It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban all religions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Religions are something that seek control of people - OK, that is the first thing that is wrong, because all people are born onto this planet as free thinkers.

Religions cause all wars. That is a fact. Religions kill millions, and cause suffering to millions.

Religions divide us and brainwash us - let's get rid of them.

I am not saying do not believe in a higher power. I am a believer in Jesus and I am proud to say that a person on this website has told me that they have turned to Jesus because of me. I am so thankful for that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Can't ban religions without banning Jesus as well. He's the head of that religion called Christianity. How can you want to ban religions yet technically be religious yourself?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ban all religions? Been done already. See North Korea, U.S.S.R., etc.

We WILL still worship. We WILL still tell others about Jesus. You CANNOT stop us. We will die if we must, but we will press on.

UPDATE: Oh, I see what you're saying... yeah, religion in the sense of like Pharisees, or large denominations who will not be named (who are deader than a doornail), then yep, I'm for banning that!!

edit on 18-7-2011 by cdevidal because: Oops

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I hate religion more than just about anyone else on the planet, but banning religion is not the right thing to do. If we ban religion we are controlling the people that believe in it. That is what most people here are all about is freedom, if we 'ban' something we are taking away the right to choose, which is never a good thing.

We should educate the religious people as one day they will realize that they are just believing in an amped up santa Claus.

Educatation is the answer to end religion, banning is removing more freedoms.

Pred...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You will never get rid of religions they will always be in the background it is human nature. I really dont mind people believing what they like as long as it doesnt effect my life. For example I hate islam, I went into KFC the other day and noticed they where now selling only halal chicken. I just turned and walked out as I do not want to eat animals that have had their throats cut to a book written by a madman.

People go on about the MSN stirring up hatred against the muslims but they bring it on themselves. They do not want to adapt to any society but they want all the benefits of living among us. I would say ban Islam, right wing Christianity and leave the rest out of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Ban Religion?

Isnt that how wars start?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

This is why I want to ban it.

Jesus Christ is not the head of the christian church - because that church is full of hypocrites and uses the name of Jesus in vain.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Actually I agree with you and I think the lack of understanding in the other comments of "What about Jesus" just show how little people actually think.

I believe what the OP is getting at is the idea that how a person personally chooses to worship or the archetypes of faith that work for them are personal things. They do not need organized institutions built around them that really don't do anything but allow people of faith to be manipulated into giving over their material possessions and mental control because a special class of people within a man made structure have the ability to talk to god.

We're not children any more and we don't need any one else's fairy tales. If a belief makes someone a better person, if it has a harmonizing effect upon us then it is good and right. Why should I care if you believe Lucifer is a good god, just mis-understood, but it allows you to do great works of kindness and compassion using that belief?

A person who actually believes independently of a church will be more motivated to live out their beliefs in the real world whereas people who subscribe to religion in a traditional sense will usually feel it's enough to give up an hour a Sunday to god and the rest is for the devil to do as he wants.

I hope this gets some serious debate, it's a subject I'm very interested in.

SnF for you.
edit on 18/7/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Actually, pred,

Banning religion is banning the controllers.

And banning religion sets people free.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
LOL, the threads are getting more brazen.

I think that these types of threads are being seen through more and more, and are waking an untold number of people to the true meaning of Christ and God.

It strengthens those that already know the true way, and it's waking those up who may know a little about the Bible - the warnings were placed in it for a good reason.

The "brainwashed" ones were those who had his knowledge removed from them. "Removing the belief in God is the surest way to hide Evils existence and rising influence"

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by predator0187

Actually, pred,

Banning religion is banning the controllers.

And banning religion sets people free.

So are you going to ban Politics, Newspapers, TV and education too? Cant these things also be used as a form of control??

Seriously, do you think that banning religion would stop wars? You really think its as simplistic as that??

Dont get me wrong, i understand you irritation with organised religion, i get frustrated with them myself at times, but banning it will not create a John Lennon style utopia.

The vast majority of wars are thought over resources and/or greed... Religion is sadly often used as a front and if you remove that front it will simply be replaced with another.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Banning religion won't work
it'll just become more secretive than it already is

as someone posted in another thread (I wish I could give credit but I forget who or where)....

if we didn't already have a bible - we'd be writing one

People like rules.
People like boundaries.

At least thats what child psychologists tell us

Without them we run rampant cause we think no one cares.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

banning religion sets people free.

free ? as in free from personal thought ? choice ? belief ?

banning is restraining freedoms.
restraining = restraining ( nothing free about that)

. . . then what next , book burnings ?

edit on 18/7/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Did you just watch Zeitgeist and fancy our gay anti-Christian communist globalist friend Peter Joseph?

Religions are something that seek control of people - OK, that is the first thing that is wrong, because all people are born onto this planet as free thinkers.

Wrong - Why we are born to beleive

Religions cause all wars. That is a fact. Religions kill millions, and cause suffering to millions.

People cause wars, some people use other peoples ignorance as an excuse to start them.

Religions divide us and brainwash us - let's get rid of them.

Yes and while we are at it, lets ban all information and education.

I am not saying do not believe in a higher power. I am a believer in Jesus and I am proud to say that a person on this website has told me that they have turned to Jesus because of me. I am so thankful for that.

Jesus started the church

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, THAT THOU ART PETER, AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
GO JESUS!

I can't answer all the questions, but I say...

GO JESUS!

I

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I am a christian deist and you can not ban it because there is nothing to ban or takeaway.

Deism has no Church's, no ministry, no congregations.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Yes, but please, let religious people hold on to their beliefs if they wish to. Just prevent them from FORCING others to believe as they do and prevent those who hold religious laws to heart from sitting in positions of authority . Don't ever forget that some religious people deal with delusions and depressions regularly while other religious people seek love in religion and a way to do good. One cannot take away these peoples faith because some of those at the head of churches, synagogues and mosques are hateful people.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I agree with you about how religion start wars,and probably has a death toll in millions but i think it has helped just as many if not more.
My opinion is misinterpretation by a few bad eggs can be damaging,weed them out and religion can be a beautiful thing

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Banning religion is self-defeating and just as authoritarian as some of the religious factions are. And once started on the 'banning' direction...who's next on the list?

Banning religion from having privileges in social contexts though, that's what a secular, egalitarian society is about.

PS As critical against theistic claims of 'absolutes' as I am, it's unfair to blame theism for all wars. Some political ideologies are often worse.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I agree with you. Let's ban them all. Where's my ballot?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join