It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi woman shoots at dog, kills husband who is holding the dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a woman opened fire on a puppy that had threatened children, but wound up shooting and killing her husband.

I was already shaking my head after reading the first sentence in this article.

Witnesses tell police that the pit bull named "Cocaine" had lunged at some children and tried to attack them on Friday. The dead man's son says the children were taken inside and his father picked the dog up.

He picked the dog up, and then.....

It was then that police say Betty Walker fired twice, hitting the dog once and her husband once in the chest. Jackson police spokeswoman Colendula Green says the death of 53-year-old Robert Walker appears to have been accidental.

So if Im reading this correctly, her husband picked the dog up, and then she shot at the dog he was holding?

This is one of those "common sense" stories......Dont shoot at a puppy if someone is holding it in their arms.....odds are, you're going to hit the person holding it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
..Or you could just not shoot at the puppy at all!
What danger did it pose when the grown man had it in his arms?
What a stupid stupid woman.

Unless of course she hated his guts and wanted to kill him in which case she is a clever, cunning and evil woman.

Either way..it amazes me to think of the intellectual disparity between people. We can be so smart, so compassionate. But so damn greedy and stupid and evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
poor puppy, i hope in another life she comes back and the incident replays over and over so she could feel what the dog did. A life is a life wether it be animal or human...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Powerful weapons in the hands of stupid people. It is the same problem all over the world. Millions die.

Killed a puppy, lost her husband - if this was an accident ...... Man, talk about instant karma!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
How can you call the death of a human accidental when you point a gun at them and fire.
What threat is a puppy in the arms of a grown adult?
I think the mrs was pissed of the dog was getting more affection then she had been getting and decided she had had enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just read the article...

She shot TWICE!

I have no idea what to make of this one

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Some people are just dumb. There are no need of further explanations. A bunch of people living on this planet are utter morons. I dont know how it is in your country, but just as an example, most of the pedestrians killed in traffic here in Brazil, are victims of their own stupidity for not being careful when crossing the road. Its every single day...thousands and thousands of people act like a crackhead playing Frogger...

So, how can someone be so stupid? Easy. Just being stupid. Like many others out there...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Goodness I dont even know what to say about this??? How did she not think that shooting a gun at a dog while being held would not possibly end in a tragic event?

Hmmm makes you wonder if she "did" know.. Hard one to prove i guess.
and geeze if this women has children then im thinking that all aspect of her life may need looking at.

the dogs name alone was a worrying one...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Breaks my heart to hear of such animal cruelty, that man got what he deserved.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by onefellswoop
Breaks my heart to hear of such animal cruelty, that man got what he deserved.

are u implying that by the man standing there holding a dog he deserved to die? or did i read the wrong story in the OP.

What i find curious is that the women shot twice, easy way to get rid of unwanted baggage maybe?

either way these ppl were stupid.

What i dont agree with however was a statement made in an above post, just because someone held the dog does not mean it was not dangerous and couldn't attack, iv seen it happen before, a guy i know picked his dog up to stop it attacking another dog and got his nose ripped off.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Pitbulls get such a bad rap. It's not the dog but the owner. I've been watching the "Dog Whisperer" and this show called "Pit Boss" and those shows changed my mind about pitbulls...

As for this woman, she shouldn't have even been holding that firearm. Did she really think shooting at this puppy while her husband was holding on to it was a good idea? What was she thinking? Since she's a bigger danger to the community, she should be shot according to her logic.

top topics

join