It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Neighbor. What to Do? We've all Had One. Maybe not like This Guy Though. He takes the

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

So it is your belief that people who can't defend themselves be an object of other peoples' humor? That happens to be the first video/channel I have ever reported. Like I have said previously, I can laugh with the best of them. I have seen A LOT of videos and never reported any before. These videos were being made without the consent of that man, (or if he did consent, it's clear he can't be held competent for that agreement.)

Saying I'm part of the problem is absurd. It's people who turn their head to the problem that you should be worried about. Much like yourself. When people are down, you don't point and laugh. You stand between them and the mob. You do what is right.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Fair enough, I'm probably wrong.

I'm usually pretty compassionate too but prob just got annoyed cause i hate clicking on videos that have been deleted.

it annoys me.

you did the right thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vastar

Well if He/She really cared they would of rang the goverment authority and got the man taken somewhere to be looked after.

instead they complained to get the video taken down.

Out of sight out of mind mentality, no longer exists to them and they prob think they have done their part in saving the world. But this guy is still acting crazy no matter if he is on the interwebs or not.

this is the same mentality the Goverment and Cops have.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Vastar because: (no reason given)

Would you care to tell me how exactly I could have called anyone to see he was taken care of? Am I suppose to be able to identify structures in the area or know who those people are? I did exactly what I was able to do. I reported the video/channel so this guy could have some form of respect. Which he deserves.

It's not even close to the mentality the government/cops have. They don't instill or maintain any set of morals. We're bombing countless countries and cops tase anyone who asks for a badge number. To say that my standing up for someone who couldn't is comparable to the government is another absurd statement.

Also, I didn't report your post. I believe in free speech and have never asked for anyone to be censored. A double post is a double post. It happens a lot on ATS. Maybe you should take a break since you clearly see a conspiracy in everything.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vastar

I Agree 100%.

Self righteous, green yuppies who want to make the world a better place according to what THEY think that is.
Eagle, you say you are outspoken and not to judge you based on being a rat, most censorship mentality folks are very outspoken, and opinionated, but also controlling and think they need to police the world. Maybe you should join the US/UK military and police the middle east? Think of all the good you could be doing there, liberating all those civilians at the end of a rifle.

This neighbor could have got the help they need if the video stayed up perhaps, and as Vastar said, now he's out of sight/mind from the public. Call the local mental hospital near that area if you're really concerned.

And the freedom to ridicule others is our right, it's done in political satires, SNL, and most of TV makes fun of the world. Don't watch Tosh.0, you'll probably try to have that show shut down, Tosh really makes fun of unfortunate people in internet videos.
edit on 18-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Fair enough, I'm probably wrong.

I'm usually pretty compassionate too but prob just got annoyed cause i hate clicking on videos that have been deleted.

it annoys me.

you did the right thing.

Thank you. If I would have thought this guy was acting or had any sense of reality... I wouldn't have reported it. It broke my heart to see him being recorded and made fun of. Thank you for understanding.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just to point out....its within your rights to film anything or anyone whilst in public.

Just because someone doesnt like being filmed doesnt mean its illegal to do so. If you in public you should expect 0 privacy...hence its called public.

How do you think all these businesses get away with filming your every move when you in a shopping center?

If the person doesnt like being filmed they are more than capable of walking out of public into somewhere private...like their home

I didnt get to see the videos...shame

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well if He/She really cared they would of rang the goverment authority and got the man taken somewhere to be looked after.

instead they complained to get the video taken down.

Out of sight out of mind mentality, no longer exists to them and they prob think they have done their part in saving the world. But this guy is still acting crazy no matter if he is on the interwebs or not.

this is the same mentality the Goverment and Cops have.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Vastar because: (no reason given)

A very valid point. Yes, out of sight, out of mind. Things will all be better now, let's go back to mowing yard.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you got to see any of the videos or read any of the comments but no one was offering help. This guy was a target of humiliation. Nothing more. Any identifying information was censored out so I'm sure only people who knew that area (or that gentleman) could have done anything. Cops did show up multiple times and they let him go.

Call it whatever you want but I'm holding my moral compass and I don't feel ashamed for defending him. It doesn't matter how many people protest my actions. I was raised to believe we should stand up for those who can't. This guy wasn't mentally aware. I won't support your personal desire to make fun of other people. I'm sure there are no lack of other videos for you to go watch and laugh at those less fortunate than yourself tho.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

So it is your belief that people who can't defend themselves be an object of other peoples' humor? That happens to be the first video/channel I have ever reported. Like I have said previously, I can laugh with the best of them. I have seen A LOT of videos and never reported any before. These videos were being made without the consent of that man, (or if he did consent, it's clear he can't be held competent for that agreement.)

Saying I'm part of the problem is absurd. It's people who turn their head to the problem that you should be worried about. Much like yourself. When people are down, you don't point and laugh. You stand between them and the mob. You do what is right.

I've spent the last 15 years working with unfortunate people with mental health and mental retardation, I have some experience in the compassion concerning the ridicule of others department.
I've never reported a video unless it was a spammer, otherwise I would be imposing MY personal perceptions onto others, no?

What is offensive to you may not be to others, and your beliefs may not be theirs, so why is your opinion more important? How can you claim something is hate speech when the term is objective in it's very definition? Christians and atheists have very different perceptions of what hate speech is, but why is the opinion of one group more important/superior to the other group's opinions? It's censorship and self righteous controlling of freedoms to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The videos were proof of the man's questionable mental state. If shown to the proper mental health professionals in the area, surely this could lead to the man receiving care, perhaps? The coward filming the videos obviously is too afraid of reprisal or is simply to much of a coward to do the legwork himself.
Even though the filmer's actions may lead to the neighbor getting help, he still deserves to have his arse kicked. It would probably do him best to move now, as if the notion never arose before, incase that man ever gets out of the psyche ward he will probably have a fiery grudge.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

One of the beautiful things in our society today is that should you have a neighbor like this, have called the police and there is evidence to that fact, you legally need to disclose it should you desire to sell your house.

My friend in Seattle had a neighbor across the street who used to sit on the porch and scream nonsense for hours a day a few times a week. Cops were called a number of times, but because the gent was not shouting obscenities, all the cops could to was ask him to tone it down. He was a known quality in the neighborhood. When he went to sell his house, this jackass being one of the reasons, he was informed by his listing agent that the nut job would have to be indicated on the listing. She had listed and sold a house a bit down the block and the new owners sued the sellers for not disclosing that there was a nutter on public display and they won the case in court.

Good luck. Build a high fence, get a big dog, hope for the best. Get a prepaid cell and call the cops on him 10 times a day and maybe they'll lock him up.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you got to see any of the videos or read any of the comments but no one was offering help.

Well, you can count on him not getting any help from people on the outside that are not his neighbors and not making fun of him....thanks to you being a rat and flagging the vids and getting them removed for "hate speech" violations.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Marrr because: I left out an F

edit on 18-7-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"Hate Speech" ??
Are you kidding me??
Did you actually type in "Hate Speech" when you flagged the vids?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I've spent the last 15 years working with unfortunate people with mental health and mental retardation, I have some experience in the compassion concerning the ridicule of others department.

For someone who claims to have such a profound understanding of compassion for the less fortunate, you certainly aren't proving it here. You desire that this gentleman be a public spectacle. Well if you can call my character to the table, I can do the same to you. It is MY opinion that you have no such understanding of these people. If you did, you most definitely would not approve of the channel/videos. That guy does NOT deserve to be filmed and made fun of like he was. (and still is I'm sure)

And to clarify to your other statement about hate speech, I didn't flag it as such. I suppose that is something youtube decided to do. I flagged it as "Hateful or Abusive Content - Abusing Vulnerable Individuals." being that the man had no mental capability to consent to being filmed and I'm sure if he was mentally aware, he would not appreciate being made fun of like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

"Hate Speech" ??
Are you kidding me??
Did you actually type in "Hate Speech" when you flagged the vids?

I didn't flag it as hate speech. I flagged it as "Hateful or Abusive Content - Abusing Vulnerable Individuals." The man was being used as an object for peoples' jokes. Not funny. It would be different if he was doing it intentionally like Jackass or something.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

For someone who claims to have such a profound understanding of compassion for the less fortunate, you certainly aren't proving it here. You desire that this gentleman be a public spectacle. Well if you can call my character to the table, I can do the same to you. It is MY opinion that you have no such understanding of these people. If you did, you most definitely would not approve of the channel/videos. That guy does NOT deserve to be filmed and made fun of like he was. (and still is I'm sure)

And to clarify to your other statement about hate speech, I didn't flag it as such. I suppose that is something youtube decided to do. I flagged it as "Hateful or Abusive Content - Abusing Vulnerable Individuals." being that the man had no mental capability to consent to being filmed and I'm sure if he was mentally aware, he would not appreciate being made fun of like that.

I guess I just have a deeper understanding of ridicule and compassion with my work experience in human services. It doesn't matter who laughs at who, does it? Do their bills get paid if the laughter ends? I use to tell the guys I worked with that the people laughing at them didn't understand them at all and are laughing out of immaturity. The truth, no?

Hateful and abusive content, to me:
"Vulnerable" Animals being slaughtered....
Police brutality....
Evil in the middle east, as in watching YT videos of OUR soldiers having a great time killing brown people....

Highly offensive to me and most people, yet those videos are promoted and never taken down. It's all about personal objectivity and if you allow one form of media, you have to allow them all I say.

For the record, I don't agree with the filmer's points of view on the neighbor, but I'll defend his rights to say and feel any way he chooses to. If I take away his rights, I have to take away my own as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

vulnerable (ˈvʌlnərəb ə l) — adj 1. capable of being physically or emotionally wounded or hurt

This guy is the very definition of vulnerable. Sure, he could probably hurt someone. (and in my opinion probably is a VET) The guy deserves compassion. He deserves dignity. Where will we draw the line? Yes, we have a right to film in public. However, when someone is clearly being used as a target for public humor, EVERYONE should rise up at the victim's defense. Instead, I'm standing here alone against people who are upset cuz they can't enjoy the show. How disgusting!

If I go out and film some mentally challenged guy and make a show out of his misfortune, would that be right? Can we all start laughing and filming those who drool on themselves or who urinate themselves in public? Is that to become the new trend? I will continue to defend these people. No matter the cost. Anyone who has the desire to point and laugh should be ashamed. That is not humanity. If it is, I definitely don't want to be a part of it.

edit on 18-7-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a day late, a dollar short, the vids have been blocked by ytube why because of hate speech , must have been my old next door neighbor, no vet, never served, may have tried, but no way. He acted like one and yes all flesh was a big mac to him, just waiting for the end, to have some "Fun" as he deemed it,: "yep fun day's a coming gonna have all the big mac's i can eat , ohh look- ey there, shes a tasty morsel, wonder if she is better with mustered or ketchup, and him, pickles onions and chess, no mayo" he would sat pointing at people walking down the street, his neighbors would be his dinner guest's , enjoy a big meal then share in the riches , "got dibs's on Ms such an such TV you can have the audio, i also have dibs's Mr. such such Audie but you can have his sons truck , it's a 4 speed 4x4, you know and 4 is the sign of you know who and now need to p!$$$ him off, taking is one thing giving is an other so i give it to you" Now how many of you know people like this, and yes he has been looked at and is ok as long as he takes his med's, just one of the reason's i moved, he did not ways take his med's. and when he drank ... i can not post his exploits here , for it is not pg nor R but out right X rated.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
*EDIT: Just watched the last video (#9) where they specifically state that the guy IS NOT a vet, his brother was never in Afghanistan and he does not have PTSD. He is manic depressive. He also professes to have invented the cup holder for the Lamborgeni Scooter.

Sounds like he is ready to run for political office
Compulsive liar, making claims of feats he never did I don't see why he isn't in office already.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Hi. I never posted any youtube videos...my links go to a place called liveleak.com -and when I click on the link I provided - they are still there???

CJ

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join