It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of US agent slain in Mexico demands to know gun source, Government Refuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

Im sure most of us on here know about the Fast and Furious Operation already.

The lawyer for Jaime Zapata's family says U.S. officials refuse to answer questions about whether the weapons used were linked to the Fast and Furious gun-tracking operation.

"What happened with Jaime needs to come out," the family's lawyer, Raymond L. Thomas of McAllen, Texas, said in a telephone interview Sunday. "And the likelihood that these were Fast and Furious guns is certainly plausible."

This whole Fast and Furious stuff seems to just get worse and worse. Some of the weapons purchased here have already been identified in another officers death.

Instead, nearly 200 of the firearms were found at crime scenes in Mexico. Two AK-47 assault rifles purchased during the operation were recovered after Brian A. Terry, a U.S. Border Patrol officer, was shot and killed in December in Arizona.

Was a weapon that was purchased here used in Zapata's murder? Well, in todays world, I would say it is highly likely.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'd bet it came from F&F. Hundreds upon hundreds of weapons were trafficked to Mexico with BATFE's blessing to inflate crime stats of US sourced weapons. Doing so allowed BATFE to justify it's existence now that Right To Carry and 2nd Amendment issues are coming down on the side of the citizens which scare the FedGod.

There's a new op that was uncovered in Florida where BATFE allowed weapons to be trafficked into Central America to arm MS13 as well.

I think the floodgates of information are at the breaking point on this agency's abuses and illegal actions.

join