It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban all religions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

My point is that organized religion is a mind-control tool.

Getting rid of organized religion equals less brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Very unconstitutional though.

Impinging on other's freedom.

You don't need to a ban it, mockery will do just fine.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Religions are something that seek control of people - OK, that is the first thing that is wrong, because all people are born onto this planet as free thinkers.
Religions cause all wars. That is a fact. Religions kill millions, and cause suffering to millions.
Religions divide us and brainwash us - let's get rid of them.

I am not saying do not believe in a higher power. I am a believer in Jesus and I am proud to say that a person on this website has told me that they have turned to Jesus because of me. I am so thankful for that.

But do you want to ban even the religion thats mentioned in the bible itself?

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
-James 1:27

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I agree that religions have caused too much destruction in the past as well as the present. I want to ask you to to consider a new approach. this was spoken of in the sermon on the mount and I by chance discovered how to directly connect with God. I did this by a simple form of meditation, clear all waking thoughts from your mind and repeat over and over "peace and love". I did this one afternoon when it was very quiet and I went into a dream state which morphed into an out of body exp.. I found myself in an out of doors area with large rocks and scrubby trees, I could feel running water in between the rocks on my feet. I walked along and crossed a stone wall, when I crossed I found myself in the tunnel so often described in the near death exp.. I looked to the end an saw God, i got scared and with drew back into my body. after that the visions and visitations began and have continued to this day. If you are seeking God you will find him and your life will be forever changed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join