. Typical thoughts towards another person are almost always littered with separation. We instantly start thinking about how we are different than the next person. We start judging other people based on how we feel that we are, or wish to be, different than them. When we see someone do something wrong, we are quick to point how we would never act that way or how we are better than them because we were brought up better than that. We judge how people look based on how different they are from our self...

I venture to dream that if we could all see each other as being ourselves, we wouldn't be so quick to hate, judge, or ridicule each other. Because if you truly viewed the next person as being yourself with a different life experience then you would have the patience & understanding to see how that person got to be the way they are & you could relate to how you might have possibly ended up in the same situation that you were just previously judging if things had been different. Often enough we don't take other people into enough consideration, it's all about our selves. The separation.

You wouldn't take advantage of yourself, you wouldn't allow yourself to go hungry.. So why would you let the next person, built of the same components as you, suffer? Granted some people do abuse themselves with drugs but I argue that they wouldn't if they had a better quality of living. A quality of living where everyone cares about the next person as if they were them.

Anyone care to add or help better express what I am trying to say here?

I don't care about your daily life, your routines, I don't care what kind of car you drive, I don't care about your job title, all I care about is an intelligent life form(humanity) living on a single planet in an infinite existence with infinite possibilities squabbling among themselves like spoiled children.

Sorry If I have wasted your time. I just had to get this out there in case some of you actually thought the root problem was money.
edit on 18-7-2011 by SeeingBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

The NWO is on your side, cue the one world government.

Seriously, socially that separation has a function. I think it's tolerance that we should be looking at...

Just my humble opinion.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yes it is true...the separation is violence to your self.
I wouldn't pretend to have acquire a more advance way of seeing life as a whole.
But.
What I know is that any thing that the mind emit is for a separation continuum in the fall of our true nature.
Any one that comes up with; I this or I that, and I am this , this person is separating him self from the whole....this also include the spiritual experience.
Good thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I have to disagree. Tolerance would come along with a society that thought of itself as a single collective working towards a common goal. The goal of furthering our existence & comfort for all. Also in the best case understanding, what would there be to be tolerant of if we accepted everything that didn't harm another person or property? Truly lived a life free to experience as you will.

Said society also wouldn't need a one world government as the whole world could manage themselves instead of a select "appointed" few.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Ah okay....you changed the post. I'll make a new reply.....one sec.

Peace

Oh PS: S+F for the message though. :up
edit on 18-7-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I think I edited my post to ask the same question after you already read & replied.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
To simplify further, OP, it is simply Ego.
For that is what gives us the idea of separation, social comparisons/judgements/norms and the inbred affinity to feel superior.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In getting to the root of problems, separation is a good point. All to often when I see people criticise and attack, it is a reflection of a weakness in the assailant rather than an attempt to be constructive.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Ah yes, The Ego. When I say we can, it tells me why we can't. A lot can be said about the Ego. What is it, why is it?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Check this out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Great, thanks for sharing... Materialism...you are correct, it helps to further the illusion of separation.. I am still troubled by one thing though

Materialism also implies the dirt, Earth, we live in a material world, obviously, but we can still keep the illusion at bay, then we advance, we evolve, we develop more material, we make things better, easier, faster... I believe this is our purpose, to progress in an effective, efficient way, but how do we do so without losing ourselves to the illusion of separation. I have some ideas on how to draw a conclusion, would anyone else like to try?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Okay....new attempt.

We start judging other people based on how we feel that we are, or wish to be, different than them. When we see someone do something wrong, we are quick to point how we would never act that way or how we are better than them because we were brought up better than that. We judge how people look based on how different they are from our self...

In my opinion (the notion of) separation is not the problem, it's judging what separates us that's the real problem.
Can't we embrace the separation without judgement? I mean, no two flowers are the same yet all flowers are beautiful, right?

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Two flowers are the same, just not in the way they express themselves. Nothing wrong with that. All humans are the same, we all came about the same way with the same material & use the same senses to translate the same world.

There really would be no reason to judge if we all understood each other as essentially being our own self expressed in different ways, none good, none bad, all just are, as they should be, were designed to be. If you could look at each other with this kind of understanding of each other then our species would suffer much much less.

The world was created with variety in mind. Duality you can say. So that we can have an experience, but we are not of the duality nature. We have allowed ourselves to become submerged in this material world of duality & during the process we lost ourselves. Maybe it was the purpose of this..... To lose ourselves so that we might find ourselves again & realize what it's like to not be our self, having a kind of frame of reference... If this is true, then I believe now is the time where we come back to our original knowing and absorb what we have learned from our experience.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I really understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to discuss with you for the sake of discussion. This is the way I learn new insights....

There really would be no reason to judge if we all understood each other as essentially being our own self expressed in different ways, none good, none bad, all just are, as they should be, were designed to be.

That's fine but if we are all the same only expressing our self in different ways than there is an actual seperation, right?

If you could look at each other with this kind of understanding of each other then our species would suffer much much less.

Maybe taking away the suffering isn't the goal? Maybe the suffering is leading us to a greater things? why can't the suffering be the great motivator? It's not the mentor we should be focussing on, it's the lesson that should be of main interest...

The world was created with variety in mind. Duality you can say. So that we can have an experience, but we are not of the duality nature.

I tend to believe duality is the school, suffering is the mentor but why are we here? That's right....to learn.

We have allowed ourselves to become submerged in this material world of duality & during the process we lost ourselves. Maybe it was the purpose of this..... To lose ourselves so that we might find ourselves again & realize what it's like to not be our self, having a kind of frame of reference... If this is true, then I believe now is the time where we come back to our original knowing and absorb what we have learned from our experience.

Maybe it's time you gratuated??

Peace

(Sorry for the crude explaining of my interpretation...
)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

All I'm trying to say is, duality is the school, experience is the teacher and we all have things to learn. Don't try and remove the teacher to solve a perceived problem. Everybody has to learn what needs to be learned in their own time..

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
First of all, thank you for your questions. I gain from this also.

Agreed, but the majority of the world is failing, hard. Suffering is a tool. Duality is a tool. I would say you are correct. The problem is so many people are failing to see the lesson being taught & are learning nothing. Eventually we arrive to the state humanity is in today. A state that to some, may not be so bad, but a state which I believe is far from our full potential on this planet.

I can only assume that some people are meant to realize this more slowly than others, I guess this is why I am here. To help speed this process up. Or could it be that I am impatient & failing to view those with the compassion that I am asking others to view with.

Babies have to crawl before they can walk.. You wouldn't look down on him for it, would you? So I guess I wait patiently for the rest of the world to get with it?

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The root problem is the illusion of separation from duality. Its not that you can and ever will transcend duality, its that we are further separated from the illusion of duality by another illusion of materialism. Materialism creates a false sense of self. This false sense of self is mortal and very finite. There are two dualistic ultimates that everything comes from and truthfully they are one as a paradox. That is, nothingness and infinity. Everything is made in the image of that, so duality is inherent in creation and is unavoidable. Its not that you can abandon duality. The self is duality. The false sense of self is the self that classifies itself according to the abundance of material goods. The desire for the acquisition of material goods leads to all problems and is at the root of all of our problems. This is because you are taking what is essentially an illusion to begin with, and making something that is more not real.

The problem begins with imbalance. I have more than you do. Or I have something different than you do. Originally, before materialism, I had everything you had, and I was, for the most part, the same as you. With the invention of materialism, now there is inequality everywhere. I have more than you and different things than you. So not only is materialism the creation of jealousy and envy, it is also the creation of theft and invasion(war). You take away our differences created by materialism, and you naturally assume your role as part and one with the universe, and you lovingly participate in the enhancement of your environment which includes yourself and other people.

There are two types of civilizations in this universe. There are the ones that grow to become super-beings through technology, and there are the ones that grow to become super-beings through nature. That is the difference between good and evil. By our circumstances, we are "evil". But we don't have to subject ourselves to the circumstances of human civilization. Its still a matter of perspective. Do you see and live by the enhancement of your true self, or do you see and live by the enhancement of your false self? On one hand, you'll become part of something with a lot of cool toys, but on the other hand, you'll become part of something that is so amazing, it doesn't need cool toys.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So if both civilizations are in & of the universe then they are also part of the whole...Neither the natural driven evolution nor the technology driven evolution is right or wrong then? What about the civilization that developed nature friendly & seamless technologies? They wouldn't have possession that classified them as better or worse than their neighbor but living a simple life along side nature with the help & convenience of technology.

This is what I dream of. It is what I wish for humanity to evolve into.

Really & truly isn't anything created by man, technology or whatever, still a part of nature? So wouldn't the imbalances stem from our use, or misuse of nature?

Or do you think technology is only a by-product of our inability to use or develop our own mental capabilities to replace the need for technology?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

So if both civilizations are in & of the universe then they are also part of the whole...Neither the natural driven evolution nor the technology driven evolution is right or wrong then? What about the civilization that developed nature friendly & seamless technologies? They wouldn't have possession that classified them as better or worse than their neighbor but living a simple life along side nature with the help & convenience of technology.

You ask some good questions. You probably already know the answer to them as do I. But they are still helpful in raising awareness of the matter.

There are always negative and positives and both are logical pathways to the ultimate destination. So neither pathway is the wrong pathway or the right pathway. The difference between the paths can be seen as the difficult path versus the easy path.

Its not that technology is bad as much as it is the way you associate yourself with it so much that you lose your awareness of your true self. A civilization that uses technology in such a way as to improve the quality of the entire planet would be more aware of their true self than a civilization that uses technology to build better weapons.

This is what I dream of. It is what I wish for humanity to evolve into.

A uniform civilization sounds beautiful, and I agree, we would find much enjoyment there. Much more than here. However, this would not totally solve all of our problems. There would still be an unbalance, but the unbalance would not be between humans, it would be between humans and the rest of the planet. Although, a uniform humanity would lessen the imbalance between us and the rest of nature, and between us and ourselves, we would still have a sense of unbalanced qualities. For example: Our sense of power and control would still be with us. There would not be greed, envy, or jealousy, but we would still know power and know control. For the knowledge we lost of greed, envy, and jealousy, we gained in intensity of our sense of power and control. Meaning we become more powerful and more controlling, thus leading to a greater acceleration and enhancement of technological capabilities, but still keeping us tied to an illusion. Albeit a lessened one.

This does not necessarily mean we would use our power and control in destructive ways, although the potential for that is still there. In a civilization like this where greed, envy, and jealousy have disappeared leaving behind a stronger sense of power and control, there is also a stronger sense of distrust in ourselves. A distrust in myself is a distrust in you. This is just as dangerous to us as materialism used to be.

It is when you fully let go of materialism, you can start to trust in your existence and for once and for all, find a joy that has no bounds.

Really & truly isn't anything created by man, technology or whatever, still a part of nature? So wouldn't the imbalances stem from our use, or misuse of nature?

Material creations are a source of imbalance. Everything here is perfect as it is because it is natural and is part of an intelligent blueprint, if you will. Everything we create does not follow such guidelines and is thus an imbalance to what does.

Or do you think technology is only a by-product of our inability to use or develop our own mental capabilities to replace the need for technology?

Yes. However, there are two kinds of intelligences. Knowledge and Wisdom. Knowledge is the intelligence that is derived from materialism. The acceleration of knowledge is directly proportional to the acceleration of material enhancement. Wisdom is always in the right place at the right time for the right circumstances and needs not acceleration. It is the intelligence that is derived from going with the flow. We have all we need to have either wisdom or knowledge, it is all a matter of choice. So it is not a by-product of inability, it is mostly a byproduct of circumstances. What we don't have in wisdom, we gain in knowledge and vice-versa. We are bound by our circumstances.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
One day in the futur scientist will discover the gen which generate spirituality. From that day on, the world will go from not knowing to not having a clue but every one can get the spiritual gen on.
When you have wrote this thread you have already engaged your self to separate your being from the people that didn't ...can you grasp the violence!!!
Surely no one here knows what I am talking about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join