It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Alien Skeptics: Tell us what it would take to convince you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
I'm interested to learn what evidence of alien visitation to this planet would be sufficient enough to change a skeptic's mind. It's obviously-not weight of evidence, for there are countless thousands of videos, pictures, and testimonies from laymen to experts, and yet the skeptics still brush it off. Can all that stuff really count for nothing? Is it even feasible that every single video, every single photograph, drawing and testimony throughout human history was either fake or a mistake?

Another question I'd like to ask the skeptics is this:
If you don't believe in alien visitation to Earth, do you accept that there are very-probably millions of alien species out there, scattered throughout the universe? Or do you think we are alone?

And lastly to the skeptics- do you believe in God? Do you go to church? Because to my mind, anyone who believes in God, by default believes in an omnipotent extra-terrestrial being with super-powers.

So there are my questions to the skeptics:

What would it take to convince you of alien visitation to this planet?
Do you believe we are alone in the Universe?
Do you believe in God?

Thanks

1.It already convinced me.
2.No.
3.No
Reasons
1. All of those photos, videos and goverment trying to hide it.
2.Universe is HUGE and water, the main element of life, in not uncommon as we might think.
3.God is just a myth created by human imagination. LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

its too long winded and off topic to post on here, I can PM you if you want though.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I feel people wot believe until its announced by someone like the president. The thing is, the government are the ones who don't want us to know about it. So they wont believe. Hopefully a big mothership comes down and shows everyone the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sailorsaturn92
I feel people wot believe until its announced by someone like the president. The thing is, the government are the ones who don't want us to know about it. So they wont believe. Hopefully a big mothership comes down and shows everyone the truth.

LOL. No...

Its funny ETers don't believe the government yet they will take the word of some random ufo quack as fact .
edit on 20-7-2011 by Doron because: edit

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I believe that there should be life out in the Universe since it is so vast it would be pretty scary to think we are it.
I also believe that UFOlogy has stretch it's imagination way to far.

the best attitude is to be skeptic, If you seen a UFO that was no doubt Alien then write your story and give all the details and facts you know. A blinking light in the dark sky is not detailed enough.

For God, All I can say if I met an Alien the first Question to the Alien would be: Do you believe in God? and If so Why or Why Not?

The belief in God sets mental guides so that a person is more likely to follow a moral path when they live so that they will have a pleasant afterlife when they die. So the belief in God slam trumps ET in that there is more at stake in my mental awareness to believe in God then if ET is visiting us.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex
Explain to me why so many astronauts,cosmonauts,military pilots, commercial pilots, astronomers,etc..
would lie about something that only makes there life extremely difficult to say the least ?
Who said they're lying. A few might be but most probably aren't. And most don't claim to have seen aliens, just something in the sky that they don't understand.

I don't completely understand this 1952 Coast Guard photo, but why would I jump to the conclusions it's alien just because I don't understand it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/209a237ac9da.jpg[/atsimg]
The photographer was asked if he thought it might be a reflection of some sort; he replied it might be, he doesn't know what it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think its important to remember that we see unexplained, unidentified things all the time. Its dangerous to make a leap of knowledge from "Unknown" to "Known." Just because it doesn't look like anything you've seen, doesn't mean its from another world.

Let's take, for example, this:

The B-2 Spirit looks like no other craft that has been yet declassified. It was designed under the project codename, "Aurora," and was rumored to have been designed and tested at Area 51. It gave people quite a scare in Washington D.C., where it was caught flying overhead the capitol building. It started a UFO panic.

Now, imagine you saw that, and it was still declassified. Its kinda far up there, so you don't have a good look, and its flying full speed. You run into your house, grab your camera, you try to snap pictures. You are fully zoomed in to get a shot, but at its speed you have to crane that camera, blurring the image, just to get a clear shot.

Or what if it was at night? Still high up there, but with its lights on. Its dark, its hard to see, what light is there is being distorted by your camera lens.

If you posted this on ATS, you'd likely say "I saw this UFO." And you'd be correct to say this. It was unidentified.

Now if you said "I saw this UFO, here is the picture, its proof of Alien life visiting Earth." That would be where you went wrong.

Just because you cannot identify it, and it seems to look like nothing you know that we have, or it moves in a way that you think our crafts shouldn't, doesn't mean it is an alien craft. It just means its something that is Unidentified to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

Nothing short of my own personel experience.

Of course we alone, but there are other species of lifeforms alone with us.

Not in the way you percieve God to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Also 4 going on 5 pages of responses, yet only 5 flags until mine...

Normally unless I just forget, I find it polite to flag a thread if it captures my attention enough to make a comment.

Back on track, topic, your question seems to have created a flow of responses, I will now go read them.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't flag or star things.

I find the entire idea pointless and appealing to the lowest common denominator of the Millennial social networking obsessed popularity driven crowd.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

That is the wonder of ATS, we all have different motives and styles but it makes for one heck of a forum. Hey btw it is good to see you out and about, have missed your presence here.

back on topic, it is interesting to read the various comments which seem to actually surprise me.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by antar

I don't flag or star things.

I find the entire idea pointless and appealing to the lowest common denominator of the Millennial social networking obsessed popularity driven crowd.

Agreed. ESPECIALLY if the OP makes blatant requests or campaigns for the votes, votes for themselves, or appeals to others to vote for them.

it seems sometimes as if some are treating these forums as a popularity contest more than as seekers of truth or knowledge, eh?

P.S. to Wolf...

The B-2 Spirit looks like no other craft that has been yet declassified. It was designed under the project codename, "Aurora,"

I think you are mistaken here. The Aurora is a different project altogether from the B-2:

Check the skunkworks threads...

edit on 7/21/2011 by Outrageo because: Aurora

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Simple, show me an Alien.

Cosmic...
And ufos are fake right? even though the the goverent is slowly releasing what they know?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
I'm interested to learn what evidence of alien visitation to this planet would be sufficient enough to change a skeptic's mind.

Intentional, persistent, and obvious two-way communication by extraterrestrials to multiple geographies, cultures and institutions.

It would be obvious. If there are ETs visiting this planet then it is clear they have an intentional policy of non-disclosure (which I do not like). Disclosure is their responsibility and obligation, not ours.
edit on 21-7-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

In the 1994 book Skunk Works, Ben Rich, the former head of Lockheed's Skunk Works division, wrote that the Aurora was the budgetary code name for the stealth bomber fly-off that resulted in the B-2 Spirit.[6]

Aurora (Aircraft) - Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Thanks for the Wikipedia link (great source). If you read a little further IN YOUR OWN source, it goes on to say (in reference to the B-2 as being "the" Aurora):

Nothing ever linked any of these observations to any program or aircraft type, but the name Aurora was often tagged on these as a way of explaining the observations.[1]

The FIRST Paragraph of YOUR SOURCE, says:

There is no substantial evidence that it was ever built or flown and it has been termed a myth.[1][2] The U.S. government has consistently denied such an aircraft was ever built. Aviation and space reference site Aerospaceweb.org concluded "The evidence supporting the Aurora is circumstantial or pure conjecture, there is little reason to contradict the government's position."[1] Others come to different conclusions.[3] In 2006, veteran black project watcher and aviation writer Bill Sweetman said, "Does Aurora exist? Years of pursuit have led me to believe that, yes, Aurora is most likely in active development, spurred on by recent advances that have allowed technology to catch up with the ambition that launched the program a generation ago."[4]

I might suggest (again) to take a look at ATS own AURORA threads/forum...

Thanks and take care...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I'd trust Wikipedia before a random ATS thread. I know there is no linking between the two other than he said she said, but you do have the head of Lockheed Skunkworks saying it was a budgetary codename. He would have a bit of a deeper insight in that that you would. Ideally we'd have a Northrop Corp state it, but unfortunately we don't have that.

Either way, your whiny nitpicking of sources is incredibly off topic, so if you wish to continue, go to PM, don't blabber on here about irrelevant things.

Also, classic approach. You can't argue the topic of my post, so you nitpick irrelevant things. I've never seen anybody do that before.

edit on 7-22-2011 by WolfofWar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What's wrong with clear headed sanity? As apposed to clear headed nonsense?

What's wrong with you nutters? Lets look for the truth - not just make stuff up...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was researching the supposed Holloman UFO landing when the relatively new "Skinny Bob" series of videos hit youtube. I know these videos have there faults but it took me a couple of steps nearer being able to believe in ET visitation.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join