It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Neighbor. What to Do? We've all Had One. Maybe not like This Guy Though. He takes the

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have been following a "series" on liveleak.com where some people have been video taping their neighbor for some time, posting the vids and going back for more. All of it is shot out of the windows of their house and the guy is on full display in his front yard most of the time. He is clearly mentally ill and it becomes harder to watch as it goes, but still, he is THE NEIGHBOR FROM HELL. Can you imagine living next to this?

There are like 20 "episodes" but I'll post the first one I saw that made me intrigued and feel gross about myself at the same time...you can see the links to the right if you want to watch more...

Hi! I'm Your New Neighbor!

Part Two: Hey Neighbor! Put on Pants!

CJ

edit on 17-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would probably purchase a large stock of guns and ammunition for the inevitable day he mistook me for a cheeseburger.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I would probably purchase a large stock of guns and ammunition for the inevitable day he mistook me for a cheeseburger.

Hahaha! Thanks AnIntellectualRedneck! I hate neighbors from H but this guy is lock up material for sure, and yes, he most certainly thinks of you as a hamburger.

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If the neighbor is mentally ill, it is best to show compassion, something Americans and their scumbag authority figures are not known for.

If the neighbor is not mentally ill, find out what kind of music drives them crazy and blast it 24/7.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
oop, misread the backstory

nevermind
edit on 17-7-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am addicted to this now, thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Agreed SphinxMontral; I wonder, since the police become involved apparently regularly, if these folks really do just want to document this for their "safety" or because there is some morbid curiosity (like my own) when I saw this. I could not imagine how I could live with this after a while. Clealy professional help is needed - my question - why doesn't someone at least do something about him?

CJ
edit on 17-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: bad spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

etombo, this guy takes the cake. I mean, you have relatives over for christmas, and lo and behold, who is holding court outside? The neighbor from hell.

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
lol He reminds me of my friend's neighbor. The dude came out of his house screaming at us once because he accused us of trespassing. I found the occasion hilarious despite how pissed he was. Oh well.

And the neighbors are still dicks for provoking the guy. Its one thing to mess around with someone who's just being a blatant asshole. Its another to provoke someone who's genuinely insane. Though it looks more like the guy is on PCP or tweaked out from a history of meth use.
edit on 7/17/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So it's legal to video someone without their permission and put it up on the internet for people to gawk and laugh at?

I find that more disturbing than the guy being filmed. So he is a bit whacko by the looks of it, but we do not know his story so we should not be judging him as something less than ourselves.

By the way he is nothing like a neighbour from hell.. he is just a loud and possibly ill person.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have no patience with noisy neighbors. My usual technique to deal with them is to put in a Cannibal Corpse CD, put it on repeat, turn it up extremely LOUD, and leave for 2-3 hours. Usually that sends a clear message. When it doesn't, I resort to... other methods.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
I have no patience with noisy neighbors. My usual technique to deal with them is to put in a Cannibal Corpse CD, put it on repeat, turn it up extremely LOUD, and leave for 2-3 hours.

I think playing something more upbeat like Korpiklaani would agitate them more.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This guy is on drugs, thanks for sharing, very interesting...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I think this is really, really sad. I don't think this man is mentally ill but he is definitely whacked out of his mind on something (at times he looks like he might be hallucinating). I think he might be a veteran who served in Afghanistan and is obviously self-medicating and is encountering PTSD. The fact that the cops didn't take him away shows that he's not crazy - he definitely feels ostracized by everyone (that's why he pointed out the two people who made an effort to speak with him), he's aggressive but obviously incapable of doing any real harm and he makes a reference to is brother and Afghanistan (I've had several friends return from service and they've always referred to their fellow soldiers as "brothers"). I think the Caycee Anthony comments are his inner processing of what a #'d up world this is. I feel really bad for this guy and hope he gets some help. The way he took care of that rose (smelling it, wrapping it in the paper and putting it through the car window where it was protected) kinda broke my heart. Is there any other background on this OP?

Timidgal

edit on 7/17/2011 by timidgal because: double

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The guy is drunk (probably a couple of days worth of binging), and attention seeking. Probably knows the neighbours are watching too and are too nervous to say anything to him. My ex used to do similar stuff

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

that and crazy isnt illegal yet but id have to put my money on this guy being on meth from the videos ive seen with maybe some mild schizophrenia tossed in to round it out i would advise these people to stop filiming him as it might just set him off and while people think its funny to laugh at "the crazys" but there the ones that are most likely to not only be able to kill you but problay get away with it due to insanity leave them alone and odds are they will at worst just make you laugh

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
When the Eskimos have a bad neighbor, a few of them will
push him off the ice.

I have had some noisy neighbors.
Monkey wrenching doesnt work.
The authorities will do nothing.

The pheasants have no recourse.

edit on 17-7-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If this was just a case of mental illness I'm not certain he would be in a position to care for himself. It looks more like he's just drunk and maybe high. In which case I feel no guild for laughing my rear off at these vids.

I will admit, though, that it wouldn't be so funny if he was my neighbor. I'd have to do something about him, as his continued existence would be incompatible with my son's need to be outside.

/TOA
edit on 17-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Couldn't agree with you more and he might be on Meth (probably is) but I think he's a vet based on his haircut, his lean body type and the things he's been screaming (he mentioned Afghanistan a few times and at one point, I think he said "they killed my brother in Afghanistan). He also keeps calling out someone's name at one point.

I found this on the web about PTSD:

High rates of PTSD in Iraq War veterans are being seen, as well as a number of other difficulties, including alcohol and drug use, and depression. This may not be too surprising to read as the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are in the news everyday, as are reports of their effect on the mental health of the men and women serving there. A majority of service members in Iraq and Afghanistan have encountered traumatic experiences and high rates of PTSD and other difficulties have been found.

And this:

Through years of research, 17 PTSD symptoms have been identified. These are symptoms that can develop following the experience of a traumatic event and are listed in the 4th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (or DSM-IV). These 17 symptoms are divided into three separate clusters. The three PTSD symptom clusters, and the specific symptoms that make up these clusters, are described below.

Re-Experiencing Symptoms
•Frequently having upsetting thoughts or memories about a traumatic event.
•Having recurrent nightmares.
•Acting or feeling as though the traumatic event were happening again, sometimes called a "flashback."
•Having strong feelings of distress when reminded of the traumatic event.
•Being physically responsive, such as experiencing a surge in your heart rate or sweating, to reminders of the traumatic event.

Avoidance Symptoms
•Making an effort to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations about the traumatic event.
•Making an effort to avoid places or people that remind you of the traumatic event.
•Having a difficult time remembering important parts of the traumatic event.
•A loss of interest in important, once positive, activities.
•Feeling distant from others.
•Experiencing difficulties having positive feelings, such as happiness or love.
•Feeling as though your life may be cut short.

Hyperarousal Symptoms
•Having a difficult time falling or staying asleep.
•Feeling more irritable or having outbursts of anger.
•Having difficulty concentrating.
•Feeling constantly "on guard" or like danger is lurking around every corner.
•Being "jumpy" or easily startled.

Either way, I hope he gets some help. It's sad to see someone like this and they really should try to preserve his dignity and not tape him. Really sad...

Timidgal

*EDIT: Just watched the last video (#9) where they specifically state that the guy IS NOT a vet, his brother was never in Afghanistan and he does not have PTSD. He is manic depressive. He also professes to have invented the cup holder for the Lamborgeni Scooter. So in conclusion, I still feel bad because he's mentally ill but I, too, would probably move if he were my neighbor.
edit on 7/17/2011 by timidgal because: *See EDIT

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

This guy is suffering from PTSD. I've watched several videos. In one of them, you can see a pair of ACUs in the garage. In other videos he is screaming about AFGHANISTAN. In another video, he talks about "brothers dying in the war..." and "they won't be running no more... they got their legs shot off!"

This is sad.

The channel owner says this guy use to own several firearms but they were stolen. This guy also apparently lives alone yet has two vehicles, a boat and the house. He wasn't always this way.

Not cool. Making a "funny" channel about a Vet gets my thumbs down.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join