It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Sick Of Doomsday Theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get something off of my chest. I am starting to become very tired of all these doomsday theories popping up, I know there have always been theories of when the world is going to end, but can't you just sit back and enjoy life instead of fear mongering?

The reason why there is a steady climb in large catastrophic events in my opinion is because we now have access to more media channels than ever and information now spreads immediately. There have been several times in human history when we have thought the world was going to end or we would all be wiped out. The whole concept of the Earth being destroyed by a comet or Nibiru to me is absurd.

I have reviewed many possibilities and even with Nibiru's trajectory and course, it will NOT collide with Earth. I mean scientists indicate that Nibiru comes by every 3600 years and I do not believe for a second that there has been an extinction level event every 3600 years. There are also those who indicate that ELENIN and Nibiru are one in the same. These are the same people who contradict themselves when faced with difficult questions on proof and evidence.

Life will go on past September 29, October 21 (The final date in which the rapture will be complete according to Harold Camping) December 21, 2012, and so on. There have always been a large group of people looking to cash in on others' fear and vulnerability, I was one of them. The world will not cease to function on any of these dates, people will squander their life savings in hopes of saving themselves only to find that the world will just keep on turning.

I am not looking to bash anyone specifically, I am just sick and tired of the nonsense people spew trying to fear monger people into believing our world will be ending soon. You can provide me with all of the NASA this and FEMA that but in all reality the world will just keep on turning, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute. Another thing, humans have been around for an extremely long time, more than 3600 years. If Nibiru or ELENIN, whatever it is or they are, if they were in fact extinction level events, I don't think we would be here discussing these things now.

I apologize if I sound rude or angry, I am just tired of people fear mongering and people claiming that an Extinction Level Event is happening soon, scaring people and flooding ATS with such nonsense. We should use this website for more constructive things, like posting pictures of your fluffy kittens for example

But in all seriousness, thanks for hearing me out and reading this. Time to go back to living my life and enjoying the people I hold dearly to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Second that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Thank you DragonRain311. Continue with your "logic"...please read the (almost) exact date of your demise...

VERY IMPORTANT ATS LINK

Tell me what you think and get back to me - you are doomed - maybe...

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

For a second I thought you were another one of those nice folks who was going to debate me and say oh no, you are a heathen sir, I know the answer of the end days, but I am happy that it was not. Great addition sir, absolutely wonderful.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The question stands to reason..

You say your tired of reading them, if you are, simply stop reading them.. Unless you can't help yourself..

OR

Are you simply tired of nothing coming of said "doom and gloom" threads?

The answer is simple, if tired of them, my friend, stop reading them.

Peace be with you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Well, sorry to dissapoint, but, yeah, I'm one of those people. Did you read my thread? I think you just took a cursory glance at it - get into what I am telling you - nacho cheese applied liberally - let it set for two days - only drink miller lite during that time frame - apply a cuchini to your groin area and wait - the same calendar(s) popped up in my mind that will yours - I swear - just try it...I also have the distinction of knowing when I will suffer a massive coronary!!!

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Amen, I don't know what up or down is anymore. I'm ready to say F it all, it's not getting any better. They only get worse.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

That is so hard to do, because of the fact that doom posts and normal ones seem to melt together for an unknown reason

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Thank you for that. I was just about to say the same thing. It is difficult to ignore when you go to the homepage and every other day there is a thread that will say "New Beautiful Species Found" then something like "ELENIN will come bearing cheetoes and pepsi for all who believe in it before the Earth is wiped out, here is proof" type threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by Cygnis

That is so hard to do, because of the fact that doom posts and normal ones seem to melt together for an unknown reason

I hear you, Heart, I hear you..

Personally, I feel that people like doomsday threads because it shows them an end, or a way out of the mundain existance we all seem to lead..

Everyone started life with grand ideas and dreams.. and a majority of us became disenfranchiesd along the way, and relaised that what we have, and what points we are at, will be about the extent of it..

Some would say their "dreams" were interrupted because "life happened" and popped thier bubbles..

Most suffer a mid-life crises for this very same reason.

I don't know how many of my aquaintences (would say friends but they're not around often enough to qualify for that title unless something is broken or wrong). come to chat because of verying issues along those lines..

So for some, it's an escape, or a possible, desperate escape. Sigmond Freud would say "They have issues"..

I find doom threads interesting, usually because i discover some other varying reason that we are all so fragil, and one event could wipe it all out.. Humanity is as fragil as a snowflake, and the things we have built are no less fragile.

Life is a fragile thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well there is one thing you can do.... STOP reading them. They may help your cause, simple.

2nd

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Well there is one thing you can do.... STOP reading them. They may help your cause, simple.

2nd

Yes but if people stopped reading them, then we wouldn't have these awesom posts and rants about how people hate the doomsday threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Rule # 1 when criticizing my posts or opinions, learn how to spell properly.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I understand your point of view and is true that the end of the world won't happen, never. Anyway, major events are already happening and even bigger ones are still to come in the next months, we are in constant change and some of these changes aren't smooth. These changes are sometimes big enough to make us update maps.

Other changes taking place are 100% man made, some are good perhaps but others have no justification.

Today you complaint bout too many doomsday theories, tomorrow you will say you haven't been warned enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311
reply to post by Cygnis

Rule # 1 when criticizing my posts or opinions, learn how to spell properly.

Ahh, my sincerest apologies, I wasn't criticizing you, dragonrain.. I was actually chuckeling as i typed it.

no offense was ment.. I enjoy the rants as much as I do the doomsday threads..

Alas, on the spelling, helps if i can see.. still looking for a spell-checker for my browser that works.. so occasionally i fat-finger things.. None the less, point for you. tu-chey.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

I completely understand sir. As mentioned previously, this is not an attack thread, it is merely my humble self expressing my frustration to a board of people who might be capable of understanding where I am coming from.

Trueman, I will never say I have not been warned enough, if something extremely catastrophic does occur, I will gladly consume a slice of humble pie, and kiss my rear goodbye.

On a side note, to those who tell me to stop reading these threads, did I say anywhere in my Original Post that I read them all? I mentioned them popping up but not that I read them all. Also, I studied Nibiru before I joined this wonderful website, and I did not read any "doomsday" threads about it.

It is nice to have a general discussion with you folks, I am really appreciating your comments and opinions.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
As long as there is fear, there will always be doomsday theories.
These days genuine despair and worry generate doomsday visions from not being able to see anything beyond doom.
Then there are those who, to themselves or vocally, wish for catastrophe and destruction as an end to misery or for some new beginning. Guess that could be considered an easy way out of things too.
Part of me still hopes for some type of transformative experience around 2012, but I wouldn't defend that notion, or try to convince others.
So I guess doomyness is a part of life for now.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Most of my posts are deriding teh Doomtards. It's a fruitless task, but it sure is fun.

When Elenin passes I sure am going to have a lot of fun with a thread listing all threads about Elenin and many people will be forced to create new accounts on ATS if they want to continue posting with any shread of self-esteem.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some bad event happens globally daily....it that is what you are looking for....you will find it....bad events and negativity.

Personally,,,I like to pray.....let go.....let God....and then move on to positive people and events. I just don't read any gloom and doom threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am about to reveal a secret that you were not ready to know until now. The creation of this thread = you passed the final test. Ok, sit down my son, as this may come as a shock, and greater men have been vanquished by the effect this information can have on the mind.. ready? Here it comes.... You can sometimes get a good idea of what the thread is about by reading the title and then you can choose not to click on it if you don't like it. Those kind of threads will always be popular, sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join