It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Neighbor. What to Do? We've all Had One. Maybe not like This Guy Though. He takes the

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not quite getting how he has a boat a couple cars and a home to live in with the level of bat # insanity he is displaying.

It's sad to see someone like this, but he should be removed from the neighborhood. I would certainly not feel safe living near him, and it's not fair to force the neighbors to listen to that every day.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According to the official YouTube he is not a veteran and has depression and bi-polar disorder. There are several other videos there.

This poor man needs help, not angry neighbors yelling at him. How is it even justifiable to let him live on his own like that?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Not making a "funny" video of anyone. I wouldn't be suprised if he was a veteran of a war (look what it may do to you - thanks USA) but he ISNT. Look further into it...

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

The people filming are not Dr.s nor are they fit themselves to give a diagnosis of his condition. When the little boy is riding by the man they just keep saying, "Hey kid... go home. That guy is crazy!"

I have known some people with bad depression and who have to take medication. I have also know people who are bi-polar and who suffer from schizophrenia. They do not act like this.

Furthermore, the channel owner states, "He drinks and does a lot of marijuana." I know LOTS of people who do this and they also do not act this way.

This man was fit to own firearms at one time. I'm not buying their description at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I would love to look into it but unfortunately I have no way of doing that. All I have to go by are the words/actions/videos on the channel. These very things are what convince me he wasn't always the way he is now.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

My profession is working with mentally ill people, forensic illness and addictions. I assess illness and this man is clearly suffering from a very advanced form of mental illness. I see symptoms of schizophrenia and psychosis. If it was bipolar there would be a semblance of normalicy and coherent periods outside of mania. I do not see that in the videos.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I definitely agree with you, Eagle. Even though I edited my last post to include the neighbor's comments about manic depression, etc. I believe what our eyes/ears are seeing/hearing and telling us over the neighbor's comments (the guy wouldn't want to look like a d*** for filming an ill veteran, now would he?).

Not watching anymore and hoping that this gentleman gets the help he so obviously needs.

Timidgal

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hey EagleTalon, I agree. I have never indicated I felt or thought this was funny. The question arises, what do we do, what are we capable of doing, to help someone like this? I would have thought the "authorities" would have had their say, but seems like they don't care. The neighbors filming, like I said, are probably driven by something other than "saftey" reasons, like it is getting hits on liveleak. I find it appalling it can happen.

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Hi timidgal; I agree with you and hope you understand the Title was rhetoric to get one into the thread...the man is sick and this is a sad internet side show of real life...

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No worries, ColoradoJens. Your concern came through loud and clear (and I'm not being sarcastic)...

Timidgal

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

This isn't bi polar disorder at all.

My guess is he ingested bath salts [legal high] thats been causing people to flip out permanently.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I flagged all the videos under, "Hateful or Abusive Content - Abusing Vulnerable Individuals." This guy deserves more respect than he is being given. PTSD or not.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I respect that. I hope we can keep discussing if we have brains and heart left. Interesting so far! I feel for the man, but this is about a lot of things, him acting out in public one of them...we'll see if this presses the ATS T&C but I hope not!

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

My profession is working with mentally ill people, forensic illness and addictions. I assess illness and this man is clearly suffering from a very advanced form of mental illness. I see symptoms of schizophrenia and psychosis. If it was bipolar there would be a semblance of normalicy and coherent periods outside of mania. I do not see that in the videos.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

In your educated opinion, would someone in such an advanced state even be able to take care of themselves? I know you can only base information on a few videos, but I would like to hear your opinion. Personally, I think he's a drunk dope head and needs to have some sense introduced to him.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

In what is a very limited window of observation, I would say that with treatment, medication and being followd by a mental health worker or team on a daily basis, he could live on his own. He is in need of supportive living to assist in his maintenance and stability. A mental health team or worker would visit him daily to make sure he was taking his medications and help him with his daily basic needs to ensure the highest baseline of independence.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

yeah trust me im bi polar and ive had my moments but never that bad even if i was on some crazy drug back in my youth never that bad its more then that ive knoticed with my friend in peticular refuses to accept that hes schizophrenic even thought thats his diagnosis because he sees his bi polar frends getting less stigma so he trys to label him self as such (my frend is currently in jail for running down 3 people on mainstreet in his car) so thats where my diagnosis came from that and i used to work for the mental health department in santa clara county

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Was wondering about all the gear (boats, cars etc)...this is a case of someone completely broken down, whatever the cause, living in a semi-inhabitable "home" in a quasi-middle class neighborhood...numerous reasons...why no help?

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Agreed and thanks for the perspective...this is not ordinary and the locals (all of them - neioghbors and response) seem to have no idea what to do...sad this has not been taken care of yet...

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
lol, wow
O_o
Love the Pink Floyd reference in the title of the 1st link. .

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Did you watch through the Who "Who are You?" part? Disturbing!

CJ

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join