It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$594 shoes. Outrageously not worth it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So I just bought these shoes by forzieri for $594. I think they are absolutely FABULOUS, but I also think I am completely nuts for spending that much on a pair of shoes. I'm still debating whether or not to return them and go buy something of better use, as well as the fact that I will be broke for the next month or so. But god, am I obsessed.
[SNIP]
So, too outrageous? Keep or return.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed marketing link

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
[SNIP]

Wth is your problem? Why do you care what someone spends their money on!

edit on 18-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed rude quote

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You could go to payless and find the same style.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by majortackle

As a shoe-a-holic those are beautiful!

However if they broke your bank I'd take them back. I have some Manolo Blahniks I've thought of putting on eBay buuuut I just can't part with them. Only difference is mine were gifts I didn't pay for them.

So are u going to be able to eat and have the basics needs for the next month? If not then I'd say return them but if your "being broke" isn't really being broke then wear them out and enjoy!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

[SNIP]

Wth is your problem? Why do you care what someone spends their money on!

Did you ever think about kids in Africa who would probably love to have shoes? And food.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed rude quote

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Let's put it this way: Are you willing to go homeless for a pair of shoes? How about learning to live within your means. BUT, if the shoes feel like butter, keep it. If you feel PAIN when wearing your new shoes, you've wasted your money. No one will care if you've got expensive shoes, not unless you hang around with other people who have your taste or know the different between cheap shoes from expensive ones.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
if you're broke because of buying those shoes, then you should return them and go for a cheaper alternative! and to the guy ranting and insulting the op, wth is your problem? I sense some jealousy...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Nos!

No I think about kids in my country and home town first who need food. Also if u read I didn't buy them

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Nope not jealous at all, and what is the problem. The problem is that some people live off 594 as a months income, in the US, and way less in many other countries, for some duesh to question and even mock the idea about whether he should have them shows the problems of the world. If you have to even think about what is wrong with the question and have any knowledge of the current times. Its people like this that need to be sent to the slaughterhouse, its there greed and materialism that has destroyed mother nature and all that it use to be.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Nope not jealous at all, and what is the problem. The problem is that some people live off 594 as a months income, in the US, and way less in many other countries, for some duesh to question and even mock the idea about whether he should have them shows the problems of the world. If you have to even think about what is wrong with the question and have any knowledge of the current times. Its people like this that need to be sent to the slaughterhouse, its there greed and materialism that has destroyed mother nature and all that it use to be.

With that view, we should all give away everything we have, our computers, our cars, our extra cloths, open our houses to any and all. Food should be sitting on every corner of every street for any and all who are hungry, free of charge. Cats and dogs laying on warm cement in the sunshine, side by side..

Hand made shoes from italy will cost a load more then the ones made in China in a sweat shop.. So you buying your shoes from a cheap store is supporting child labor sweatshop work.

Personal choices are what make this world/existance/reality what it is.. If you can't stand this reality, well, not much I can suggest.

People and things, are what they are.. and no this was not an attack on you, this is pointing out the duality of this world. The best you can do is meekly lead by example.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

It's all about priorities.. If the money you used to buy those shoes with was the extra, after other obligations were met, then by all means..

I would rather make sure I had food, and other things bought and taken care of first before spending that kind of money on a single item, with limited use.. (Limited use, because I doubt your going to goto the gym, golf, or grocery shopping with them on). I could be wrong tho..

It's your choice tho, OP, it's a world of freedom of choice.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'd return them if I were you. 600 bucks is a lot of money. I mean, you could buy a pretty decent computer with that. You could buy a brand new game console and quite a few games. You could get a whole shelf full of books. You could probably buy a couple months worth of food. You could take a mini-vacation. Think of the opportunity cost for only a pair of shoes, my friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

return them... go buy yourself some nice Allen Edmonds. same quality, same styles ... made in America & you can have them repaired & refinished (instead of buying a new pair). they're not nearly as expensive as these, only $300-ish.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

if you are going to be broke for a month because of a footwear purchase it's pretty obvious you are living well beyond your means.

Balance is very important in life. a $20K Rolex is not for wearing with a $200 off-the-rack working mans suit.

of course it is your choice. IMHO you have exhibited poor decision making skills. $600 range shoes are for people who can afford them without even thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have spent $45 dollars on shoes in the last 4 yrs.

One pair of sneakers and one pair of work boots.

Im pretty happy

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think perhaps you need to define "fabulous". If you bought them for aesthetics....not worth vanities sake, but if you bought them for fit and comfort, it might be the best investment you ever made. I bought a pair of Clarks for work. They are understated, comfortable and improve my posture which helps my back pain. Best 200.00 I ever spent.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
That's about £369 yeah? Not totally terrifying.
So long as you can afford them you enjoy'em - I don't begrudge any women a good shoe blow out!
End of the day you'll keep them nice and if you really need to can sell them on ebay or something.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If you wanted them then i see no problem in treating yourself once in a while, I mean come on whats life if we cant spoil ourselves now and again,

I like to have a little treat now and again, And i dont think it makes a person bad, I work endlessly to help others and put a lot of time and effort in to helping children with cancer, I also give to the homeless and always donate everything im finished with to charity, And if its something expencive i auction it for them instead,

There's no harm in it as long as its just a treat and your not spending every pay check on such things,

Enjoy!! x

join